This Is What I Think.

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Today is 08/28/2024, Post #1





by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/28/2024 9:32 PM

Walked to the grocery-store

Not really that chilly outside but will be later tonight, decided to wear a jacket. For the first time this season, as summer ends here in Spokane, the same medium-density jacket I've worn for ten years of winters here. Couple hours ago, first time as this season ends and autumn approaches

Almost 10 PM here, thinking of brewing up another pot of strong, black coffee but probably won't tonight









STARGATE: UNIVERSE

"HOPE"

EPISODE NUMBER - 214

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 03.28.11

(from internet transcript)

YOUNG: All right. Well, do we have any solutions yet?

RUSH: Well, I've had no luck with the communications device, but I do have another idea. The neural interface Chair.

(Young and Scott roll their eyes in a "here we go again" way.)

RUSH: Now, I believe with that we can isolate each consciousness and upload them into Destiny's memory bank.

(He hesitates, realising that he's going to have to come clean with something he hasn't told them before.)

RUSH: Like Franklin.

SCOTT: Wait. Like what?

RUSH: I've seen and spoken to Doctor Franklin many times now on the Bridge.

WALLACE: So that's what happened to him? He was uploaded to the ship?

RUSH: I can't say for certain, but I do know that Destiny has a neural link with the people on board this ship that's caused us to see things before.

(Eli looks nervously around the Bridge.)

WALLACE: Are you seeing him now?









From 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) To 8/28/2024 ( Today - Wednesday ) is 20284 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/16/2021 ( ) is 20284 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 8:40 PM May 16, 2021

The time locally when I made that post: 7:50 PM, Sunday 05/16/2021

I paused the video to watch The Simpsons at 8 PM









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 8:18 PM May 16, 2021

Time here now: 8:17 PM, Sunday 05/16/2021

Grandpa Simpson explains the etymology of 'good-bye'









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parting_phrase

Parting phrase

From Wikipedia

Religious and traditional parting phrases

"Goodbye", an English parting phrase used in the West, is a contraction of "God be by ye".









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

(from internet transcript)

FLINT: Rayna!

RAYNA: No. Do not order me. No one can order me!

KIRK: She's human. Down to the last blood cell, she's human. Down to the last thought, hope, aspiration, emotion, she's human. The human spirit is free. You have no power of ownership. She's free to do as she wishes.

SPOCK: Gentlemen, I urge you to stop. There is a danger.

FLINT: No man beats me.

KIRK: I don't want to beat you. This is no test of power. Rayna belongs to herself and she claims the human right of choice to be as she wills, to do as she wills, to think as she wills.

FLINT: That's what I've worked for.

KIRK: Rayna, come with me.

FLINT: Stay.

RAYNA: I was not human. Now I love. I love.

(She collapses. McCoy checks for a pulse)









From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 8/28/2024 ( Today - Wednesday ) is 20746 days

20746 = 10373 + 10373

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/28/1994 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"Journey's End" ) is 10373 days









"Journey's End" [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Original Airdate: Mar 28, 1994

Dr. Beverly CRUSHER: Now you be sure and dress warmly on those other planes of existence.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

NANCY (joined with Companion): You must be free, Zefram Cochrane.










DSC06904



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:53 PM Pacific-timezone USA Wednesday 08/28/2024