Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Today is Tuesday, 03/29/2022, Post #1





What this makes me think about again is the storyline so far that I'm reading (slowly) in James Corey's "Cibola Burn"

EVERYTHING that I read and watch just becomes more work for me here day to day at this same stupid desk, a set of fantastic circumstances that none of you monkeys infesting this planet Earth can ever relate to.

"In Cibola Burn" a small group of humans, non-Earther's, part of a class of people exploited for centuries by corporate interests on the distant planet Earth, have made a break for it

With the Ring System (a.k.a. Stargate) active, they risk all to challenge the military forces of the established governments of Earth and Mars and head for the new frontier, a planet somewhere distant in the galaxy that can now be accessed in mere moments of space-travel

They strike it rich there and plan to return with their mined lithium ore and sell it and become wealthy, probably to become tyrants themselves to their domestic-workers

In the meantime though, United Nations - the ruling government of the entire Earth - has decided that "might makes right" and is declaring the planet as their own and those first people there, that group of people from the class known as Belters, are merely squatters and the valuable ore the Belters group has already mined is actually the property of the corporation sent there by UN charter

UN Earth and Mars conspired to block any possible sales of the ore the Belters mined and thus will never profit from

I find this especially intriquing and while a political-science major could easily relate, I think more than 99% of USA people could never grasp the notion on their own

The government establishes and regulates the markets

Those Belters are free - or *were* free - to discover and take anything valuable from their discovery but the governments decide who is free or not to utilize the markets

I think about this in the context of the fantastic discoveries I can only guess that I am predicted to encounter in the future

Only thing that makes sense.

*You* cannot understand my point because *you* cannot truly grasp the fantastic.

I don't know who - if anyone reads my posts here - as someone who spends more than 23 hours per day in this same tiny apartment, I think this is mostly just me talking out loud to myself.









https://twitter.com/MorganTrau/status/1508627225708359681

Twitter

Morgan Trau

@MorganTrau

Award-winning & losing #Ohio Statehouse reporter for @WEWS • Cle native • @newhouseSU alum • Morgan.Trau@wews.com • DM, email or Signal tips • She/her

Raw back and forth between me/other Journos to Mark Pukita about fact checking:

P: Fact checking is nonsense.

Me: What is a fact check to you?

P: Actual sources of data...

Me: What about the FBI?

P: The FBI needs to go... We need to take a flamethrower to the FBI.

7:08 PM Mar 28, 2022



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 11:45 AM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 03/29/2022