Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Fat Lady is getting tired of singing

That is why Microsoft put certain people around me at Microsoft. There is that popular expression about how it is not over “until the fat lady sings.” The basis for that expression, I believe, is from opera. From what I’ve read, the name of the 6/7/81 strike on the uncompleted nuclear reactor in Iraq was Operation Opera.

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings is a proverb, essentially meaning that one shouldn't assume the outcome of some activity (frequently a sports game) until it has actually finished.

It is a common expression in the theatre of North American sports. Attributed to writer/broadcaster Dan Cook, his original line was "The opera ain't over until the fat lady sings."[1] This occurred in April 1978, when he coined the phrase after the first basketball game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Washington Bullets (WWizards) during the 1977-78 National Basketball Association playoffs, to illustrate that while the Spurs had won once, the series was not over yet. This refers to the impression that at the end of every opera an aria is sung by a woman dressed like a valkyrie.

As a possible alternate origin for the term, there exists an old saying in the Southern United States stating that "Church ain't over until the fat lady sings." This form of the line was apparently well known in the South for years, appearing in a booklet in 1976 entitled Southern Words and Sayings.[2]

This saying is also common in Australia, often used in conjunction with games in the National Rugby League or Australian Football League. It usually means that the games not over and either team could still win until "The Fat Lady Sings." This literally refers to the final hooter at the end of the match.


I was researching a possible clue in my “memory” and I started looking at the Order of British Empire honors. I had a girlfriend with the nickname “JeBo,” where that nickname started when she saw how I had her phone number stored in the memory of my wristwatch. I noticed today that the last three letters are the initials, backwards, for Order of British Empire, or OBE. So to make a long story short, I arrived at the possibility it is some kind of reference to Knight Grand Cross of Order of British Empire, which is the 1st of 5 levels. That could explain why Vince Maraia used that image of the Knight in shining armor on his book, which includes other identifying information about me in its ISBN.

After thinking about all this for a while, I started thinking about that basketball player, Kobe Bryant, who was all over the media a while back and I noticed something: K.O.B.E. His first name forms the phrase “Knight, Order British Empire.” That first level I mentioned earlier was Knight Grand Cross of Order of British Empire.

Then I noticed something else that connects to details about my space program experiences. I wrote about it extensively in my private journal, which is being stolen from my computer, and the details I discovered are unequivocal as to a conspiracy to steal my intellectual property. I don’t know who is prolonging this goddamned environment forcing me to reveal all these details, but you are just as guilty as Microsoft/Corbis and their accomplices.