Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Battleship (2012)




Rhianna. How lame can they get.

She's obviously supposed to be our Beyonce.

Whoever 'Us' is.

Only the second time I have watched this production. I noted it here in my blog a few years ago but I don't recall when precisely without going back and searching for it in my massive blog archive file. I largely thought it stupid. Seems kind of funnier this second time through paused now just before the first half-hour point. Haven't really thought about it much after watching it the first time. Really good film for modern at sea US Navy though. I can sense what I presume is amateurish propaganda. With so much production activity who really knows what the final outcome will be.

How many realistic US Navy films have there been since the year 1990?

I have this vague notion in my mind of almost some kind of half-remembered memory of the US Navy vowing to never again work with the so-called Hollywood movie industry. I have noted here before that the Paramount Pictures "The Hunt for Red October" premiered in theaters, according to imdb.com, on the say day that I was walking through the Charleston South Carolina airport on 02 March 1990 after flying by military flight from France back to the United States.

So how many US Navy sponsored films have there been since the year 1990? Well, as I was writing these lines I thought to myself about the 2005 film "Stealth". That's one. Sponsored? I don't know. They have favorable treatment of it on the official US Navy website, as I tracked on my blog all those years ago. If there are others then I will probably think of them later. And I am too damned distracted right now by the snowfall outside my window.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=stripes

Springfield! Springfield!


Stripes (1981)


- I'm gonna fold.
- Uh-huh. Okay.
Well, I'm still in.
Cruise, how about you?
Maybe I should fold.
Well, let me see.
Let me see first.
No, not with a hand like that.
Come on.
Dare me. Go on, bluff me.
Come on.
How much should I bet?
If it were me,
I'd bet everything.
But that's me.
I'm an aggressive gambler. Mr. Vegas.
Come on. Go for it.
Yes, yes, there we go.
I'm in.
- What do you got?
- I got a full house.
Three threes and two sixes,
that's a full house. What have you got?
- I got a four, I got an ace.
- You got an eight, an ace and a seven.
Well, you lose. lf you would have had
four fours, you would have won.
- You're getting good.
- Starting to get the hang of it.
Isn't this fun? You're pretty good
for a first time, really.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=battleship

Battleship (2012)


He hates the man!
- Well that seems a bit juvenile, wouldn't you say?
You go mess with him and see what happens!
Why?
Would it be funny if i punched
you in the face? Would that be funny?
- Stop it!
- Chicken!
- Kentucky Fried Chicken!
- Yeap. I love it. Two piece...
- You look like Colonel Sanders actually.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=stealth

Springfield! Springfield!


Stealth (2005)


...transmitting secure information to a foreign government, heat signatures... ...giving false intel to your commanding officer... ...and authorizing the assassination of one of your own pilots.

Well, that's a lot to prove.

Yeah, well... ...with any amount of luck... ...Lieutenant Gannon will live to help me. Master-at-arms.

Dick. Hold on. Would you mind just giving me a couple minutes alone?

Yeah, sure.

Thank you.

I'm not available at this time. Leave a message.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:43 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 20 December 2016