Tuesday, May 03, 2016

STS-82




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/quotes

IMDb


WarGames (1983)

Quotes


Jennifer: What is it doing?

David Lightman: It's learning.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:35 PM

To: Nancy Pelosi

Subject: Fw: Sleep journal 5/13/06

I wasn't writing very much as this point about my new thoughts, although I did start writing a lot in my journal about it around this time. I think back and I was primarily puzzling over my memories of the places I "remembered" that I used to live. I think it was actually Wexford Drive that got me thinking that my memories were completely false. I started searching on the internet for something about Wexford and I found something right away and even before I began reading about John Barry, I knew that the detail about Wexford was going to have some profound meaning to me. I also think there is some part of my true identity that is very bored and has been locked into a room with only a small window to try to yell through. The people who locked me in there are at least now standing outside the door and listening to me as best they can but I don't understand why they won't let me out. Or I do understand. But I don't understand why they aren't working harder to complete whatever is their assignment that will allow me to finish my assignment. Or something like that. I have to wait. But why should I have to wait? Why is it that I have to sacrifice so much in terms of losing all these years away from the people I care about? Why is this all so backwards? I am the crime victim. I am the target of the identity thieves. Why can I not even go home? Why am I again a Prisoner of War as a member of the United States Navy and on an official United States federal undercover assignment? Why is this all so backwards?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 August 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]










From 10/31/1956 To 2/14/1997 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut I begin repairing the US Hubble Telescope while in space and orbit of the planet Earth - extravehicular activity #1 ends ) is 14716 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/16/2006 is 14716 days











































https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5e/2b/07/5e2b07008cf5c30f084ded40fdc42790.jpg





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_(United_States)#/media/File:US-O4_insignia.svg


Major (United States)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the United States Army, Marine Corps, and Air Force, major is a field grade military officer rank above the rank of captain and below the rank of lieutenant colonel.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049130/releaseinfo

IMDb


Death of a Scoundrel (1956)

Release Info

USA 31 October 1956










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049130/taglines

IMDb


Death of a Scoundrel (1956)

Taglines

Men, Women... he used them, ruined them on his fantastic march to self-destruction










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049130/quotes

IMDb


Death of a Scoundrel (1956)

Quotes


Clementi Sabourin: I always say, if you're going to steal at all, steal in a way that will be admired.










[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/03/gravity-2013.html ]


http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/sts-82/sts-82-day-04-highlights.html

STS-82 Day 4 Highlights

Back to STS-82 Flight Day 03 Highlights:

On Friday, February 14, 1997, 6:00 a.m. CST, STS-82 MCC Status Report # 7 reports:

Astronauts Mark Lee and Steve Smith worked throughout the night in the cargo bay of the Shuttle Discovery, conducting a spacewalk lasting six hours and 42 minutes to upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope, which now contains new science instruments for an expanded view of the universe.

The first spacewalk of the second servicing mission of the Telescope began at 10:34 p.m. Central time Thursday night when Lee and Smith switched their spacesuits over to battery power. The spacewalk was slightly delayed to enable ground controllers to assess the unexpected movement of one of Hubble's solar arrays, which slewed from a horizontal to a vertical position as Discovery's airlock was depressurized. The motion was created by an apparent gust of air from the airlock, but caused no damage to the array which was repositioned horizontally.

Once outside, Lee and Smith went right to work, opening the aft shroud doors on Hubble to remove the Goddard High Resolution Spectrograph and the Faint Object Spectrograph. The telephone-booth sized instruments slid out of their compartments and were replaced by two brand new instruments, the Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph and the Near Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrometer. STIS was installed in Hubble shortly before 1 a.m. Central time, followed almost two hours later by the NICMOS. Payload controllers send commands to check the health of the two instruments, which were declared alive and well and ready for calibration over the next several weeks. The aft shroud doors were finally closed as Lee and Smith stowed the old science gear in protective containers for the trip back to Earth. With their work successfully completed, Lee and Smith returned to Discovery's airlock at 5:17 this morning























http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/153015main_image_feature_619_ys_full.jpg



















https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/82738054.jpg



















http://www.astrolab.be/educatief/fotos/NASA/Space%20Shuttle/STS-82%202nd%20Hubble%20Repair/NASA%20-%20STS-82%20-%20Astronauts%20Lee%20and%20Smith%20repair%20the%20Hubble%20Telescope%20(19970216%20-%20s82e5572).jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049973/releaseinfo

IMDb


You Can't Run Away from It (1956)

Release Info

USA 31 October 1956










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:56 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: gulag

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gulag

gulag

A place or situation of great suffering and hardship, likened to the atmosphere in a prison system or a forced labor camp

[Living for years under the constant surveillance of unknown tormentors, Kerry was exhausted from trying to escape his apparent captivity.]


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:03 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Sleep journal 2/16/06

I dreamt a lot lately, but end up not remembering very much. The only dream segment I remember has a navy uniform theme to it. I just remember something about wearing the uniform and something about wearing the E-9 insignia. In the latest one, I remember something about an officer informing me that the recommended me for a high-profile military academy. But since I am too old now to attend someplace like Annapolis, the scenario may have occurred in the past, especially because sometimes I see things that suggest several officer paygrade, with LCDR the highest rank I have seen myself associated with.

I'm not when this started, or whether I saw it in a dream, but I've had these ideas about something Microsoft is up to. Recently I wrote that Microsoft is 'possibly' the culprit in all this, but then I realized that it is highly likely they are responsible, they just have thousands of lawyers sitting around thinking up ways to obstruct justice so this thing never gets resolved. I started thinking that the government was trying to resolve, but Microsoft hoisted their Jolly Roger flag and sailed into the fog after making me walk the plank. I am thinking now something about Microsoft, maybe even Bill Gates personally, threatening to move Microsoft out of the country for some reason, I guess if the government forces them to stop obstructing justice. The impact would mean all those people on campus would lose their jobs and then that would have a ripple impact. If Microsoft is really making a threat like that, I think it is highly deplorable to use those people as human shields. It sounds like something someone from the Khaddafi School of Business Leadership would do.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:07 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: What now?

This will never end. Even if someone steps up and gives me the information I need, this will never end. It does not matter if they restore my private life. As long as people perceive me to be under the spotlight, I can never have a normal life. Even worse, if they throw me into another environment where illegal activity is occuring, I am at more risk than normal. And if I am around some serious criminal activity, even if I don't know about it, I will probably end up getting killed, in some coincidental-looking manner, e.g. a carjacking on the way to work, or a car hits me while I am riding my bike. I already have seen some coincidental-sounding clues to make suspect that something like that is possible, probable. And that puts other people around me at risk. And all these people out there know that and will find any reason to keep me away. They want to keep me away either because they want to cover up their criminal activities or they want to avoid being caught in the cross-fire of me and the criminals.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:45 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: significant problems


Kerry Burgess wrote:
[Here is something I just read, a Wisconsin ruling that was key in a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that seems relevant to this issue:]


http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=400&invol=433


The only issue present here is whether the label or characterization given a person by "posting," though a mark of serious illness to some, is to others such a stigma or badge of disgrace that procedural due process requires notice and an opportunity to be heard. We agree with the District Court that the private interest is such that those requirements of procedural due process must be met.

It is significant that most of the provisions of the Bill of Rights are procedural, for it is procedure that marks much of the difference between rule by law and rule by fiat.

We reviewed in Cafeteria Workers v. McElroy, 367 U.S. 886, 895 , the nature of the various "private interest[s]" that have fallen on one side or the other of the line. See also Sniadach v. Family Finance Corp., 395 U.S. 337, 339 -342. Generalizations are hazardous as some state and federal administrative procedures are summary [400 U.S. 433, 437] by reason of necessity or history. Yet certainly where the State attaches "a badge of infamy" to the citizen, due process comes into play. Wieman v. Updegraff, 344 U.S. 183, 191 . "[T]he right to be heard before being condemned to suffer grievous loss of any kind, even though it may not involve the stigma and hardships of a criminal conviction, is a principle basic to our society." Anti-Fascist Committee v. McGrath, 341 U.S. 123, 168 (Frankfurter, J., concurring).

Where a person's good name, reputation, honor, or integrity is at stake because of what the government is doing to him, notice and an opportunity to be heard are essential. "Posting" under the Wisconsin Act may to some be merely the mark of illness, to others it is a stigma, an official branding of a person. The label is a degrading one. Under the Wisconsin Act, a resident of Hartford is given no process at all. This appellee was not afforded a chance to defend herself. She may have been the victim of an official's caprice. Only when the whole proceedings leading to the pinning of an unsavory label on a person are aired can oppressive results be prevented.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/ontheborder.html

AZ

EAGLES

"On The Border"

Cruisin' down the center of a two way street
Wond'rin' who is really in the driver's seat
Mindin' my bus'ness along comes big brother
Says, "Son, you better get on one side or the other."

I'm out on the border, I'm walkin' the line
Don't you tell me 'bout your law and order
I'm try'n' to change this water to wine.

After a hard day, I'm safe at home
Foolin' with my baby on the telephone
Out of nowhere somebody cuts in and
Says, "Hmm, you in some trouble boy, we know where you're been."

I'm out on the border
I thought this was a private line
Don't you tell me 'bout your law and order
I'm try'n' to change this water to wine

Never mind your name, just give us your number, mm
Never mind your face, just show us your card, mm
And we wanna know whose wing are you under
You better step to the right or we can make it hard

I'm stuck on the border
All I wanted was some peace of mind
Don't you tell me 'bout your law and order
I'm try'n' to change this water to wine

On the border
On the border
On the border
On the border
On the border
Leave me be , I'm just walkin' this line
On the border
On the border
All I wanted was some peace of mind, peace of mind
I'm out on the border
On the border
Can't you see I'm tryin to change this water to wine
Don't you tell me 'bout your law and order
Sick and tired of all your law and order
Sick and tired of it



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:24 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 03 May 2016