Friday, March 18, 2022

Today is Friday, 03/18/2022, Post #2





"Cibola Burn" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, Book 4

Chapter 13: Elvi

She had seen Holden on the newsfeeds and reports. At the beginning of the war between Mars and the Belt, he had been the most important man in the solar system, and the celebrity, while it had waxed and waned over the years, had never gone away. James Holden was an icon. For some, he was the symbol of the triumph of the single ship over governments and corporations. For others, he was an agent of chaos who started wars and threatened stability in the name of ideological purity. But whatever people thought he meant, there was no question that he was important. He was the man who'd saved Earth from the protomolecule. He was the man who brought down Mao-Kwikowski. Who'd made the first contact with the alien artifact and opened the gates that led to a thousand different worlds.









From 8/29/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) To 3/18/2022 ( Today, Friday ) is 5680 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/22/1981 ( premiere US film "Outland" ) is 5680 days



From 5/1/1940 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Clark Announces Winners of Camera Club Exhibition ) To 3/18/2022 ( ) is 29906 days

29906 = 14953 + 14953

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) is 14953 days



From 11/6/1912 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: Vashti Cromwell McCollum ) To 3/18/2022 ( ) is 39944 days

39944 = 19972 + 19972

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/8/2020 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrations ) is 19972 days









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: August 29, 2006

My doctor asked me why I wanted to return as Thomas Ray.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/quotes

IMDb

Outland (1981)

Quotes

Dr. Marian Lazarus: You know, if you're the kind of guy you're supposed to be, you wouldn't stick around. That's why they sent you here.

Marshal William T. O'Niel: Maybe they made a mistake.

Dr. Marian Lazarus: I was afraid you'd say something like that. You really think you're making a difference?

[O'Neil is silent]

Dr. Marian Lazarus: Then why, for god's sake?

Marshal William T. O'Niel: Because... maybe they *are* right. They send me here to this pile of shit because they think I belong here. I want to find out if... well, if they're right. There's a whole machine that works because everybody does what they're supposed to. And I found out... I was supposed to be something I didn't like. That's what's in the program. That's my rotten little part, in the rotten machine... I don't like it. So I'm... going to find out if they're right.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 10/11/2006 6:46 PM

Thinking back to some stuff I’ve written, it would seem to reinforce the possibility that I invented, or used, some form of faster-than-light propulsion. After I wrote about Saturn, I keep thinking that I have actually been as far as Alpha Centauri. It seems almost too improbable to be believable, even considering everything else I have written about.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vashti_McCollum

Vashti McCollum

From Wikipedia

Vashti Cromwell McCollum (November 6, 1912 – August 20, 2006) was the plaintiff in the landmark 1948 Supreme Court case McCollum v. Board of Education, which struck down religious education in public schools. The defendant in the case was the public school district of Champaign, Illinois; instructors chosen by three religious faiths [ superstitions ] had taught religion classes within the district's schools.










DSC02615 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess, 07/08/2020, Spokane


DSC02627 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/08/2020, Spokane


DSC02612 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/08/2020, Spokane


DSC02608 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/08/2020, Spokane










stellarium_06-22-2020_3 .jpg, from internet


stellarium_07-08-2020_1 .jpg, from internet



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 3:52 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 03/18/2022