Tuesday, February 14, 2017

"prolonged applause and cheers from all those present"






bluetreeny_2017February14-d.jpg










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


FEDERATION PRESIDENT: is directed solely at Admiral Kirk. I'm sure the Admiral will recognise the necessity of keeping discipline in any chain of command.

KIRK: I do, sir.

FEDERATION PRESIDENT: James T. Kirk. ...It is the judgment of this Council that you be reduced in rank to Captain, ...and that as a consequence of your new rank, you be given the duties for which you have repeatedly demonstrated unswerving ability. The command of a starship. ...Silence! Captain Kirk, You and your crew have saved this planet from its own short-sightedness ...and we are forever in your debt.

(prolonged applause and cheers from all those present)

GILLIAN: I'm so happy for you, I can't tell you! Thank you, so much.

KIRK: Wait a minute! Where you going?

GILLIAN: You're going to your ship. I'm going to mine. Science vessel. I've got three hundred years of catch-up learning to do.

KIRK: You mean this is ...goodbye?

GILLIAN: Why does it have to be goodbye?

KIRK: Well, like they say in your century, ...I don't even have your telephone number.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:46 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 14 February 2017