Friday, February 24, 2017

"Must go faster. Must go faster! Must go faster! Go, go, go, go!"






bluetreeny_2017February24.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

04/28/2006 12:59 PM

To: ---@paramount.com

Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts

Thanks for the info Rudy. Yeah, it was one hell of a ride on the Wainwright after that. We had stopped in Bahrain earlier, but we didn't touch ground again until a liberty port on our way back to Charleston.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

04/21/2006 01:06 PM

To: ---@paramount.com

Subject: Samuel B. Roberts

Hello Rudy,

Are you a former photographer in the U.S. Navy? I found some Navy photos that had your name on them and I was wondering if you took them.

---@paramount.com wrote:

Hi Kerry, Yes that's me. Where did you find the photos?

----- Replied by Rudy Pahoyo on 4/21/2006 3:32:19 PM

From: Kerry Burgess

04/21/2006 04:40 PM

To: ---@paramount.com

Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts

Hey Rudy,

I found several credited to you on this website:

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/

The one that caught my attention is listed below, along with the caption on the photo. Can you confirm that the cruiser in the background is actually the Jouett?. I magnified the image and I am quite certain the number on the hull is a '28' and not a '29.' There is a little shadow on the second number that indicates to me that it has the closed lower loop of an eight and a nine wouldn't have that shadow. Or more properly, it is the painted on shadow that produces the effect of raised numbers. I was on the Wainwright during the 1988 Persian Gulf deployment as an FC2 and I thought this might be a good artifact to add to the Wainwright Veteran Association.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

04/28/2006 12:59 PM

To: ---@paramount.com

Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts

---@paramount.com wrote:
Hi Kerry, I was out of the office the last three days. Yes, The hull number looks like a "28". I don't remember the USS JOUETT around when I was onboard the Roberts. I spent 18 hours onboard the Samuel B. Roberts photographing the damage and video taping interviews and I was trying to catch a ride on any ship in the area going back to Bahrain. I did hear the The USS Wainwright was in the area but not going my way.

That photo was taken the morning after and I was burning off the last shots in the camera before a helicopter flight out.

Thanks for the information. Rudy


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

04/28/2006 12:59 PM

To: ---@paramount.com

Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts


---@paramount.com wrote:
If you ever have family or friends in Los Angeles I can set up a free tour of the studio. My number here at the Camera Dept. is


There's a handful of prior military people in the movie business and we seem to stick together.

Talk to you later.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pinkfloyd.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

album: "Wish You Were Here" (1975)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/wishyouwerehere.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

"Wish You Were Here"

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:22 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 26 November 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/11/brief-immediate-things-latched-onto.html

All I know for certain now is I feel a whole lot sadder.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 November 2015 excerpt ends]



https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:52 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 24 February 2017