Thursday, February 02, 2017

Arlington




On a closed Facebook group someone recently posed the question about the worst movie they showed while underway at sea.

This is one now I remember, the only time I would watch it is because I don't feel like loading another "Stargate SG-1" DVD into my cranky DVD player.

How I hated this movie.

Watching it now again, already in progress, for the first time in probably almost 30 years I am thinking again there is an Australian angle that has something to do with Joseph Wayne Burgess.










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000195820000&s=201702020000&sid=16575&sn=FLIXP&st=201702012340&cn=586

excite tv


F/X (1986)

586 FLIXP: Wednesday, February 1 11:40 PM [ 11:40 PM Wednesday 01 February 2017 Pacific Time USA ]

1986, R, ***, 01:48, Color, English, United States,

Federal agents hire a special-effects man (Bryan Brown) to stage the fake assassination of a mob witness.

Cast: Bryan Brown, Brian Dennehy, Diane Venora, Cliff De Young, Mason Adams, Jerry Orbach, Joe Grifasi, Martha Gehman Director(s): Robert Mandel Producer(s): Dodi Fayed, Jack Wiener Executive Producer(s): Michael Peyser










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=fx

Springfield! Springfield!


F/X (1986)


- I've figured it out.
- What do you mean?
It's simple. You go
directly to the newspapers.
- Come on.
- I mean it.
Do a Woodward and Bernstein.
Blow the whistle on these bastards.
What makes you think they'd believe me?
I believe you.
Stop being so paranoid.
It's such a gorgeous day.
You're such a gorgeous girl.
The sun is shining, the birds
are singing, flowers growing.
Come on. Get dressed and let's go do it.
Get up.
Someone will believe us.
Yeah, I guess they will.










From 9/2/1965 ( the first day of my biological brother Thomas Reagan as a university student and graduate student instructor at Princeton University Princeton New Jersey United States where he earned a doctor of medicine degree as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) To 2/7/1986 is 7463 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 7463 days



From 12/8/1985 ( premiere US TV movie "All-Star Party for 'Dutch' Reagan" ) to 2/7/1986 is 61 days

From 2/7/1986 to 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 61 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089118/releaseinfo

IMDb


F/X (1986)

Release Info

USA 7 February 1986










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 6, 2006


In Great Lakes, I used to cross in to Wisconsin a lot to go to a night club. I got two speeding tickets two different times making that trip. I met Diane Broch at that night club in Wisconsin.

It hit me like a weight a few hours ago: Arlington Heights. That was the suburb Diane lived in.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:35 AM Sunday, April 10, 2011


I just caught the association. Her birthday was 2 September 1965. I always remember that because it was exactly two months before my birthdate.

I don't recall the name of the bar but I remember it was a popular place and it was a fairly long drive from the US Navy base in North Chicago to that dance club in Wisconsin. There were a lot of women in that bar that night. I walked up and asked her to dance and we dated for a long time after that. I was thinking of a her again recently when I watched the 1986 film "Short Circuit" on television.

She was from Arlington Heights. I stayed there several times in that condo in Arlington Heights.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 April 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:05 PM Saturday, April 23, 2011


She definitely lived in Arlington Heights and I know that because after we started dating I traveled to their condo several times while I was attending the United States Navy Fire Controlman "A" school near North Chicago in Great Lakes Illinois.

I "remember" one time, and that much have been my 2 November 1986 birthday because I never went back there after I left soon after in November 1986 for thirty days leave in Arkansas, she and her mother presented a birthday cake to me at their condo in Arlington Heights.

I don't recall if I told them what my favorite brand of cake was although I did like strawberry cake but I am not certain if I told her that was my favorite. Maybe I did. I can't recall. I'm not certain if I ever would have said that strawberry cake was my favorite type of birthday cake or any type of cake and I cannot recall if she even asked me about that. If I did tell her that then I was not expecting the cake they had for me. The cake, which might have been white cake, contained full strawberries within the cake. I liked it but the full strawberries was unusual and I don't think I had ever seen that before so I "remember" it now.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 April 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046816/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Caine Mutiny (1954)


Captain Queeg: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:49 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 02 February 2017