Sunday, February 25, 2007

When the music’s over

I have been thinking that along with the band Pink Floyd, I was part of The Doors. I believe that is why the person I “remember” as my father was buried in Morrison Cemetery in Noble County, Oklahoma. And as my symbolic “memories” suggest, my father actually represents my real life in a lot of ways. I have also been thinking of symbolic “memories” that prominently feature doors. I wrote several years ago in my journal as I was frustrated about something whether I was trying to kick down the door to a room with no walls.

The first album from The Doors released on 1/4/67, which was 59 days before my 8th birthday. I think the lyrics of “Light My Fire” actually reflect my endeavors at learning to fly a jet aircraft. The lyrics from “Break On Through (To The Other Side)” could represent something about breaking the so-called sound barrier.


Oliver Stone’s movie “The Doors” released on Friday, 3/1/91, according to the article, but I haven‘t been able to verify that date. The following Sunday was 3/3/91 and my 32nd birthday. A few months later, in July 1991, was the 20th anniversary of when Morrison supposedly died.

The Doors is a 1991 film about Jim Morrison and The Doors. It was directed by Oliver Stone, and stars Val Kilmer as Morrison


Another clue I have been puzzling over today is the connection of Jim Morrison life and death to the flight of Apollo 17, the last Apollo mission to land on the Earth’s moon.

The total Apollo 17 lunar surface time was 75 hours. 75 divided by two equals 37.5. The lunar module landed on the surface on 12/11/72 at about 8 pm. UT. 24 hours later was 12/12/72 8 pm. 13 hours later was 12/13/72 9 am. Jim Morrison was alive for 10070 days. Divided by two that is 5035. The number of days from 3/3/59 to 12/13/72 was 5035. That means at the mid-point of the time Apollo 17 was on the lunar surface of that last journey to the Earth’s moon, I was precisely half the age of Jim Morrison when he died. That is the essence of the "April 16" theory I have been writing about.

I created that theory when I noticed that the first episode of "Star Trek: Enterpise" was located in Broken Bow, OK, and on an April 16 in the episode. I recognized the April 16 from my "memories" in the Navy and it was the middle day in events during 1988. The town of Broken Bow, OK was also familar. It is the town located precisely at the mid-point of the route between Antlers, OK, and Ashdown, AR. I "remember" that I was born in Antlers and that I graduated high school in Ashdown. From there, I went into the Navy.