This Is What I Think.

Friday, August 23, 2024

Today is 08/23/2024, Post #1





by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/23/2024 08:48 AM

Factored into this is words I heard spoken during that tv-broadcast that were sort of a "ping" to my conscious senses and that occurred moments after I captured images. Whether that was part of the script he had been reading all morning for the previous 4 hours of live-tv broadcasts, I don't know



They must be having a contest in Spokane

See who can get the ugliest people on our tv-screens every night

On the other channel, they are clearly the winners

She looks like a sack of potatoes in a dress

But, hey, damn the need for positive influence on the gullible, easily impressionable lazy people. She needs a job.

And she DOES represent the majority of you out there, all you fat-ass slobs and other selfish polluters

She's standing at the desk and not sitting, so that's a positive note. Never going to carve away all that disgusting blubber, though, just standing there. Jeez, get a mirror. You're disgusting.

I wonder sometimes if KREM got sued in court by ugly-looking people



Meanwhile, on local FM antenna broadcast, for about the millionth time every month of the year: "No Pumpkin Spice Latte's here". Yep, you got them all fooled.

And then later, the most idiotic of all: "It's all about the rock. When it's not about the girls. Or the money."

They are so idiotic.

That loser thinks his "tired joke premises" (from BOB-FM Spokane) are humorous because everyone has heard that lameoid joke about a million times already. Things that are important only to people who don't have any.

I am certain FM antenna radio is lousy everywhere and I know for certain it is lousy here in Spokane.










DSC01005
DSC00992










the-outer-limits_s3e12-1997_00h-25m-16s










the-outer-limits_s3e12-1997_00h-07m-08s










DSC08060









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 09/24/07 5:37 PM

I seem to have exceptional eyesight.

I was able to read the bottom line of they eye chart at the VA with both eyes in single viewing.

I pondered over how I had difficulty distinquishing whether a letter on the bottom of the chart was an "o" or a "c" but wouldn't that question tell me that it was a "c"? I could tell that the letter wasn't a perfect formed letter "o" so it must have been a "c." My eyesight must be exceptional if I could even notice that difference.









http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/1991/October%201991/1091apache.aspx

Air Force Magazine October 1991

Apache Attack

On cue, ten seconds later, the helicopters unleashed a salvo of laser-guided Hellfire missiles. "This one's for you, Saddam ," muttered CW03 Dave Jones, the pilot of another Apache. The shots, fired in the predawn hours of January 17, 1991, marked the start of Operation Desert Storm and were among the most critical of the war, blinding Iraq's early warning net at a key moment. US Central Command relied entirely on the Apaches and USAF special operations helicopters to do the job. "If something had happened and we didn't do 100 percent [destruction]," said one gunner, CW04 Lou Hall, "a lot of people were going to get hurt." The Apaches did achieve 100 percent destruction, or close to it. Eyewitnesses report that, when the Hellfires hit the targets, the radar bases evaporated in clouds of smoke and flame. In the four and a half minutes it took to complete the task, the Apaches had, in the words of Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, "plucked out the eyes" of Iraq's Soviet-supplied air defenses.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 05/14/07 9:12 AM

but I think what this all represents is me flying into Iraq, running out of fuel because I engaged enemy fighters, and then having to land and find fuel. I also found myself reading that book by Claire and having a hard time to believe we didn't get swarmed by enemy fighters.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: August 9, 2006

My hunch is that I was taken captive again by natives, where they threw me in to fight a lion. There is this memory I have been thinking about for a while. It was when i was a kid, maybe 7 years old. Mom was married to James Nevell and we lived in De Queen. He had not gone back into the Marines at that time or he had just gotten out. I think it was the former. Anyway, one day, I was rummaging through our storage shed and I found his U.S. Marines-issued saber. Or I found a machete that day. I remember both happening. Anyway, I was playing with the machete or the saber out in the yard and I was chopping away at any threatening blades of grass or tree limbs. At one point, I started to chop a tree limb that was laying on the ground in front of me. After I swung the blade over my head to strike down on the limb, mom's new puppy ran between my legs and run under the blade. I struck the little bastard square on its backbone, but remarkably, I didn't even break the skin. It ran off yelping but wasn't even bleeding. I was very scared because I thought I had just killed it, but it was all right. As I was just writing that memory, I felt a greater association to it and that Costner movie I just wrote about. When I started writing about hitting that dog, I was thinking about something with lions. As in, a lion rushed at me, I leapt into the air, did a something like a somersault, but not the backflip, rather the other....what do you call that? It wouldn't be a backflip....but something like a side-flip....I'll have to look that up. Anyway, as I flipped over the top of the lion, I either punched its backbone or I had some kind of weapon I used to break its back. I have no idea if this is memory or imagination but I think of this many times. I just wish I knew.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."










DSC01023
DSC01032
DSC01055
DSC01077
DSC01085









From 9/24/2007 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here above ) To 8/23/2024 ( Today - Friday ) is 6178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/2/1982 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Diff'rent Strokes"::"Shoot-Out at the O.K. Arcade" ) is 6178 days



From 9/24/2007 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here above and premiere USA TV series "Chuck" ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 6178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/2/1982 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Incredible Hulk"::"Origin of the Hulk" ) is 6178 days



From 7/13/1984 ( premiere USA film "The Last Starfighter" ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 14651 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/13/2005 ( premiere USA TV series episode "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"::"Model Behavior" ) is 14651 days



From 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my US Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 12272 days

12272 = 6136 + 6136

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/21/1982 ( premiere USA TV "Flash Gordon: The Greatest Adventure of All" ) is 6136 days



From 3/28/1997 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Double Helix" ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 10010 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/1993 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Nova"::"The Lost Tribe" ) is 10010 days



From 12/9/2003 ( premiere USA TV miniseries finale episode "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 7563 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/18/1986 ( premiere USA film "Aliens" ) is 7563 days



From 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2), my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 13317 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/19/2002 ( premiere USA film "Enigma" ) is 13317 days



From 11/5/1952 ( from Associated Press (AP) newswire, New York: Univac Was Too Accurate For Experts ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 26224 days

26224 = 13112 + 13112

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/26/2001 ( premiere USA TV series "Star Trek: Enterprise"::series premiere "Broken Bow" ) is 13112 days



From 5/20/1992 ( premiere USA film "Far and Away" ) To 8/23/2024 ( Today - Friday ) is 11783 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/5/1998 ( premiere USA TV "Target Earth" ) is 11783 days










2024-08-23_1
2024-08-23_2
2024-08-23_3
2024-08-23_4









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157583/releaseinfo/

IMDb

Enigma

Release info

United States April 19, 2002

A young genius frantically races against time to crack an enemy code









IMDb

Enigma

Quotes

Wigram: Were you surprised when you heard that Admiral Donitz had changed the weather code?

Tom Jericho: Well, the Germans were always nervous about Enigma. That was the reason Shark came on in the first place...

Wigram: But the Germans believe Enigma's supposed to be infallible, because it would take people a thousand years to figure out the settings for one day, and they are changed every day. But we don't use people for that, do we, Mr. Jericho?

Tom Jericho: No.

Wigram: No. And that is the secret inside the secret: your thinking machines. Day and night, clackety-clack, programmed with a menu provided by your amazing brain, narrowing down the infinite possibilities to just a few million. And if anyone tells the Germans about that... there goes the war.









IMDb

Enigma

Quotes

Tom Jericho: Every day, our Typex machines have to be set the same way the Germans set their Enigmas. And figuring out the settings is the hard part. That's where the code breakers come in.

Hester Wallace: What would Claire need to decipher the settings?

Tom Jericho: She'd need a crib. Let's say this tombstone was in code. If I knew more or less who's buried here, I'd have a pretty good idea what the code meant. You try to work out the settings and then type the coded message into the Enigma machine. If the message comes out nonsense, the settings are wrong. If it comes out "Mary Jane Hawkins," you've broken Enigma for that day.









IMDb

Enigma

Quotes

Tom Jericho: It weighs twenty-six pounds, battery included, and goes anywhere. The Enigma machine - the Germans have thousands of them.

Hammerbeck: What's it do?

Tom Jericho: It turns plain-text messages into gobbledygook. Then the gobbledygook is transmitted in Morse. At the other end is another Enigma machine, which translates the message back to the original text.

Hammerbeck: And you have one of your own.

Logie: Uh, courtesy of the Polish Cipher Bureau.

Hammerbeck: So what's the problem?

Tom Jericho: The problem? The problem is the machine has a hundred and fifty million, million, million ways of doing it, according to how you set these three rotors, and how you connect these plugs. Press the same key any number of times, it'll always come out different.

Hammerbeck: And that's Shark?

Tom Jericho: No. No, no, no, this is the one we can break. Shark is enciphered on a special Enigma machine with a fourth rotor, designed especially for U-Boats - which gives it about four thousand million, *billion* starting positions. And, uh, we've never seen one.

Hammerbeck: Holy shit...









Star Trek: Enterprise - "Broken Bow - tv series premiere - season 1 ep 1 - 09/26/2001

(from internet transcript)

LEONARD: It's a Klingot.

TOS: A Klingon.

ARCHER: Where'd he come from? (they're viewing through window)

WILLIAMS: Oklahoma.










2001-09-26_0-b
2001-09-26_2









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0658011/

IMDb

NCIS

S3.E11

Model Behavior

Episode aired Dec 13, 2005

Three supermodels take part in a reality show at the Marine Corps Base at Quantico









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0658011/quotes/

IMDb

NCIS

Model Behavior

Quotes

Special Agent Timothy McGee: [handing one of the models his business card] If you remember anything else that might help, please give us a call.

Officer Ziva David: It's called a business card. Maybe you can have one of the marines to read it for you.









IMDb

NCIS

Model Behavior

Quotes

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: [after a reporter has creatively edited Gibbs' words] You want me to help fix this? Then get me that reporter's number?

NCIS Director Jenny Shepard: You're going to apologize?

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: No. Ask her to dinner.









IMDb

NCIS

Model Behavior

Quotes

Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: [describing "Bootcamp Babes"] Three hot, young babes learning what's really important in life.

Officer Ziva David: Defending their country?

Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: No. Firing machine guns while wearing bikinis.










the-last-starfighter_00h14m27s
the-last-starfighter_00h13m39s
the-last-starfighter_00h15m19s










20161116_131220 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess circa 1975, DeQueen trailer park, DeQueen, Arkansas
20161116_131321-1 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess circa 1975, featuring Homer Burgess, rural farm near Antlers, Oklahoma










the-last-starfighter_01h01m24s










20161116_131321-1 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess, January 1970, Antlers, Oklahoma










20161116_131431_ .jpg, me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, aged 18 years, May 04, 1984










20161116_130748_ .jpg Kerry Wayne Burgess (me) circa or precisely July 13, 1984, US Navy, Orlando Florida









by me, Kerry Burgess, August 28, 2018

I wonder if that's the same day I remember graduating from United States Navy basic training in Orlando.

Must have been.

The uncertainty in my mind is because of vague memories I still have about those last days before we left.

I can still visualize that last day, had my seabag and sunglasses on and the company commander sending us off and I can visualize myself walking for the last time out the door of that barracks we had been in for 8 weeks.

I went across base to begin Basic Electricity and Electronics School for the Electronics Technician occupation rating, a rating I chose because it was one of only two ratings in the Advanced Electronics Field, along with Fire Controlman, and the ET rating required several more weeks of electronics training than FC and I found that appealing to me.

I had spent over a year - a total of 419 days to be exact - on a shakedown period for the USS Taylor FFG-50 where I had many responsibilities including being responsible for the boatswain locker, helmsman, lookout, repair locker personnel, damage control, others , including helicopter flight deck crewman

All I know for certain is my official military records tell me I was transferred from basic training by the United States Navy on Monday, July 16, 1984.

The previous Friday was the 13th.

The details I vaguely recall are about how my company, C155, finished the course of instruction several days before the other company's finished. The reason, I vaguely recall, is that several companies began the course of instruction during the same week but on different days of the week. So we started on a day before the others started and we finished a few days before the last company finished. If we started on a Monday then others started on Friday. So we finished on a Monday and they finished on a Friday. But we all graduated on the same day, which I believe was a Friday and I have reason to believe was the 13th. I can't imagine we were goofing off for over a week waiting for the other company to finish the course. K076 was the female company I remember starting with us on the same day and I think they were in the same large classroom with us for classroom instruction. I remember a vast number of sailors being on the field for graduation ceremony and my company was a large group of sailors.

The answer might be out there somewhere on the internet but I can't find it.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Release Info

USA 13 July 1984

Full Cast & Crew

Lance Guest ... Alex Rogan / Beta Alex









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104231/releaseinfo/

IMDb

Far and Away

Release info

United States May 20, 1992 (Beverly Hills, California, premiere)

Full Cast & Crew

Tom Cruise ... Joseph Donnelly

Nicole Kidman ... Shannon Christie









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_and_Away

Far and Away

From Wikipedia

Far and Away is a 1992 American epic Western romantic adventure drama film directed by Ron Howard from a screenplay by Bob Dolman and a story by Howard and Dolman. It stars Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

On a ship bound for America, Shannon and Joseph meet Mr. McGuire, who confirms Shannon’s story about land being given away for free in Oklahoma. He adds that, once landing in America, they will have to travel a thousand miles to get there and must claim their desired land in a race.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rush_of_1889

Land Rush of 1889

From Wikipedia

The Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889 was the first land run into the Unassigned Lands of former Indian Territory, which had earlier been assigned to the Creek and Seminole peoples. The area that was opened to settlement included all or part of the Canadian, Cleveland, Kingfisher, Logan, Oklahoma, and Payne counties of the present-day US state of Oklahoma.

The land run started at high noon on April 22, 1889. An estimated 50,000 people were lined up at the start, seeking to gain a piece of the available two million acres (8,100 km2).

The Unassigned Lands were considered some of the best unoccupied public land in the United States. The Indian Appropriations Act of 1889 was passed and signed into law with an amendment by Representative William McKendree Springer (R-IL) that authorized President Benjamin Harrison to open the two million acres (8,100 km2) for settlement. President Abraham Lincoln had earlier signed the Homestead Act of 1862, which allowed settlers to claim lots of up to 160 acres (0.65 km2), provided that they lived on the land and improved it.









Land Rush of 1889

From Wikipedia

Native American tribes in Indian Territory

The removal of Native Americans to Indian Territory started after the election of Andrew Jackson to the presidency in 1828. He believed that Indian Removal from the Southeast was needed to extinguish Native American land claims and enable development by European Americans in Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, which still had numerous Native Americans occupying their territories.









Land Rush of 1889

From Wikipedia

Rush for land

After the passage of the Indian Appropriation Bill, President Benjamin Harrison made the declaration that on April 22, 1889, at 12 o'clock noon that the Unassigned Land in Indian Territory would be open for settlement. At the time of the opening, which was indicated by gunshot, the line of people on horse and in wagons dispersed into a kaleidoscope of motion and dust and oxen and wagons. The chase for land was frenzied and much chaos and disorder ensued. The rush did not last long, and by the end of the day nearly two million acres of land had been claimed.









https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1998/02/05/target-earth-invasion-of-the-plot-snatchers/deeec29b-de36-484a-a6ed-b57494013dea/

The Washington Post

'TARGET EARTH': INVASION OF THE PLOT SNATCHERS

By Tom Shales

February 5, 1998 at 12:00 a.m. EST

The most terrifying thing about "Target Earth," ABC's Thursday night movie, is that it looks as though it was meant to be the pilot for a new series. Not really new, of course -- just another paranoia and conspiracy fest in that now-tired "X-Files" style.

Somewhere along the way, network executives must have concluded that "Target Earth," airing tonight at 9 on Channel 7, does not have the makings of a weekly show. It just has the makings of a nap. And so, though they slotted it on the first night of the big February ratings "sweeps," they also put it opposite the unstoppable NBC parlay of "Seinfeld" and "ER."

If a tiny bit more imagination had been expended on the film, it might have been able to squeak by. But it's hyper-derivative. It's about an invasion plot from outer space that has been underway for years and seems to take years more as the movie plods on.

ADVERTISING

Earthlings, mainly from Illinois, have been abducted by aliens over the years, it seems, and implanted with a chip that will be activated on the alien version of D-Day. These people all have scar tissue on the backs of their necks where the implanting occurred -- just like the implantees in the classic sci-fi movie "Invaders From Mars" way back in the early '50s.

Ah, the '50s. Now there was a time when paranoia really meant something.

Anyway, according to the plot, these time-bomb implantees are walking around among us every day, passing for ordinary humans, somewhat in the manner of the pod people in yet another '50s classic, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Maybe "Target Earth" is meant as a tribute to science fiction of yore -- "tribute" as in "rip-off."

The target, incidentally, appears not to be Earth but just the United States, since little or no mention is made of foreign implanting. As the film opens, a feisty white-haired old lady gets a visit from a flying saucer that hovers over her house. It's as big as Yankee Stadium but she, and a couple of workmen, are the only ones to see it. For nearly half an hour, we get disjointed scenes that don't add up to much in addition to comic relief that's pathetic, like our hero briefly serving as a model in a women's self-defense class.

The hero is a cop named Sam, played by likable but confused-looking Christopher Meloni. He eventually teams up with the even more likable Marcia Cross as Karen, the mother of a 6-year-old girl who was abducted, implanted and plopped back into her yard. Now, the wee tot incessantly recites nursery rhymes and draws squiggles on paper -- but what wee tot doesn't?

Share this article

Dabney Coleman arrives on the scene as a U.S. senator who is part of the conspiracy. "We're bringing stability to the world," he says of the alien plan. The senator happens to be Sam's uncle. Later still we meet Chad Lowe, brother of Rob, as the very young leader of the expedition. He sits around looking at video screens and listening to the music of Earth. When he gets back home to his fellow aliens, he says, "I intend to introduce them to this -- Mozart.' "

They don't have a Mozart on their planet? Well then, the hell with them.

ADVERTISING

The film totters along, doling out scenes that by now seem to be in every sci-fi movie: the breaking-into-the-computer scene, the breaking-into-the-headquarters scene and the big-blowing-up scene. Naturally there's a sinister FBI man who's been implanted; he's played by a bald John C. McGinley, creepy to the point of hilarity.

Sam gets to utter the obligatory reworded "X-Files" slogan: "I'm just gonna go out and find the truth" (vs. "Files' " famous "The truth is out there"), but instead of finding truth, he gets into lots of gunfights and fistfights, as in an old western. "Target Earth," to sum it up, misses the target by about a billion zillion miles. CAPTION: Courtney Crumpler plays a child taken over by aliens in the sci-fi dud "Target Earth."










2024-08-23_5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_mathematical_symbols_by_introduction_date









From 2/21/1950 ( biographical - from Wikipedia: Gerhard Kowalewski dead ) To 12/12/2008 ( premiere USA film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ) is 21479 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/23/2024 ( ) is 21479 days










the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008_00h21m28s










the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008_00h30m03s
the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008_00h30m05s









IMDb

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes

Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.

Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.

Klaatu: Yes.

Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.










2008-12-12_0-a









The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Regina Jackson - United States of America Secretary of Defense: We've decided to sedate him and move him to a more secure location.

Dr. Helen Benson: Are you going to interrogate him?

Regina Jackson: That's a possibility.

Michael Grainer: Madam Secretary, as scientists, we can't consent to this.

Dr. Ikegawa: He says he wants to speak to the U.N.

Regina Jackson: History has lessons to teach us about first encounters between civilizations. As rule, the less-advanced civilization is either exterminated or enslaved. I'm thinking of Pizarro and the Incas, Columbus and the Native Americans, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, in this case the less-advanced civilization is us.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 11:29 AM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 08/23/2024