Saturday, February 26, 2022

Today is Saturday, 02/26/2022





Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse, Book 3, by James Corey, Kindle Edition)

Chapter 25: Holden

Miller's grim smile chilled Holden's blood. "I keep telling you. This station is in war mode, kid. It's playing for keeps."

"Is there a way we can make it feel better about things?"

"Sure. Now I'm in here, I can take off the lockdown," Miller said, "But you're going to have to -"

Miller vanished.

"To what?" Holden shouted. "I'm going to have to *what*?"

From behind came an electronically magnified voice. "James Holden, by authority of the Martian Congressional Republic, you are placed under arrest. Get down on your knees and place your hands on your head. Any attempt to resist with be met with lethal response."

Holden did as he was told, but turned his head to look behind. Seven marines in recon armor had come into the room. They weren't bothering to point their guns at him, but Holden knew they could catch him and tear him to pieces just using the strength of their suits.

"Guys, seriously, you couldn't have given me five more minutes?"









From 1/21/1976 ( precedeing his strike to divert the Comet "Lucifer", threatening all life on planet Earth with death and extinction, my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Mars and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



From 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 7826 days

7826 = 3913 + 3913

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1976 ( the USA NASA unmanned Viking 1 Mars landing ) is 3913 days



From 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 7826 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/7/1987 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Rocky Road to Jupiter" ) is 7826 days



From 2/17/1933 ( USA Senate accepts the Blaine Act, ending prohibition ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 15988 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 15988 days



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 08/11/09 12:42 PM

You see, that collection of super-intelligence that finds me so interesting are also fascinated over how the human obsession with wearing clothing can have such a profound effect on humans and how it causes humans to act so stupidly. I, for one, feel that I must wear clothing but that collection of super-intelligence do not have any history with garments so that is a foreign concept to them.









album: "Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes" (1977)

Jimmy Buffett

"Margaritaville"

(from internet transcript)

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin' my six string on my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp
They're beginnin' to boil

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's nobody's fault

Don't know the reason
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie, how it got here
I haven't a clue

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
Now I think, - hell it could be my fault

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on










cryo-oxygen .jpg, from internet









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: August 29, 2006

My doctor asked me why I wanted to return as Thomas Ray.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068229/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Astronaut (1972 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 8 January 1972

The Astronaut (1972)

ABC Movie of the week

00:40:18

Gail Randolph: [ slaps him ] Stop it! Stop looking at me with his face!









From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:24 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006

Went to Camp Couchdale in the summer of '81, after graduating 9th grade.

Met a girl named Phoebe, took her out on the lake in a boat and paddled around. We wrote letters for a long time afterwards.









http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

"Metamorphosis" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967

NANCY Hedford, Federation Commissioner: How perceptive of you to notice I needed one.









From 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 5390 days

5390 = 2695 + 2695

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/1973 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Police Story" ) is 2695 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 2258 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/1972 ( premiere US TV movie "The Astronaut" ) is 2258 days



From 1/3/1913 ( Thomas Edison gave the first demonstration of his new invention the kinetophone ) To 7/25/1946 ( the United States Operation Crossroads - Bikini Atoll - 2nd of 2 atomic bomb detonations and underwater detonation code-name Baker ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 6128 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/releaseinfo

IMDb

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Release Info

USA 13 August 1982

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Full Cast & Crew

Phoebe Cates ... Linda Barrett









Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

God, he hardly talks anymore.

Yeah, I know. He hates wearing a uniform.









https://www.quora.com/Have-you-ever-struggled-with-attraction-to-your-partners-identical-twin

Quora

Have you ever struggled with attraction to your partner's identical twin?

Laurie Carpenter, former Wench in a Medieval Dinner Theater

Updated 3 years ago

Yes I have and wow that's a strange experience that only someone who has been there can understand. They know you have trouble seeing them as two different people…and they will use it to confuse you.

A long time ago, when I was a bartender, this guy used to come in and play pool who I thought was just gorgeous. Sometimes he would just sit at the bar and flirt with me and I would flirt right back. He had these beautiful blue eyes that made me just melt. Other times, he would just play pool and act like he didn't know me, even though I would catch him checking me out the whole time he was there.

This went on for at least a month and the whole time I was thinking, what is up with this man, why does he act like he is totally hot for me one day, then like he doesn't know me at all the next day. Then one night I ran into him at another bar and we hung out for a while. Nothing happened, and he was very polite but he had seemed quite interested. A few nights later I ran into him again and he was all over me, and totally hot for me again. I had politely excused myself and left because I was so confused, and I thought maybe he had multiple personality disorder.

I decided that the next time he came in I was going to confront him about his weirdness even if he was playing pool with his friends. Sure enough, I got to work the next evening and there he was, at the pool table. This time though, at least he had smiled and waved to me instead of just checking me out. Then later on he even came over and sat at the bar for a while and chatted with me. This was strange because when he played pool, he never talked to me, but he was still all shy... after trying to get me to go home with him the other night. Now I was fed up with this crazy guy.

Finally, I got the time to talk to him and right in front of his friends, I asked him why he tried to jump my bones the other night and now he's being such a gentleman. I remember everyone else laughing so hard, and he just shook his head. Turns out that “shy pool guy,” and “flirty bar guy” are super gorgeous identical twins and I had spent time with both of them. The guy who sat at the bar was Sam, and he was the same guy who tried to jump my bones. The guy who played pool and was always respectful was Dave. Also, this is what they did with women…they confused the crap out of them. They knew exactly what they were doing. For the next month or so they both pursued me and it was exciting as hell to be able to go out with these guys, but I was never able to tell them apart. Sometimes Sam was respectful, and Dave was aggressive…and I was too embarrassed that I couldn't tell them apart to bother asking. (To this day I am not entirely sure which one of them got lucky that one time.)









album: "The Cars" (1978)

The Cars

"Moving In Stereo"

(from internet transcript)

Life's the same, I'm moving in stereo
Life's the same except for my shoes
Life's the same, you're shaking like tremolo
Life's the same, it's all inside you

It's so easy to blow up your problems
It's so easy to play up your breakdown
It's so easy to fly through a window
It's so easy to fool with the sound

It's so tough to get up
It's so tough
It's so tough to live up
It's so tough on you










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h-53m-40s



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 7:14 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 02/26/2022