Sunday, February 13, 2022

Today is Sunday, 02/13/2022, Post #5





This is what I was writing about in that post I made, or think I made, but cannot find.

About a world I imagined that has freedom that no USAmerican has ever known.

I imagined those primitive USAmericans in the distant past, crossing the wilds in their covered wagons.

They had a level of freedom those of us in modern times have never known.

We have a measure of independence but really, no real freedom.

And we lose more freedom with each and every passing day, with each passing day and more polluters are bred by breeding-polluters, breeding more of the same type of selfish, ego-centric polluter.

Those primitives long ago had real freedom

And they stank unbelievably.

Today, I have Evelyn and I have clothes washing machines and I imagine an existence of real freedom.

I do not believe in the concept of destiny, as is frequently referenced in popular-culture.

People desperate to find meaning in a world they have no control over are susceptible to any wacky notions.

I do not believe in the notion of fate.

I have explained why "multiple-universe" is completely ridiculous and moronic.









1883

"Behind Us, A Cliff"

TV-series season 1 episode 2

(from internet transcript)

Elsa Dutton: [narration] And behind us was a cliff.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777666/quotes

IMDb

The Tomorrow War (2021)

Quotes

Colonel Muri Forester: You need to make sure this never happens.

Dan Forester: Yeah.

Colonel Muri Forester: I love you, dad.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

Zefram COCHRANE: Is this what the future holds? Men who have no notion of decency or morality? Maybe I'm a hundred and fifty years out of style, but I'm not going to be fodder for any inhuman monster.









The Tomorrow War (2021)

(from internet transcript)

-Dad, watch.

-SPORTSCASTER: Wait a minute!

Hes heading down the pitch.

Hes alone, only one defender behind him.

Hes driving towards it.

Its unbelievable!

Can he do it? Yes, he can!

[electrical buzzing, whirring]

-[crowd cheering]

-[air horns blaring]

[deep whooshing]

[explosive rumbling]

[people screaming]

SPORTSCASTER: 50 to 60 armed men and women standing on the pitch.

-SOLDIER: Youre tapped in.

-HART: Good copy.

Its okay.

[echoing over speakers]: We are you, 30 years in the future.

Its okay, sweetie.

HART: We are fighting a war. Our enemy is not human. And we are losing.









From 4/18/1946 ( The League of Nations disbands ) To 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 4702 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/17/1978 ( ) is 4702 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates - the world-famous actress & from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 9/17/1978 ( ) is 5542 days

5542 = 2771 + 2771

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/1973 ( the United States patent granted for the automatic teller machine ) is 2771 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica-1978/saga-of-a-star-world-1-15047/

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Episode 1

Saga of a Star World (1)

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Sep 17, 1978 on ABC

AIRED: 9/17/78









Battlestar Galactica - television miniseries premiere episode - Monday 08 December 2003 USA, finale 12/9/2003

(from internet transcript)

Helo: That's as close as you get, now just settle down. Settle down, and no one gets hurt.

Man: I have to get on board. I'll give you fifty thousand. (Other people yell similar things.)

Helo: We're not taking money. This isn't a rescue ship, this is a military vessel, and we're not taking money.

People: You can't just leave us here! What about the children?

Boomer: All right, all right. Children first. Children. (The children go up.) All right, we can take three more people.

Helo: That's the maximum load if we're gonna break orbit.

Man: Who chooses the three, you?









by me, Kerry Burgess, 9/3/2006 7:54 PM

I can’t find a lot about the Burroughs terminal and ATM’s There is plenty of the B-series computers, but not a lot on what I remember working on.

The ATM was the RT-750 model.



by me, Kerry Burgess, July 29, 2006

I wrote about March 24th earlier. I remember March 24, back in 1990, was the day I started work for Ketterman's in the Greenville office. Ketterman's was later bought by a company named Information Systems Analysts with my division being something like Information Systems Services, which made it ISA-ISS. The company owner met with us in Greenville, when he bought the company, sometime in 1992, shortly before I transfered with them to Memphis. ISA was based in Alexandria, VA, and the owner was a former U.S. Navy officer. Anyway, I remember March 24th as being the first day at work for Ketterman's and having to go out on a service call and I had to search for the bank because I had just moved to that town and I wasn't really even sure how to get back to my apartment after I got off work that day.



Posted by me, Kerry Burgess: H.V.O.M at 11:10 AM Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Federal

For the past couple hours or so I have been thinking about a memory I have of working in South Carolina and that I do not think is a real memory but is a symbolic memory.

I had been called out to repair a malfunctioning ATM that the was in operation by a bank that the company I worked for had a service contract with and my title was Field Engineer.



Posted by me, Kerry Burgess, NOVEMBER 18, 2017

That job was a computer maintenance contract for First Federal Savings and Loan based in Greenville.

The most challenging work was keeping the bank's automatic teller machines operating.



posted by me, Kerry Burgess, March 13, 2007

In my artificial “memories,” I got out of the Navy in 1990 and moved to Greenville, South Carolina, where I got a job providing electronic and mechanical support to Automated Teller Machines for a bank named First Federal.









Capricorn One (1978)

Dr. James Kelloway, NASA official: [speaking into telephone] Yes? Which one? [listening] What direction was he going?










capricorn-one_01h21m45s


capricorn-one_01h13m18s


capricorn-one_01h13m23s









Capricorn One (1978)

(from internet transcript)

WELL DONE, CAPRICORN.

YES?

IS WHITTER IN? TELL HIM IT'S CAULFIELD.

WHO?

WHITTER. ELLIOT WHITTER.

THERE'S NO ONE HERE BY THAT NAME. YOU MUST HAVE THE WRONG APARTMENT.

WELL, THIS IS APARTMENT 228, ISN'T IT?

YEAH. OH, YOU PROBABLY HAVE THE WRONG BUILDING. YOU KNOW, THEY ARE ALL SORTA LOOK ALIKE.









album: "The Division Bell" (1994)

PINK FLOYD

"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us









album: "The Final Cut" (1983)

Pink Floyd

"Your Possible Pasts"

They flutter behind you your possible pasts
Some bright-eyed and crazy some frightened and lost
A warning to anyone still in command
Of their possible future to take care
In derelict sidings the poppies entwine
With cattle trucks lying in wait for the next time

Do you remember me? How we used to be?
Do you think we should be closer?

She stood in the doorway the ghost of a smile
Haunting her face like a cheap hotel sign
Her cold eyes imploring the men in their macs
For the gold in their bags or the knives in their backs
Stepping up boldly one put out his hand
He said, "I was just a child then. Now I'm only a man."

Do you remember me? How we used to be?
Do you think we should be closer?

By the cold and religious we were taken in hand
Shown how to feel good and told to feel bad
Tongue tied and terrified we learned how to pray
Now our feelings run deep and cold as the clay
And strung out behind us the banners and flags
Of our possible pasts lie in tatters and rags

Do you remember me? How we used to be?
Do you think we should be closer?



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 12:57 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 02/13/2022