Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Today is Wednesday, 02/23/2022, Post #1





posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 10:03 PM Thursday, April 12, 2007

[excerpts, from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork:] Released 21 November 1983

Seven and the Ragged Tiger is Duran Duran's third studio album, released globally in November, 1983. It would prove to be the last studio album for the band's original lineup until 2004's Astronaut.

Simon Le Bon said the album "is an adventure story about a little commando team. The Seven is for us -- the five band members and the two managers -- And The Ragged Tiger is success. Seven people running after success. It's ambition. That's what it's about." [excerpt ends, from internet]

I woke up the other morning thinking about the song “New Moon On Monday” from that Duran Duran album, “Seven and the Ragged Tiger.” I was thinking over and over that there was some sounds in that song that sounded like mortar rounds exploding, which led me to thoughts of the Vietnam War. So I listened to the track a few times and I decided that it is the sound of jets flying over someone and then sounds of anti-aircraft machine guns, and then the sounds of explosions, possibly from bombs dropped from the jets. At 03:04 on my player during the song, there is a distinct sound of what sounds like an explosion and I associate that with a bomb being dropped from one of those jets. I wonder if those are sound I recorded from the ground during the Falklands War, which was the year before that album released. Or maybe I was in Afghanistan fighting with our allies there. I am quite certain I was fighting with the mujahdeen in Afghanistan as my U.S. military assignment, but I can’t remember a lot of details yet. The sounds on that “New Moon On Monday” track aren’t too realistic, but they are recognizable, and I wonder if I modified the real sounds I recorded to make them less recognizable, or they were sounds I reproduced with instruments. I have been wondering if this represents me standing there at night with the Moon overhead, knowing I had been out there, and pondering the absurdity of war as a battle raged around me. I would ponder many times of how there are important fights, but I would also wonder……..I can’t remember how I want to finish that sentence.

I examined the release date for that song and I think it points to the first time I flew a fighter jet on 5/1/67. Going back 5933 days, inclusive, from the release date was 8/25/67. That was 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, after 5/1/67.

[excerpts, from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork:] "New Moon on Monday" is the tenth single by Duran Duran, and the second from their 1983 album Seven and the Ragged Tiger. It reached the Top 10 on both the British and American music charts.

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"New Moon On Monday"

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny
I said it again
Could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn't really put it much plainer
But I'll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite
Breaking away with the best of both worlds
A smile that you can't disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I'd forget tonight
This time La Luna

[excerpt ends]









posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 5:36 PM Friday, April 13, 2007

I have written about how the movie "Midway" occurred right about the time I intercepted the comet, meaning that I was about half-way through the mission. But the original plan went out the window when I hit that meteor storm and from then on it had turned into a one-way flight.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 1:30 PM Friday, April 27, 2007

I wrote earlier about how that track "New Moon On Monday" makes me think it reflects the final flight to Earth's Moon with Apollo 17. Apollo 17 landed on the Moon on 12/11/1972, which was a Monday. But it also made me think of 6/7/1976. That is the day I recognize as when I landed on the Saturn moon Phoebe. I have been thinking that "New Moon On Monday" was Apollo 17 because that was a new trip to the Earth's Moon. But 6/7/1976 was a visit to a different moon, and during that mission, was the first visit I made to any moon. My first stop was at Mars, which is a planet. And then the Jupiter moon Callisto was the next new moon after Phoebe, but that wasn‘t a Monday. Those lyrics and sound effects make me think the song represents several trips and that it includes Apollo 17 and the Jupiter moon Phoebe.

The clues got even more interesting as I continued to examine the details, and I realized that "New Moon On Monday" also pointed to Apollo 8, which was the first time humans had orbited the Earth‘s Moon.









From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 6593 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/21/1983 ( ) is 6593 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 6086 days

6086 = 3043 + 3043

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/3/1974 ( premiere US TV series "Nova" ) is 3043 days



From 10/2/1960 ( premiere US TV series "Insight"::premiere episode "Ecce Homo" ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly - or something - the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 9265 days



From 11/28/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "Have Gun - Will Travel"::"Tiger" ) To 7/22/2005 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, from my official records United States Veterans Affairs psychiatric-hospital in Seattle: "Mr. Burgess checked into Urgent Care this AM complaining of constipation" - Psychiatry Emergency Services ) is 16673 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 16673 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 6033 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/10/1982 ( extensively referenced by me, Kerry Burgess, in my blog-posts beginning year-2007: from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: debut of album "Rio" by Duran Duran ) is 6033 days



From 1/28/1961 ( premiere US TV series "Supercar" ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 18412 days

18412 = 9206 + 9206

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9206 days



From 11/4/1949 ( premiere US film "Apache Chief" ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 16673 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 16673 days



From 2/11/1996 ( premiere US TV series episode "Space: Above and Beyond"::"The Angriest Angel" ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 5615 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/18/1981 ( premiere US TV series "The Greatest American Hero" ) is 5615 days



From 11/25/1943 ( premiere US film "Way Down in the Corn" ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 16673 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/2011 ( ) is 16673 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2124335/

IMDb

Education: A Higher Calling

Late Bloomer

Episode aired Jun 27, 2011

S1 E1

Top cast

Mike Huckabee as Self









posted by me, Kerry Burgess: August 01, 2019

The Horrible Truth

Because you're a dullard dim-wit, you're incapable of imagination.

You're incapable of imagining the vast and deep history of this ancient planet Earth that has been cranking out life-forms for billions of years.

You're incapable of comprehending a time-span of billion years because your dullard dim-wit brain can hardly comprehend anything beyond a few days at best.

Your lack of imagination prevents you from trying to predict anything about the future that doesn't concern you personally.

That's why all the religions are still fervently popular in the world and all the hypocrites here in the United States of America.

All religion is just a get-out-of-jail-for-free for all of you, all you cowards and your terror of mortality.

The only thing you can predict for certain about the future is your own mortality. And you have no control over it. Or anything else. So you thump your bible. Because all you have to protect you from the scary Real World is your superstition.

Your lack of imagination prevents you from understanding the feeble attempts by your dullard mind to predict the future is because your monkey ancestors, in their constant bid for survival of the fittest in the cruel, unfair jungle, developed a sense of danger.

They imagined the dangers of the other creatures slithering around with them in the dark on the desert floor or from the predators flying above, the descendants of the dinosaurs.

Your monkey ancestors learned that safety existed in the trees so, because of the stresses of the environment, or perhaps simply because again their DNA was mutated from solar radiation and ultraviolet radiation from beyond, they developed hands and feet for climbing. Because of stress. The stress of real events happening to them and stress of dangers witnessed occurring to others they associated with personally and because of the stress of dangers imagined in their feeble brains.

Millions of years later, you're not much different than your monkey ancestors covering the surface of this planet with crap.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 09:00 AM Pacific-time USA Wednesday 02/23/2022