Monday, March 28, 2022

Today is Monday, 03/28/2022, Post #3





https://www.crackle.com/watch/1517/2487695

Crackle

Odyssey 5

S1 E15: Vanishing Point

2004

Why it Crackles

A novel premise and whipsmart execution earned this sci-fi series a rabid fan base.

In this episode:

Taggart is led to believe that Paige's death was just a dream.

Series Description

When a space shuttle crew witnesses the end of the world from its view in the Earth's orbit, they travel back in time five years to try to prevent the planet's destruction from actually occurring.









Odyssey 5

"The Vanishing Point"

(from internet transcript)

Chuck Taggart: I think I'll just pack a bag, turn around, go up there and fish me some.

Neil Taggart: Is that really what you're gonna do for the next forty years? Fish for bass?

Chuck Taggart: Hell, no. Maybe I'll just drive down to Mexico and fish me up some marlin. Want to come along?

Neil Taggart: You know I can't.

Chuck Taggart: Suit yourself.

Neil Taggart: Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you? This isn't you. You're my father. You're my commander. We watched the destruction of the entire world, remember? And everyone on it. Mom was on it. Marc, everyone. It didn't break you then. So why now? Dad, Mom wouldn't want you to walk away like this. She'd want you to get through this and go on.

Chuck Taggart: Who in God's name are you to tell me what you think my wife would want? I mean, who in the hell are you to tell me what the woman I lived with for 25 years would think or say about me? I think the fact that you're all of 22 years old and you have to condescend to being 17 is throwing you into an arrogance that's just about intolerable and I, for one, am sick of it. So until you have to spend 25 years cleaning up the crap of living with someone day to day why don't you just keep your asinine, know-it-all, judgemental fucking opinions to yourself and let me get on with my life. Or what remains of it, anyway.

Neil Taggart: Is that what we all are, Dad? Your remains?

Chuck Taggart: Stop whining.










DSC06192 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/28/2022 1:18 PM local-time









Odyssey 5

"The Vanishing Point"

(from internet transcript)

Chuck Taggart: That's the goddamnedest, looniest thing I have ever heard of.










2022-03-28_3









From 6/13/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Veterans Affairs psychiatric-hospital in Seattle documents includes: Other Medications - Risperdal started 6/13/05 - at University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle and then transfered to USA VA hospital in Seattle on 06/16/2005 ) To 3/28/2022 ( Today, Monday ) is 6132 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/17/1982 ( debut of the compact-disc storage medium ) is 6132 days



From 11/3/1915 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: George Miller Sternberg dead ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 38862 days

38862 = 19431 + 19431

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/2019 ( premiere US TV series "The Passage" ) is 19431 days



From 12/23/1963 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Tourist Attraction" ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 5/28/1999 ( premiere US film "The Thirteenth Floor" ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 8340 days

8340 = 4170 + 4170

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/3/1977 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Jesus of Nazareth" ) is 4170 days



From 12/15/2017 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrations ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 1564 days

1564 = 782 + 782

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/24/1967 ( premiere US TV movie "Christ is Born" {perpetuating superstition among the gullible} ) is 782 days



From 5/25/1937 ( {from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my biological maternal genetic grandfather} Ronald Reagan was commissioned a second lieutenant in the Officers Reserve Corps of the cavalry of the United States Army ) To 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 20600 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 20600 days



From 9/26/1956 ( premiere US TV series episode "Disneyland"::"Searching for Nature's Mysteries" ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 23924 days

23924 = 11962 + 11962

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/3/1998 ( "Rainbow Six" by Tom Clancy ) is 11962 days



From 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 6464 days

6464 = 3232 + 3232

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/8/1974 ( Gerald Ford, 38th President of USA: Proclamation 4311 - Granting Pardon to Richard Nixon ) is 3232 days



From 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) To 3/28/2022 ( ) is 15591 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/10/2008 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) is 15591 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Miller_Sternberg

George Miller Sternberg

From Wikipedia

Brigadier General George Miller Sternberg (June 8, 1838 – November 3, 1915) was a U.S. Army physician who is considered the first U.S. bacteriologist, having written Manual of Bacteriology (1892).









The Passage

"Last Lesson" (final episode)

Lacey: Who are you?

Dr. Jonas Lear: I'm Dr. Jonas Lear.

Lacey: You the one responsible for this mess?

Dr. Jonas Lear: Yes.










DSC06208


DSC06201


DSC06204


DSC06207









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667851/

IMDb

The Outer Limits

Tourist Attraction

Episode aired Dec 23, 1963

S1 E13









Stargate Atlantis - "Rising" - television series premiere episode part 1 and 2 - Friday 16 July 2004 (DVD extended version)

Episode Summary

The discovery of an outpost, left behind by the Ancients in the most unlikely of places, leads a new Stargate team to the distant Pegasus galaxy. Once there, they discover a planet of humans being decimated by a terrible alien race know as the Wraith.

(from internet transcript)

(They walk deeper into the brick-lined cavern. Something small on the ground reflects in the light. Sheppard spots it and picks it up. It's a pendant on a chain.)

SHEPPARD: What's this?

(Teyla looks round and gasps in delight.)

TEYLA: I lost this years ago. How did you…?

SHEPPARD: It was just lying over there. It was reflecting off the light. (He fastens the pendant around her neck. As he takes his hands away Teyla puts her hand to the pendant, staring at him. He turns away and shines the light from his P-90 at drawings on the walls.) Someone's been busy, you know?

TEYLA: The drawings in the caves are extensive. Many must date back thousands of years -- or more.

(Sheppard makes his way around the walls, looking at the drawings. He points to one.)

SHEPPARD: Does this represent the destruction of your city?

TEYLA: This drawing far predates that.

SHEPPARD: So, what, someone knew it was going to happen?

TEYLA: I believe it happens again and again. The Wraith allow our kind to grow in numbers, and when that number reaches a certain point they return to cull their human herd. Sometimes a few hundred years will pass before they awaken again. We've visited many, many worlds -- I know of none untouched by the Wraith. The last great holocaust was five generations ago, but still they return, in smaller numbers, to remind us of their power.









Odyssey 5

TV-series premiere, season 1 episode 1 06/21/2002

Paige Taggart: What's the matter?

Chuck Taggart: I'm home.

Paige Taggart: Of course you're home. You had a nightmare?









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 07/10/08 7:18 AM

There was a lot of the dream I cannot remember now after just waking up. Some details I do remember is that I seemed to be running through some complext obstacle course and there was an element about it that was not an exercise. At another point, I looked down at the front of my shirt and I was wearing military ribbons. I noted two ribbons of the same color that were in the lowest order of precedence and the notion occurred to me that those ribbons were the Medal of Honor but then it was as though the narrator told me those were Congressional Space Medal of Honor ribbons. I must have been thinking or dreaming more about that because I was pondering in my sleep that I might have been awarded 2 because I was commander of Apollo 8 and Apollo 13, and I thought much about that notion. But just as I was writing that last sentence, I thought to myself that I was awarded 2 of them because I was commander of Apollo 13 and STS-1. I am not certain what my thoughts mean about Apollo 8 and of thinking during my sleep that Frank Borman was my stand-in for that mission. Maybe he was and I was commander of all three of those flights. I don't remember consciously.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 07/10/08 10:07 AM

I awoke startled earlier today from another dream that reminded me of this dream, in terms of feeling as though I was being tortured.

All I remember from the dream though was that my legs were trapped, or stuck, in something I was trying to crawl out of. I am not entirely certain what it was but it could have been part of that obstacle course, as I first described it, and I had forgotten about it until just now as I scanned across this note about the dream.

But I awoke with a terrible feeling from that dream. Not quite the sense of horror I had from the dream about how time had seemed to stop but this type of dream is close.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

I woke up about 2 a.m and felt compelled to immediately record this dream as best I could in my journal and I think I need to write about it here too:

God what a fucked up dream. Makes me think of being tortured. They put you into a machine and you have to wriggle your way out, centimeter by centimeter and it is beyond claustrophobic and they look for your worst fears and every day they have a new day to exploit your worst fears and this goddamned doesn't even come close - not even goddamned close - to describing how bad it is.

They don't torture you with primarily physical pain, such as beatings, etc. Physical torture is easy to resist. For a while at least. If you are good, you can resist it for a long time. Depends on how far they take it though. But the real bastards look to get in your head and really screw with you. And they have weeks and months and years to just screw with your head and screw with your head because they are lunatics and this doesn't come goddamned close to describing how bad it was.

That dream is something literal that happened to me. I have had several similar and recurring dreams like that. I can’t remember what it means because it was a horrible experience and I don’t want to remember. I think the dream represents a collection of experiences similar to what I think happened on the HMS Sheffield when it was hit by an anti-ship missile on 5/4/82. I think - based on my interpretations of symbolic “memories - that I was trapped in a compartment on the ship that was filling up with water. We escaped and then I went on to lead a team trying to put out the fire that would eventually claim the ship. The particular details I wrote above though could be about some kind of torture I endured as a POW years ago. I don’t know. It could also reflect something about how I escaped. I think I was crawling through the ceiling. I have dreams of being stuck in some highly claustrophobic surroundings and trying to break free.

I woke up this time thinking, partially visualizing, flying an F-14 Tomcat over the ocean somewhere. I can almost visualize another F-14 flying on my wing. Suddenly, the other F-14 exploded but I can't actually visualize that part. I think both people parachuted out of that aircraft. Apparently another missile hit my aircraft, shattered the canopy, and knocked me unconscious. Then I can almost see us traveling straight down towards the ocean surface and the Radar Intercept Officer in the seat behind me was yelling at me to wake up. I pulled up and engaged the two aircraft that fired at us. One was hit by my Sparrow but the other Sparrow missed. I went in and finished off the other one up close. I returned to the carrier and landed safely, and then passed out from a moderate concussion with blood running out from underneath my cracked helmet.

Or the RIO had been knocked out to from the explosion that tore off the canopy. What I was hearing was someone on the carrier yelling at me over the radio to pull up before I crashed into the ocean.









Odyssey 5

"The Vanishing Point"

(from internet transcript)

Try again?

Don't bother.

Mom.

It's not her. It's not her, Neil. It ain't her.

I hoped that if I took this form again it might be pleasing to you.

Pleasing is the last thing I'd call it.

You'll only frustrate yourselves if you keep trying to escape. You need to accept that you're here to stay.

Why in the hell would you want us here to stay in the first place?









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 07/10/08 8:47 AM

The dream actually did not seem to be of me on an obstacle course but I was running through a lot of obstacles. For example, I was climbing through the structure of a building; along the rafters and so so, as I was climbing down through the building.

07/10/08 8:50 AM

That didn't seem to be the roof or attic of the building though and I am not certain where I was but I could visualize climbing along beams and so on as I tried to work my way down to where ever I was going. After that, I saw myself jumping off some high cliff or something and landing in the sand along a beach with a lot of vegatation and trees. The hill or cliff was I guess about 10 feet high. I think it was after that I was looking at the ribbons on my military uniform shirt.









Odyssey 5

"The Vanishing Point"

(from internet transcript)

Friends and colleagues, only a Luddite would deny that machines are more efficient than people. A car moves much quicker than the fastest person can run. A bulldozer moves more earth than the strongest man could ever lift. A computer thinks a million times faster than the smartest human being. So why shouldn't we prefer to be at least part machine? This is the essence of transhumanism. The conviction that technology can help us, as a race transcend the biological limitations of the human body.

So you remember Ernie Nicholson?

Yes.

A very bright man.

Engineer, I believe.

He was trying to work out the practical applications of transhumanism when he was killed.

Was he working with someone?

No. Just on his own, I think.

So these improvements to the body that you talk about you mean, bionic limbs and organs?

Or nanotechnology.

Well, human beings are constantly upgrading themselves.

We develop drugs to give us immunity from disease surgeries and implants to correct vision, hearing.

And now genetic engineering.

Evolution has moved out of nature's hands into ours whether people want to admit it or not.

Can you think of any of these upgrades that might have harmful by-products like, say, brain embolisms?

Downloading.

What?

Downloading the human consciousness itself into the computer medium.

One theory posits the process of scanning the information of a person's brain would cause irreversible damage to the brain itself.

Is this even remotely possible?

Dr Peter Egan was the last one that came close to achieving it.

Do you know where we can find him?









"Cibola Burn" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, Book 4

Chapter 23: Holden

Miller stopped walking and grabbed Holden's upper arm. Again he was surprised at how real it felt. Miller's hand felt like iron gripping him. Holden tried to pull away and couldn't. And all of it just the ghost pushing his buttons in his brain.

"Wasn't kidding. We need to talk."









"Cibola Burn" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, Book 4

Chapter 23: Holden

Look, I've got a pretty good map of the global network. Lots of leftover stuff coming up, checking in. Except one spot. Like a big ball of nothing."

Holden shrugged. "Maybe it's just a place where there are no nodes on the network."

"Kid this whole planet is a node on the network. There shouldn't be anyplace that's off-limits to me."

"So what does it mean?"

"Maybe it's just a spot that's really really broken," Miller said. "That'd be interesting but useless."

And the useful thing?"

"It's a leftover bit of whatever killed this place."










DSC02346 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/15/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park


DSC02347 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/15/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park


DSC02348 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/15/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess, JUNE 03, 2018

Beyond Skyline (2017)

The whole point was to not check the numbers until I got back.

A few hours later I discovered that astronaut statue.










DSC02337 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/15/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park


DSC02340 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/15/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/remarks-opening-expo-74-spokane-washington

The American Presidency Project

RICHARD NIXON

37th President of the United States: 1969 ‐ 1974

Remarks Opening Expo '74, Spokane, Washington.

May 04, 1974

Because, as we look at where the great ideas, the great breakthroughs come which deal with the scourges which have afflicted mankind from the beginning of civilization, we find that no one can predict that it will come from one nation or from one continent or from one race, because that spark of genius might be in the Americas, it might be in Asia, it might be in Latin America, it might be in Africa. What we have to realize is that among the 3 billion people that live on this Earth, there are those men and women who have within themselves that genius that will find new answers










DSC02669 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park


DSC02673 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/25/2017, Spokane - Riverfront Park



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 11:09 PM Pacific-time USA Monday 03/28/2022