This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Today is 08/20/2024, Post #1





LEELA: Without it, space travel is but the fevered dream of a madman.









https://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/E_mc2/www/

Let this body send out, in a direction










https://www.instagram.com/p/C-2vZoQOrE9/



https://www.instagram.com/bluetreeny/



https://bluetreeny.bigcartel.com/about

Blue Tree

ABOUT

Phoebe Cates Kline opened Blue Tree in the fall of 2005! Phoebe's dream was "to have it be like a general store but according to me." :) A surprise around every turn, the shop has built up a loyal following not only in the neighborhood of Carnegie Hill but all over the world. Known for its eclectic and inspired selection of women's clothing and jewelry, Blue Tree also carries unique and carefully chosen items in home, gift, fragrance, music, delicacies, etc. There are no rules.










counterpart_s1e1_00h-19m-00s
counterpart_s1e1_00h-19m-03s










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high_00h52m06s










star-trek-first-contact_00h26m12s
star-trek-first-contact_00h26m22s









https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1977/08/06/mind-control-quartet-subpoenaed-by-senate-after-no-show/3029acae-91dd-4002-9115-d251cf74f294

The Washington Post

Mind-Control Quartet Subpoenaed by Senate After No-Show

By Bill Richards and John Jacobs August 6, 1977

Four former members of a secret CIA behavioral control project were subpoenaed yesterday to testify publicly about drug tests and other human mind-control experiments conducted in the 1950s and 1960s.

The subpoenas were issued by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's Subcommittee of Health and Scientific Research after one of the four, Walter P. Pasternak, did not show up at a closed subcommittee session.

The subpoenas are for Sept. 9.

Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Richard S. Schweiker (R-Pa.) indicated after the session that Pasternak a former CIA employee had gone into hiding after notifying investigator 24 hours earlier that he would appear.

Pasternak has been linked to one of the more bizarre projects in MK-ULTRA, the code name for the intelligence agency's mind control experiments.

Senate investigators have receipts signed by the former CIA employee for $2,000 in $100 bills that were distributed to persons involved in "Operation Midnight Climax." That project involved alleged prostitues and drug given to unwitting persons lured into a "safehouse" operated by the CIA in San Francisco.

Pasternak has also provided the subcommittee with a somewhat unclear account of the activities of the Society for the Investigation of Human Ecology, a CIA-funded research group that conducted human behavior experiments.

In addition to Pasternak, the senators subpoenaed Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, a retired CIA official who ran MK-ULTRA; Dr. Robert Lashbrook, a former CIA chemist who now teaches at the University of California in Santa Barbara, and Dr. Charles Geschickter, a former CIA consultant aand professor emeritus at Georgetown University.

Details of MK-ULTRA have been widely publicized since the CIA released nearly 8,000 pages of recently discovered documents relating to the experiments. In San Francisco yesterday, CIA Director Stansfield Turner called the drug and brothel activities "abhorrent" and said the number of such CIA operations now is "zero."

Knowledgeable sources indicated yesterday that the CIA also may have taken an active part in germ warfare experiments run by the Army from its bilogical warfare center at Fort Detrick, Md.

That information is believed contained in files on three other CIA projects known as MK-SEARCH, MK-CHICKWICK and MK-OFTEN. Files on all three have been promised to the subcommitee by Turner.

Among the MK-ULTRA documents still not released is a list of stock-piled "exotic pathogens," according to one source.

The CIA also has drawn up a classified list of 86 institutions which it said were used during the behavioral experimentation in MK-ULTRA. One of those, according to knowledgeable sources, is the Smithsonian Institution. What part it played could not be learned.

"To the best of our knowledge the Smithsonian was not a knowing participant in any project of the CIA," a Smithsonian spokesman said yesterday.

Among the thousands of pages of documents which have been made available by the CIA on MK-ULTRA are descriptions of a number of odd experiments. In one, CIA researchers isolated and collected "sizable accounts" of tick venom, which can cause muscle paralysis. One agency memo suggested using the insect venom as a knockout agent to induce what the memo writer called "involuntary sleep."

Another memo described a chemical under investigation, known as LSE, as producing the effect of "a reversible chemical lobotomy." A 1953 report said 429 experiments were carried out with this drug on psychotics and non-psychotics.

A June 29, 1954, memo by Gottlieh described consultant Geschickter as having supplied misleading information to the Internal Revenue Service Geschickter was paid by MK-ULTRA but, according to the memo, had to report "that he had earned the fee performing consultations with an "anonymous person," since the Agency contributions had been so designated on the books of the Fund."

The "Fund" was Geschickter's private fund, through which the CIA passed $375,000 to a building expansion project at Georgetown University for work it wanted to do there in "biological and chemical warfare." Geschickter could not be reached for comment.









From 2/11/2001 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Futurama"::"Bendless Love" ) To 8/19/2024 ( Yesterday - Monday ) is 8590 days

8590 = 4295 + 4295

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/6/1977 ( from The Washington Post newspaper "Mind-Control Quartet Subpoenaed by Senate After No-Show" ) is 4295 days



From 4/27/1942 ( premiere USA film "The Man Who Wouldn't Die" ) To 2/11/2001 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Futurama"::"Bendless Love" ) is 21475 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/19/2024 ( ) is 21475 days



From 2/1/1938 ( from the Nassau Lit publication, Princeton University: Turning Point ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 21475 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/19/2024 ( ) is 21475 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 8/19/2024 ( ) is 20737 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/12/2022 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrated here {2024-08-19_1.jpg} ) is 20737 days



From 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here ) To 8/19/2024 ( ) is 5061 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/11/1979 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: It Took You Long Enough ) is 5061 days










star-trek-first-contact_00h41m23s










2024-08-19_2

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=NassauLit19380201-01.2.15&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------










1996-11-18_0-d










star-trek-first-contact-1996_00h-16m-55s










star-trek-first-contact-1996_00h-49m-45s










_DSCN4529 star trek









Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

(from internet transcript)

COMPUTER VOICE: Manual release is on-line.

PICARD: Perhaps we should just knock?

(Borg drones begin to stir)

PICARD: Data.










star-trek-first-contact_00h34m33s










star-trek-first-contact_01h28m45s
star-trek-first-contact_01h28m51s










star-trek-first-contact_00h38m30s










star-trek-first-contact_01h14m13s










2024-08-19_1









by me, Kerry Burgess: September 25, 2011

The original Kerry Wayne Burgess was highly agitated because clocks did not work in that world. Every time he would create a new method for recording time he would come back to find it destroyed and mannequins would be positioned around there. The world was really quite peaceful and calm and boring but there was no way to measure time and that lasted for probably eighty years. I thought thought of how the original Kerry Wayne Burgess taught himself a lot of topics of self-study while in there including an advanced level of physics and other topics and including the creation of comedy. Some other details slip my mind mind. So Thomas Reagan was serious about his warning: do not let people see any great changes to your personality. You cannot show any signs of an increased level of intelligence or any such clues to reinforce that you were in that alternate reality.









corrected text, 08/24/2022: by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed, because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There were no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes those mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of and that [chronology activity site] had been sabotaged.









Evelyn-B_157 says to me: No! No, you're not getting out of here today, you dumbass!

Hope-J_164 says to me: She means it, dude.










DSC03397_ -1










2024-08-19_3










2024-08-19_4

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19790911-01.2.14&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------
2024-08-19_5

https://paw.princeton.edu/article/voices-zoo-wants-you
2024-08-19_6

https://princetoniana.princeton.edu/traditions/past/clapper-theft









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0584436/

IMDb

Futurama

S3.E6

Bendless Love

Episode aired Feb 11, 2001

A sleep-walking Bender creates havoc with his uncontrollable bending and is sent to the Bending Factory where he meets Angelyne, a curvaceous fembot.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

[Opening Credits. Caption: Torn From Tomorrow's Headlines.]

[Planet Express: Hangar. The hangar doors are open and the launching mechanism raises the ship into the launch position.]

[Cut to: Ships Cockpit. The crew are sat at their stations.]

LEELA
Guidance system?

BENDER
Online.

LEELA
Autopilot?

AUTOPILOT
Present.

LEELA
Dark matter indicator?

FRY
Making the noise.

LEELA
All systems operational. Let's rock!

[She pushes the gear lever forward.]

[Cut to: Planet Express: Hangar. The engines fire up.]

[Cut to: Outside Planet Express. The ship takes off and the engines suddenly shut down. The ship falls onto the road and the landing gear pops out. Motorists honk their horns as the crashed ship causes a traffic jam.]

[Planet Express: Meeting Room. Fry, Bender, Zoidberg and Hermes sit around the table. Leela stands holding a thick folder.]

LEELA
Gentlemen, I've completed my report on the crash.

[She drops the thick file onto the table and everyone stares at it.]

BENDER
Whoa! I'm not reading that crap. Summarise it in one word.

LEELA
Sabotage. This is a normal L-unit. Without it, space travel is but the fevered dream of a madman.

FRY
Yep.

BENDER
Of course.

ZOIDBERG
Doy!

HERMES
It's an important unit.

LEELA
And this, my friends, is the L-unit I just removed from the ship.

[She pulls a sheet off an L-unit. It is straight. Everyone gasps.]

FRY
That doesn't look like an "L" at all. Unless you count lowercase.

BENDER
You know we don't!

[He slaps Fry and he groans.]

LEELA
Whoever did this was strong. This is 340 pounds of Tonka-tough steel.

[Bender stands at her side and picks up the L-unit.]

BENDER
Hmm. It should look like this. But instead it looks like this.

[He straightens it again.]

FRY
Who would do a thing like that?

BENDER
Who could do a thing like that? And by "that", I mean this.

[He bends the L-unit back and forth repeatedly.]

ZOIDBERG
Well, gang, it looks like we have another mystery on our hands.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bendless_Love

Bendless Love

From Wikipedia

"Bendless Love" is the sixth episode in the third season of the American animated television series Futurama, and the 38th episode of the series overall. It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on February 11, 2001.

After crashing onto the streets of New New York, the crew discovers that the Planet Express ship's essential L-unit has been straightened. The crew plays a security tape from the night before, which shows Bender "sleep-bending". Professor Farnsworth, whom Bender bent backward, sends Bender away to satisfy his psychological need for bending.










star-trek-first-contact_00h39m59s
star-trek-first-contact_00h40m04s
star-trek-first-contact_00h40m06s
star-trek-first-contact_00h40m12s
star-trek-first-contact_00h40m15s










2024-08-19_9

https://futurama.fandom.com/wiki/Angleyne









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

BENDER
Now we'll see who loves whom.

[He cackles and walks in.]

[Cut to: The Hip Joint. Bender looks around and sees Angleyne at the bar.]

BENDER
Hey, hot stuff.

ANGLEYNE
Hey, Flexo. So since when do you go to bars on work nights? It's not like you at all.

BENDER
Nonsense. It's exactly like me. Flexo: The fun loving love machine Fembots love to love.









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

DONBOT
Whoa, whoa, Clamps, not yet. Let's just keep an eye on him and see if he does it a couple more times.

[Bender and Angleyne drink.]









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

DONBOT
How many times is that? Two or three?

CLAMPS
Three.









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

CLAMPS
Ooh, that's gotta clamp!

[Flexo has been crushed under the girder. Angleyne kneels by him.]

ANGLEYNE
Flexo? Are you OK?

FLEXO
Yeah, never better. Nah, I'm yankin' your chain, I'm dying.

ANGLEYNE
You can't die. Tonight Bender showed me that I love you.

BENDER
But, I love you.

ANGLEYNE
I know and I care for you too. But I could never love anyone as much as you made me realise I love Flexo.









Futurama

"Bendless Love"

TV-series season 3 episode 6, 02/11/2001

(from internet transcript)

[Planet Express: Lounge. The staff sit around the table.]

LEELA
So Flexo and Angleyne had sex right there on the factory floor? Well, at least you got bending out of your system.

BENDER
Yes. I won't be up to bending again for a long, long time.

FARNSWORTH
Perhaps it's your outlook that needs a good bend. A 90-degree bend to a place where happiness is perpendicular to wonderment.

FRY
Professor, we're all sick of your upbeat attitude.

AMY
I'll say.









From 11/21/1905 ( "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy-Content?" by Albert Einstein is published by Annalen der Physik ) To 6/25/2023 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here ) is 42950 days

42950 = 21475 + 21475

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/19/2024 ( Monday ) is 21475 days









6b/

From

"Once Upon a Time"

season 2 finale, 06/25/2023

Boy in White: I'm sorry. I really am. This is the only way.

Tabitha: (screams)

6c/

2023-06-25_0-a









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 11:31 AM June 25, 2023

by me, Kerry Burgess, 06/25/2023

I invented it in my sleep

Early this morning, today, in a sleeping-dream, I visualized it

Associated with that vision is the calendar-day 12/13/2019

2b/

My consciousness rose to near-wakefulness many times during the night and I thought of that detail several times

It changed to 12/19/2019 but hours later changed back to 12/13/2019

2c/

The detail means nothing to me so when I got out of bed, I sat down here at this desk and wrote down the date *before* I started to examine it for any sort of special meaning.

2d/

So then I started looking through my notes, absolutely no idea of what I would find, if anything

2e/

The first I noted was some practice images I captured with my camera.

I practice by going out and capturing a few random images, and then later examine those images to think of better compositions

Doesn't seem to be anything of particular note, and then I saw it

2f/

The Expanse, season 4

I didn't see that scene during my sleeping-vision but it does capture very accurately the vision I did have early this morning

So that's probably what I will look at closer later today

2g/

the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-32s , the-expanse_season-4_12-13-2019_1

2h/

DSC00585 , DSC00587 , DSC00591 , DSC00594 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/13/2019

2i/

the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-51s , the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-52s










the-expanse_season4-ep1-2019_00h-13m-32s










2024-08-19_7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_(TV_series)










2024-08-19_8

https://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/E_mc2/www/









From 11/21/1905 ( ) To 7/16/1934 ( ) is 10464 days

From 11/2/1965 ( ) To 6/27/1994 ( ) is 10464 days










1994-06-27_7

https://content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19340716,00.html










1994-06-27_6 (2)









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12:18 AM June 25, 2023

1/

In the context of this new episode of "From" and what I've been thinking in the past day, it's their Faraway Tree that reminds me of similar notions I've described before

He tells Tabitha that it's just like walking through a door

And that's the only type of experience that I would accept

In the context of what I am expecting to discover

Cannot be about waking up somewhere else and then discovering it's all so fantastic

*Has to be* the same as in that new episode: walking through a door

I can see the other side plainly and clearly

I have alluded to that concept for decades now

One instance that comes to mind is the final episode of the tv-series "12 Monkeys"

Watching the episode for the first time back then when it was new, I made a post about how all that matters is now

About a half-hour later, that was the final words spoken by James Cole

I wrote that because it's a concept I developed during this campaign of mine

Waking up someplace to discover the fantastic is unacceptable to me because - for all I know - the chemical molecules that psychically exist in my human brain were copied

You - yes, *you*, dumbass! - *you* look up at the night sky and *you* try telling me that you know what is possible and what is not possible

The night sky tells you all that you are the most galactically ignorant assholes that ever existed.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 07:30 AM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 08/20/2024