Sunday, February 20, 2022

Today is Sunday, 02/20/2022, Post #2





I had no idea until a few hours ago, yesterday, that "Peggy Sue Got Married" is about some sort of time-travel

Never watched it, of course.

At the time it was new in the theatres, my girlfriend at the time, in Chicago, never mentioned going to see it. She did make me go see "Top Gun" a few months earlier. Can't recall what else we went to see. Guess it was because she went back to college in Indiana after summer and we didn't always see each other on the weekends. Although I do recall she and her mother presented me with a birthday cake in early November, just before I left Chicago for leave and then Dam Neck, Virginia., Yeah, I remembered again that I drove down to Valparaiso to see her on the Labor Day weekend. We hadn't gone out many times before that I can recall. There were a couple times or more I remember staying overnight at her mother's condo in Arlington Heights when I was still attending school at Great Lakes. Can't recall any other movies we saw. Remember going to a concert, which I liked because it was Merle Haggard, but that was a rare occurrence of me at a concert. Remember she wanted me to attend a friend's wedding with her. I can recall sitting at a table and talking with other guests. I never gave any serious thought to marrying her, or anyone else. If it came up with other girlfriends then probably because I was drunk on beer.









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 7:46 AM Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hyperspace

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful test of my hyperspace portal ) is 9265 days









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 2:39 PM Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hyperspace matter transportation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune

Wikipedia

Neptune

Neptune is the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun in the Solar System.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/quotes

IMDb

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

Quotes

Peggy Sue: I am a grown woman with a life time of experience that you can't understand.










DSC02873_









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/quotes

IMDb

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

Quotes

Charlie Bodell: Next week, we'll be selling Sanyo remote control VCRs for $299!









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/quotes

IMDb

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

Quotes

Peggy Sue: Would you meet me after school, please?

Richard Norvik: [sighs] All right. I'll be in the physics lab. But, can you make it 4:30; because, I have to go to a Rocket Club meeting









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/quotes

IMDb

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

Quotes

Michael Fitzsimmons: "How many loved your moments of glad grace, And loved your beauty with love false or true, But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you, And loved the sorrows of your changing face." I didn't write that. That's Yeats.

Peggy Sue: I envy you. You have your whole life ahead of you and you know exactly what you want.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/quotes

IMDb

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

Quotes

Elizabeth Alvorg: If you believe it, darling, then I believe. Being young is just as confusing as being old. The things that happened to me 50 years ago are more on my mind than the things that happen today.

Peggy Sue: But I'm remembering the future.









by me, Kerry Burgess: October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip,









by me, Kerry Burgess: September 25, 2011

He took Kerry Wayne Burgess to the airport and flew him into Greenville South Carolina and called up a security detail team and found out where they were so he could join them in an automobile along with Kerry Wayne Burgess. After sitting in the van with the darkened windows the original Kerry Wayne Burgess was stunned to see what Thomas Reagan brought him to see: me. I walked out the bank where I had gone to make a service call for their computer systems. I thought extensively about how, while they were not talking in detail in front of the secret surveillance team, the details about me, the clone of the original Kerry Wayne Burgess were described to the original Kerry Wayne Burgess. I thought about how after the crash of 19 July 1989 Thomas Reagan personally flew the original Kerry Wayne Burgess back to Charleston South Carolina and I thought extensively about the discussion as both discussed the alternate reality that the original Kerry Wayne Burgess experienced just as the airplane crashed and burned. The original Kerry Wayne Burgess was highly agitated because clocks did not work in that world. Every time he would create a new method for recording time he would come back to find it destroyed









posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M 01:54 AM Sunday 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy [ ship ] to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









by me, Kerry Burgess: July 15, 2017

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.

Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.









Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(from internet transcript)

FEMALE MASTER: (in Vulcan) I sense the consciousness calling to you from space. ...Your human blood is touched by it









Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(from internet transcript)

FEMALE MASTER: (in Vulcan) Our ancestors cast out their animal passions on these very sands, ...saving our race through the attainment of Kolinahr.

MALE MASTER: (in Vulcan) Kolinahr, through which all emotion is renounced and shed.










1955-04-18_1

https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19550418-02

Daily Princetonian Extra! Einstein Dies!, Volume 79, Number 51, 18 April 1955









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 6:05 PM Monday, September 19, 2011

From 6/21/1982 ( Prince William the Duke of Cambridge ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful test of my hyperspace matter transportation device ) is 3190 days

3190 = 1595 + 1595

From 3/4/1959 ( the birthdate London England time of my brother Thomas Reagan ) to 7/16/1963 ( my brother's wife Phoebe ) is 1595 days

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 September 2011 excerpt ends]



From 2/8/1960 ( Britain's Queen Elizabeth announced that her future descendants would bear her husband's name as well as her own creating the surname Mountbatten-Windsor ) To 6/21/1985 ( premiere US film "Cocoon" ) is 9265 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 9265 days



From 4/18/1955 ( Albert Einstein dead ) To 8/29/1980 ( I'm only 14-years-old and Thedia just got married again for the 5th time - all during my lifetime - to some different Arkansas yokel ) is 9265 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( ) is 9265 days



From 1/6/1963 ( premiere US TV series "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" ) To 3/16/1991 ( ) is 10296 days

10296 = 5148 + 5148

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/7/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5148 days



From 9/14/1914 ( Clayton Moore ) To 1/26/1940 ( Jane Wyman and Ronald Reagan married until 18 July 1949 ) is 9265 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( ) is 9265 days



From 1/27/1756 ( Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ) To 6/9/1781 ( George Stephenson ) is 9265 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( ) is 9265 days









IMDb (dot) com

Cocoon (1985)

Quotes

David: When would you go, if you did?

Ben Luckett: Soon, my boy. Soon. And do you know where?

David: Where?

Ben Luckett: Look up. Outer space, my lad. Outer space.

David: Who's gonna take you to outer space?










1985-06-21_0-b


1985-06-21_1









Cocoon (1985)

(from internet transcript)

:11:49
And we might even have
a swimming suit for you.

:11:52
- I got mine on.
- Oh, the navy could use men like you.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Adama: How's your mother?

Apollo: Getting married.

Adama: Good for her. We spoke about a year ago, had a real heart-to-heart, it was good.

Apollo: I'm glad to hear that, sir, will that be all?

Adama: Why don't you talk to me, Lee?

Apollo: What do you want to talk about?

Adama: About anything. You've been here for an hour.

Apollo: Well, I don't have anything to say. My orders said, report here and participate in the ceremony, so I'm, I'm here. And I'm gonna participate in the ceremony. There wasn't, wasn't anything in my orders about having any heart-to-heart chats with the old man.

Adama: Accidents happen, in the service.

Apollo: Dad, listen, I-

Adama: You know, all the things you talked to me about the last time we were together-

Apollo: I really don't want to do this.

Adama: -at the funeral, they still ring in my ears after two years.

Apollo: Good! Good. Cause you know what? They were meant to.

Adama: Zack had a choice. You both did.

Apollo: "A man isn't a man until he wears the wings of a Viper pilot." Doesn't that sound at all familiar to you?

Adama: That's not fair, son.

Apollo: No, it's not fair. Because one of us wasn't cut out to wear the uniform.

Adama: He earned his wings, just like we all do.










battlestar-galactica-2003_00h-34m-53s


battlestar-galactica-2003_00h-35m-01s


battlestar-galactica-2003_00h-35m-04s


DSC08470 bsg


DSC08469 bsg









From 7/23/1961 ( ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 10828 days

10828 = 5414 + 5414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/29/1980 ( I'm only 14-years-old and Thedia just got married again for the 5th time - all during my lifetime - to some different Arkansas yokel ) is 5414 days



From 7/23/1961 ( ) To 10/7/1986 ( premiere US film "Peggy Sue Got Married" ) is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 7/23/1961 ( ) To 12/28/1981 ( from History (dot) com: First American "test-tube baby" is born {Elizabeth Jordan Carr} ) is 7463 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 7463 days



From 7/23/1961 ( ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 9026 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1990 ( premiere US film "Navy Seals" ) is 9026 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Durant

Michael Durant

From Wikipedia

Michael John Durant (born July 23, 1961) is an American pilot and author. He was a member of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Night Stalkers) as a Chief Warrant Officer 3. He retired from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer 4 Blackhawk helicopter Master Aviator in the 160th SOAR after participating in combat operations Prime Chance, Just Cause, and Desert Storm, and also Gothic Serpent, in which he was briefly held prisoner in 1993 after a raid in Somalia. His awards include the Distinguished Service Medal, Distinguished Flying Cross with Oak Leaf Cluster, Bronze Star with Valor Device, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, three Air Medals, Prisoner of War Medal, and many others.

Durant and his crew of three, Bill Cleveland, Ray Frank, and Tommy Field, were badly injured in the crash. Durant suffered a crushed vertebra in his back and a compound fracture of his left femur. Two Delta Force snipers, MSG Gary Gordon and SFC Randy Shughart, had been providing suppressive fire from the air at hostile Somalis who were converging on the crash site. Both volunteered for insertion onto the ground to protect the crew and join Durant in fighting off the advancing Somalis. The pair killed an estimated 25 Somalis before they ran out of ammunition. They were soon overwhelmed and killed









http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086/quotes

IMDb

Black Hawk Down (2001)

Quotes

Pilot: [ over broadcast speakers from helicopter flying above Mogadishu: ] Mike Durant, we won't leave you behind.









excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 9/12/2006 11:27 AM

Was I part of the group that is known as Delta Force? That would make sense.









from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: October 5, 2006

10/5/2006 7:11 PM

Back in May, I was writing about how I sensed that I had served in two different branches of the service. I assumed that I had been in the Navy and the Marines. This morning, I realized that must have been my sense of being in the Navy and also the space program. Then I realized those thoughts may actually represent that I worked with Delta Force









The Twilight Zone

Season 1 Episode 3

Mr. Denton on Doomsday

Aired Oct 16, 1959

Quotes

Liz: Al, I think everything's gonna be all right now, understand? Charlie says you're as good with a gun now as you ever were.

Denton: That's what Charlie says? I was good. I was real good. I was so good that once a day someone would ride into town to make me prove it, and every morning I'd start my drinking a few minutes earlier









From 10/16/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Mr. Denton on Doomsday" ) To 12/25/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 11758 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/11/1998 ( ) is 11758 days



From 3/12/1942 ( during World War II Douglas MacArthur evacuates the Philippines and major general Jonathan Wainwright assumes command ) To 1/11/1998 ( ) is 20394 days

20394 = 10197 + 10197

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/3/1993 ( the Battle of Mogadishu Somalia begins ) is 10197 days



From 4/18/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), from my official enlisted United States Navy records: during USA Armed Forces Expeditionary Operation Earnest Will with my personal participation and commendation - CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - aboard the USS Wainwright CG-28 US Navy the United States Operation Praying Mantis ) To 1/11/1998 ( ) is 3555 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/28/1975 ( Gerald Ford, 38th President of USA: Letter to Congressional Committee Chairmen Recommending Extension of Automobile Emission Standards ) is 3555 days



http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980111&slug=2728162

The Seattle Times

Sunday, January 11, 1998

Black Hawk Down -- An American War Story -- The Day U.S. Got Stung In Somalia









http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_MacArthur

Douglas MacArthur

In February 1942, as Japanese forces tightened their grip on the Philippines, MacArthur was ordered by President Roosevelt to relocate to Australia. MacArthur discussed the idea with his staff that he resign his commission and fight on as a private soldier in the Philippine resistance but Sutherland talked out of it. On the night of March 12, 1942, MacArthur, with Jean, Arthur, and a select group, left Corregidor in four PT boats.



https://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-philippines-timeline-20121202-story.html

March 12, 1942: Gen. Douglas MacArthur evacuated to Australia from Corregidor

May 6, 1942: Gen. Jonathan Wainwright asks to surrender Corregidor



https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/travel/1985/04/28/corregidor-and-the-remembrances-of-war/33830434-eda9-40f9-84ef-d005001c2048/

The Washington Post

Corregidor and the Remembrances of War

By Gregg Jones

On the night of March 12, 1942, MacArthur, his family and some staff officers made their way to Corregidor's dock and boarded four PT boats. MacArthur, under direct orders from President Roosevelt, made his way to Darwin, Australia, where he issued his famous pledge, "I shall return."

MacArthur had designated Gen. Jonathan Wainwright as commander of Corregidor and left him with two jars of shaving cream, a box of cigars and the words, "If I get to Australia you know I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold."

But Corregidor and the peninsula were taking a pounding from Japanese bombers and shore guns. When the defenders on Bataan surrendered on April 9, 1942, the Japanese expected Corregidor to follow because the island relied on daily provision barges from the peninsula.

For 27 days, a devastating rain of shells pounded much of the island into rubble. Most of the 10,000 defenders crammed into the overcrowded, fetid Malinta Tunnel. One by one, the American guns were put out of action. A quarter of the 4,000 troops assigned to defend the beaches were killed or wounded by the shelling.

Finally, Wainwright cabled Roosevelt: "With broken heart and head bowed in sadness but not in shame . . . I must arrange terms for the surrender . . . There is a limit of human endurance and that limit has long been passed." On May 6, 1942, Corregidor surrendered.

The Americans did not return to Corregidor until Feb. 16, 1945, when American airborne and infantry soldiers began an assault that raged for 11 days.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_M._Wainwright_(general)

Jonathan M. Wainwright (general)

From Wikipedia

Jonathan Mayhew "Skinny" Wainwright IV (August 23, 1883 – September 2, 1953) was a career American army officer and the Commander of Allied forces in the Philippines at the time of their surrender to the Empire of Japan during World War II. Wainwright was a recipient of the Medal of Honor for his courageous leadership during the fall of the Philippines.



http://www.history.com/speeches/jonathan-wainwright---release-from-japanese-prison-camp

HISTORY

SPEECHES & AUDIO

Jonathan Wainwright Released From Japanese Prison Camp (3 min) TV-PG

Speaking from U.S. Army-controlled Tokyo Radio, Lt. Gen. Jonathan "Skinny" Wainwright









Black Hawk Down (2001)

Quotes

[after the briefing]

Matthews: What's the matter Danny? Something you don't like?

McKnight: No Spectre gunships, daylight instead of night, late afternoon when they're all fucked up on Khat, only part of the city Aidid can mount a serious counter-attack on short notice...

[chuckles]

McKnight: What's not to like?

Harell: Life's imperfect.

McKnight: Yeah, for you two, circling above it at five hundred feet it's imperfect. Down in the street, it's unforgiving.










the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-45m-44s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-45m-52s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-46m-28s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-46m-38s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-46m-41s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep10-1964_00h-46m-45s









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/02/today-is-tuesday-02152022-post-1.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 10:24 AM, February 15, 2022

Today is Tuesday, 02/15/2022, Post #1

I now see those characters as variations of me, the person I was, sometime in the past, near or far

[ excerpt ends ]



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 4:51 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 02/20/2022