Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Today is Tuesday, 03/15/2022





The thought formed in my conscious mind about a day ago to search through my photo-archive for an image I captured.

The notion seems to have been caused by a scene from "The Expanse" that I watched in recent weeks.

Finding the images, the calendar-date is always a puzzle I want to work out

After a few minutes of work, the results created a theory in my mind

The theory being that it is a 'conspiracy' - constructive, perhaps, perhaps at its core - and not 'synchronization'

What's confusing is that the 06/27/2018 tv-series episode has key keywords that I cannot find searching the 06/04/2013 original book

So, that got me thinking that people out there lurking in the shadows saw me post those images and they - also capable of constructing computer-code to solve this original code of mine - saw the same pattern I am now seeing, today, almost 8 years later

So, I wondered, that's interesting. Interesting triviality.

Interesting because that's probably the first time I posted that type of image. My images are typically composed of scenery of the natural environment. I don't care about images featuring wildlife, or people, for that matter. I like images of trees and mountains and snow and the sky

Then, more work on it, and I see that I've already worked on this calendar-date. Very recently. Almost 8 years later after I captured those images.

Two occurrences.

One, an occurrence I had nothing to do with. But that is familiar to me personally. And that I made a blog-post about recently.

What the other people - out there lurking in the shadows - may have found interesting is that I chose that specific day to capture those images.

For me, sitting here today, this is sort of an annoyance. And if they do it again, then hopefully they are creative enough to find a solution.

The annoyance is that I am troubled by the possibility that the original book *is* consistent with those key keywords, but for some reason, my search in the Kindle edition is not returning those words. I *feel* some certainty that the words are not in the original book, but still, the uncertainty lingers. And that causes me to work more trying to find it.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 2:30 AM Sunday, August 07, 2011

The time traveler effect would seem to be distinct from what I call the couter-paradox effect but I have been think these past hour or two about how I have sometimes made references that suggest the two notions are the same. Or I think I have made them synonymous in my writings.

The reality of that notion in my mind is that what I call the 'time traveler effect' is what happens around me because there are people who are possession of information I give to them as a result of me being a time traveler. I give them information from the future when I time travel back to the past.

The counter-paradox effect, as I call it, is what happens to me to ensure that I generate information that is consistent with the information I deliver to the past when I time travel to the past. What that means is that I must make certain observations because if I do not make those observations then how can that information exist as information that was transferred by me the time traveler to the past? I wrote about that recently with my observations about destiny.

So what I think about a great deal over these past weeks and months and years is about the people who possess the information that I transfer from their future to my past when I time travel. They cannot be affected by what I call the counter-paradox effect because they are aware of what is going to happen, according my time travel communication. The same cannot be said about me when I make observations that are the result of their actions that are the result of information I provide to them as a time traveler. As I write, I do not describe the details of certain observations I make. That means those recipients of my time traveler communications have a wide latitude in what ever actions they take that are consistent with their personal mission goals, which is part of the support structure for me the time traveler.

So to summarize a point I have been thinking about for a while the difference of the 'time traveler effect' and what I call the counter-paradox effect seems to be relative to the state of the information that is involved. A time traveler effect occurs because I transfer information to different time periods because I am a time traveler. This summary is not comprehensive of certain scenarios I have thought of before or it does account for those scenarios; I can't really think it through very well right now. The effect that I call a counter-paradox is what happens to me because I have not yet traveled through time. I think that is completely thought through at this point. I am not yet a time traveler. But I do become a time traveler. The counter-paradox effect is what, as it most basic level of explanation, is what ensures I become a time traveler. Since I become a time traveler then reality must be consistent with the information I transfer from the future to the past.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 9:22 PM Wednesday, March 28, 2012

See, the counter-paradox affects my thoughts because I write about stuff that really happened.

So I have to have the thought first before it can create something relevant for me to watch.

But so much stuff happens in my thoughts that I don't write about. So much stuff goes on around me that I don't write about.










DSC03180


DSC03181


DSC03182









Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse, Book 3, by James Corey, Kindle Edition)

Chapter 30: Holden

Visons no one else could see. Vast secrets revealed only to him.

Except it had all been a mistake.

He'd thought he was important. That he was special and chosen, and that what had happened to him and his crew had been dictated by a vast and mysterious power. He'd misunderstood everything. Doors and corners, Miller had said, and because he hadn't puzzled out what the dead man meant by it, they'd all come through the Ring. And to the station. His relief and his growing self-disgust mingled with every phrase. He'd been a fool dancing at the edge of the cliff, because he'd been sure that he couldn't fall. Not him.

"And then I was here, talking to you," he said dryly. "I don't know what happens next."

"All right," she said. Her expression gave away nothing.

"You'll want a full medical workup to see if there's anything organically wrong with my brain," Holden said.

"Probably," the captain said. "My medical staff has its hands full at the moment. You will be kept in administrative detention for the time being."

"I understand," Holden said. "But I need to get in contact with my crew. You can monitor the connection. I don't care. I just need to know they're okay."

The angle of the captain's mouth asked why he thought they were.

"I'll try to get a report to you," she said. "Everyone's scrambling right now, and the situation could get worse quickly."

"Is it bad, then?"

"It is."









The Expanse

"Abaddon's Gate"

TV-series season 3 episode 13 (season-3 finale)

(from internet transcript)

[ Ashford and Holden discuss what Holden learned during Holden's excursion to the alien-station: ]

Why would your dead friend show you this?

We've had it all wrong about the protomolecule. It's not a weapon. It wasn't sent to kill us. It was just trying to build a road.

Where every single person on Eros died for that road.

It doesn't care about us anymore than we care about anthills we pave over. And now that it's finished building the Ring. It's trying to report in.

Re report what? To to whom?

It doesn't matter. Everyone it could talk to is gone.

I don't understand.

Something killed them. It tried to stop it. Burned whole solar systems like they were cauterizing a wound. Only it didn't work. We are in a graveyard. We need to get out of this place and never come back.

That man is seeing ghosts. He's insane.









From 6/4/2013 ( "Abaddon's Gate" by James Corey, book 3 of "The Expanse" series of novels ) To 6/5/2014 ( ) is 366 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/3/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Dagger of the Mind" ) is 366 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" & the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 3/20/2009 ( premiere US film "Knowing" & premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::series finale episode "Daybreak" ) is 17747 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/5/2014 ( ) is 17747 days









Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse, Book 3, by James Corey, Kindle Edition)

Chapter 52: Holden

"So," Holden said after a few minutes of quiet sky watching. "Thanks for the visit. I guess I'd better be getting back to my gunfight."

"Not done with you," Miller said. The tone was light, but the words were ominous.

"Okay."

"I wasn't built to fix shit humanity broke," Miller said. "I didn't come here to open gates for you and get the lockdown to let you go. That's incidental. The thing that made me just builds roads. And now it's using me to find out what happened to the galaxy-spanning civilization that wanted the road."









"Dagger Of The Mind" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 3, 1966

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: This room. What happens there?

GELDER: (screams)

[Treatment room]

ADAMS: A neural neutraliser. Experimental. Actually, we don't expect to get much use out of it at all. That beam from above neutralises brain waves, relaxes the patient's mind. Does them no harm, of course, and the effects are only temporary.

KIRK: One question, Doctor. If it doesn't do any good

ADAMS: Why do we go on using it, hmm, Captain? Hope. Yes, yes, there's always that slight chance that it might do some good in the more violent cases.

NOEL: Tranquillisers are fine, Captain, but to continually pump chemicals into a person's bloodstream

ADAMS: Exactly my point, Helen. Yes. Shall we? (he and Noel leave)

KIRK: (to therapist) How does it work?

THERAPIST: Quite simple. Off on switches, and the large control here changes the strength of the brain neutralising beam.

ADAMS: Captain, you remind me of the ancient sceptic who demanded of the wise old sage to be taught all the world's wisdom while standing on one foot.

NOEL: Beam neutralising has been experimented with on Earth, Captain. I'm not acquainted with this particular style of equipment, but I can assure you that Doctor Adams has not created a chamber of horrors here.

KIRK: I didn't mean to suggest that he had. The reason I asked, sir, was you haven't mentioned where Doctor Van Gelder's injury occurred.

ADAMS: Right here, Captain. Yes, Simon was a very stubborn man. He could've sat in that room for years with the beam at that volume or even higher. Or if he simply had someone standing by to snap it off in case he got into trouble, but, but no. He tried it alone and on full volume. It's a pity.

KIRK: (to therapist) Thank you. (leaves)

THERAPIST: (to man in treatment chair) You will forget all you have heard. To remember any portion of it, any word, will cause you pain, terrible pain, growing more terrible as you fight to remember.









The Time Machine, by H. G. Wells [1898]

Chapter 7

(from internet transcript)

The Time Traveller paused, put his hand into his pocket, and silently placed two withered flowers, not unlike very large white mallows, upon the little table. Then he resumed his narrative.

'As the hush of evening crept over the world and we proceeded over the hill crest towards Wimbledon, Weena grew tired and wanted to return to the house of grey stone. But I pointed out the distant pinnacles of the Palace of Green Porcelain to her, and contrived to make her understand that we were seeking a refuge there from her Fear. You know that great pause that comes upon things before the dusk? Even the breeze stops in the trees. To me there is always an air of expectation about that evening stillness. The sky was clear, remote, and empty save for a few horizontal bars far down in the sunset. Well, that night the expectation took the colour of my fears. In that darkling calm my senses seemed preternaturally sharpened. I fancied I could even feel the hollowness of the ground beneath my feet: could, indeed, almost see through it the Morlocks on their ant-hill going hither and thither and waiting for the dark. In my excitement I fancied that they would receive my invasion of their burrows as a declaration of war. And why had they taken my Time Machine?

'So we went on in the quiet, and the twilight deepened into night. The clear blue of the distance faded, and one star after another came out. The ground grew dim and the trees black. Weena's fears and her fatigue grew upon her. I took her in my arms and talked to her and caressed her. Then, as the darkness grew deeper, she put her arms round my neck, and, closing her eyes, tightly pressed her face against my shoulder. So we went down a long slope into a valley, and there in the dimness I almost walked into a little river. This I waded, and went up the opposite side of the valley, past a number of sleeping houses, and by a statue—a Faun, or some such figure, minus the head. Here too were acacias. So far I had seen nothing of the Morlocks, but it was yet early in the night, and the darker hours before the old moon rose were still to come.










knowing_01h19m16s



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 10:34 AM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 03/15/2022