Thursday, February 17, 2022

Today is Thursday, 02/17/2022, Post #3





Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse, Book 3, by James Corey, Kindle Edition)

Chapter 6: Holden

"What would someone be sending to Titania that requires a fast, stealthy, and heavily armed warship? Have you asked what's in those crates we we signed up to carry?"

"No," Holden said

"Why?"

Holden pulled out his hand terminal and called up an orbital map of the solar system. "See this, all the way on this edge? This is the Ring." He scrolled the display to the other edge of the solar system. "And this is Uranus. They are literally the two spots furthest from each other in the universe that have humans near them."

"And?" Naomi said.

"And I know I don't talk about it much, but something really unpleasant and really big with a really high body count knows my name, and it's connected to the Ring."

"Miller," Naomi said.

"The Ring opened, and he *knew when it happened*. It was closest thing to making sense he's done since..."

Since he rose from the dead. The words didn't fit in his throat, and Naomi didn't make him say them. Her nod was enough. She understood. In an act of legendary cowardice, he was running away to the other side of the solar system to avoid Miller and the Ring and everything that had to do with them. If they had to transport black market human organs or drugs or sexbots or whatever was in those crates, he'd do it. Because he was scared.









Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:55 PM Thursday, January 27, 2011

George Washington

Did I jump back in the past to 3/3/2003 for a landing at Burke Lake near the town of George in Washington State?

That would make sense as I think about it more. That date 3/3/2003 is also the premiere of the film "Tears of the Sun." That would also make sense that details could be incorporated into that tangible medium of intellectual property for the simple fact that since people who knew I was going to time travel knew precisely where to meet me on that date 3/3/2003.

In the context of my natural-time self I drove out there to that area in the year 2005. I wrote afterward in my journal about that excursion and of how you never knew you were about to go over a cliff until you were at the edge.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess: December 22, 2017 1:26 am

Dying of the Light (2014)

There's no reason to be alone in this.
- So what is prescribed?
- Usually serotonin inhibitors...
Zoloft, Paxil... or antidepressants.
But those are drugs for crazy people,
manic-depressives. That's not me.
Okay, let's get that clear.
That's not who I am.
Look, these medications address
the behavioral symptoms.
- Not the disease?
- That's correct.









by me, Kerry Burgess: Time here now: 10:00 AM Friday 22 December 2017 Pacific Time USA

Excursion plans postponed indefinitely due to personal injury experienced just after midnight earlier today.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess: December 22, 2017 11:03 am

Back To The Future (1985)

Doc Brown: After I fell off my toilet... I drew this.

Marty: The flux capacitor.

Doc Brown: It works ! It works ! I finally invent something that works !

Marty: You bet your ass it works.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess, December 22, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

A few minutes later, I looked at the clock.

A few minutes after 12:30 AM

I had gotten out of bed and walked to the bathroom here in my tiny apartment and flipped on the light.

Standing there my mind is churning over something. Normal, it seems, every thing seems normal.

The recessed ceiling fan is what I noticed first. Very loud noise.

My subconscious mind seems about to ask me: Why are my eyes closed? Why is there such bright light beyond my closed eyes.

My brain is telling me I am still standing upright.

The ceiling fan is very loud. Something very important is circulating in my thoughts. My eyes are closed. There is bright light beyond my eyes.

I am not standing upright.

I am actually crumpled up on the floor between the toilet on the wall on the right-side.

The fall never registered in my mind. As I dropped to the floor one of my appendages must have slammed down the toilet lid seat and that never registered in my mind when it happened.

First order of business, stand up. Vague sense of pain begins in my right leg.

Limp into other room and glance at clock: 12:34 AM.

Lie in bed for a long time with teeth clenched shut afraid to take any ibuprofen and in a futile effort to fall back to sleep.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess, December 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

These are the best nights outside here in Spokane during winter.

The low clouds reflect the city lights. The fresh snow falling from the sky. The cold fresh air.

Walking, limping outside to carry out the trash I wanted to walk around and practice more of night-time photography but that is now too painful and I should probably stay off my feet. There should be more chances later if the weather reports are accurate.









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2017/12/excursion-stargate.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess

MONDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2017

Excursion: Stargate

Photo objectives:

Canada Island marker

Howard Street marker

Totem

Pollution marker

Canada Island mini-ampitheater

Upper Falls dam. Sundial?



Excursion planning begins: 12:50 PM Thursday 21 December 2017 Pacific Time USA.

Calendar date for next excursion undecided as of now, maybe Sunday the 24th or perhaps Saturday the 23rd. Code pattern will not be examined until after my return home from excursion.



from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 04/04/08 8:02 PM

I had a very lucid dream just before I woke up that I was trying to catch an airline flight to some place. I might have been trying to go home but I cannot remember any details from the dream, other than what I describe that suggest I was going home. Even the one detail that does suggest that I was going home does not really have the kind of emotional attachment to it that I would describe as suggestive of going home. The dream started off with something about a group of Native Americans that I cannot remember enough detail about to articulate, other than I seemed to walk through of group of Native Americans that were walking some place. There are some other details that I also cannot fully articulate but that I can visualize somewhat and it seems I was out fishing in a lake with some relatives and I caught a fish and it seemed to the only one we had caught. Then I heard someone that I could see say to who ever was listening that we should not eat the fish out of that lake. It did not look very appetizing anyway and seemed to have bruises on it after it had been cleaned. The I was walking some where and that is when I seemed to be trying to catch the airline flight. There are some other details between there that I cannot remember now. I remember that I was carrying some luggage and also several items from the dry cleaners that I had just picked up. One of the items was slipping out the bundle because I did not have the hanger in my hand along with the others. Then I remember from the dream that I walked by Ron Howard as he was walking by me and he seemed to say to someone that I had not seen him or that I had not recognized him. Then I was still walking along through the city, which is vaguely familiar but I am not certain, and I was thinking to myself that I was going to miss the flight because I was running out of time. Then the thought occurred to me that it would not matter if I missed the flight because, due to the arrangements that had already been made, they would put me onto the next flight. This is now the second time the thought has occurred to me as I write this that I am beginning to forget important details from that dream I had just before I woke up in the past hour or so. Then I was in the airport and I was checking in but I am confused about the person who was checking my ticket. I cannot remember enough detail to say for certain but I might have walked behind the counter of a Starbucks and a woman there was checking me in for the flight. She looked at my ID and there is now something I have forgotten but she was saying something about my ID matches my military pension that was published in the paper and she was using a newspaper that I had brought along as the source and I was thinking that I was glad I had brought along a copy of that newspaper. I am not certain why details about me were printed on that newspaper. There was also some detail available to my mind at this point in the dream, and I do not know the source, where I can almost visualize the association with the Jupiter moon Callisto. But I cannot visualize the source of that phrase. I have to guess that the boarding desk had a sigh with something about the Jupiter moon Callisto as though that was the destination of the flight or it was the location I was departing. I think it was the location I was departing because I also have some vague sense of the date 11/28/1976 and I think that detail represents that I was departing the Jupiter moon Callisto for my flight back to Earth. I do not remember any other detail after that in the dream.









posted by me, Kerry Burgess, December 27, 2017 1:22 am

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

5 days after the 22nd and my foot still hurts like a sonofabitch from being crumpled up on the floor. And still bruised. I thought I had broken it. Yesterday I noticed for the first time where my right elbow must have scraped the wall.









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2017/12/excursion-stargate.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess

MONDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2017

Excursion: Stargate

Kerry Burgess added 5 new photos.

Monday, December 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/quotes

IMDb

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Quotes

[Lecturing in class]

Indiana Jones: Archeology is the search for fact, not truth. If it's truth you're interested in, Dr. Tyree's Philosophy class is right down the hall. So forget any ideas you've got about lost cities, exotic travel, and digging up the world. We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and "X" never, ever marks the spot.









From 5/24/1989 ( premiere US film "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" ) To 12/25/2017 ( ) is 10442 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/5/1994 ( the Sioux City Flight 232 memorial dedication ) is 10442 days



From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 12/25/2017 ( ) is 10386 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/10/1994 ( Bill Clinton - Remarks on Bosnia and an Exchange With Reporters ) is 10386 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 12/25/2017 ( ) is 8406 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/7/1988 ( Ronald Reagan - Proclamation 5905—National Craniofacial Awareness Week, 1988 ) is 8406 days



From 7/13/1890 ( John Charles Frémont dead ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 38092 days

38092 = 19046 + 19046

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/2017 ( ) is 19046 days










DSC02616 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02619 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02632 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02656 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02667 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02668 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02665 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02672 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02674 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017


DSC02675 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017










flight-232 memorial plague .jpg, from internet


article-0-1F37B6D100000578-274_634x432 .jpg, from internet










indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade_01h49m28s









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/quotes

IMDb

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Quotes

Grail Knight: But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you.









via GIPHY



https://giphy.com/gifs/moodman-WUUt2ujWlssvUenOuf









https://www.amazon.com/Abaddons-Gate-Expanse-Book-3-ebook/dp/B00A2DZMYE

amazon prime

You purchased this item on June 6, 2021.

Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse Book 3) Kindle Edition

by James S. A. Corey (Author) Format: Kindle Edition

Book 3 of 9: The Expanse

Publication date June 4, 2013









From 2/24/1909 ( ) To 6/4/2013 ( "Abaddon's Gate" by James Corey, book 3 of "The Expanse" series of novels ) is 38086 days

38086 = 19043 + 19043

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/22/2017 ( ) is 19043 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 12/22/2017 ( ) is 8403 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/4/1988 ( premiere US film "They Live" ) is 8403 days









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6665336/quotes

IMDb

The Expanse (TV Series)

Intransigence (2018)

Quotes

Jim Holden: Miller didn't mention it.

Monica Stuart: Miller?

Jim Holden: I've been seeing him since the Ring turned on.

Monica Stuart: Joe Miller? The guy who died on Venus?

Jim Holden: Maybe he isn't exactly dead.

Amos Burton: Maybe he isn't exactly Miller.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_1909

February 1909

From Wikipedia

February 24, 1909

An international crisis began when the Kingdom of Serbia announced that it opposed Austria-Hungary's annexation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and that the area should be part of a Greater Serbia. The Austro-Hungarian Empire prepared to go to war with Serbia, which backed down at the end of March.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 5:36 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 02/17/2022