Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday




I dreamed today while sleeping of again participating in an Ironman triathlon.

I don't recognize the scenery from any organized sporting event I participated in real life.

I write about this now because this topic has become another of the type of recurring dreams I have while sleeping. I don't always write about the sleeping dreams I have on a daily basis. I also just read a trivial detail I published in blog a few days ago that made me think about this dream today.

And today's was fairly vivid. I could see the faces of the people I was talking to and I could see distinct features, although none were people familiar to me.

As has happened before in this type of dream I am concerned about not being able to finish the course in time. I remember vaguely the bicycle course but what I recall best is the run course. The course was marked with crudely spray-painted blue lines. A single blue-line traced along the pavement and that was the path I was following. Until I realized I could no longer see the blue line. So I went back to find the course and I was annoyed because I was losing time. Then I found the blue-line and I started following it and I was more annoyed because not only had I wasted time on the other path but now the blue-line path curved away to make me cover even more distance when I could see that a straight line was shorter. But I followed the blue-line and continued. There was something about a river that I wish I could remember but those details have faded to much, if I was ever today conscious of those details. I was talking to people. And for some unexplained reason, I was pushing my bicycle with me while on the run course. I was myself in a dense urban setting. I lost the blue-line more than once. I saw myself following it along the patio of a hotel on the beach. I saw myself traveling through the inside of buildings and of hallways and corridors. I noticed the people I passed by. Sometimes the blue-line was not even a straight line traced along the pavement but was a series of diagonal or perpendicular lines. Then I had to find the blue-line again. I got back to finish line and I knew I didn't have enough time to complete the second lap of the running course so I was just going to drop out at that point. But then after being there a while I realized that with the new rules (since my last finish at Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2004) I understood I still had 2 hours to finish the course.

So I took off. I had 13 miles to run until the turnaround point. And still pushing my silver titanium bicycle.

I finally got to the turn around point and was confused, or something. I couldn't understand what had happened. I had only about 30 minutes until the course closed. What was I thinking, seems to be what I was standing there asking myself. Why did I think I could cover that much distance in only two hours. So I was standing there and the time of day was night but I could still see the urban and resort-style settings fairly well and I could see I was at that point wearing what seemed to be a very old and analog wristwatch. Very rarely do I see the time of day registered on anything and I saw very clearly the time was about 1:30, which must have been in the morning.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:16 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 21 February 2017