This Is What I Think.

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Today is 08/31/2024, Post #3





MeTV channel Spokane, On Now: 8:00pm Saturday 08/31/2024

Svengoolie

War Of The Colossal Beast

"A mysterious series of food truck robberies makes government officials doubt that the 60-foot tall Colossal Man is dead. He is discovered in a desolate mountain range in Mexico, insane and horribly disfigured. The military drugs him and transports him back to America where he promptly escapes and wreaks havoc on a city."









IMDb

War of the Colossal Beast (1958)

Quotes

Joyce Manning: Do you know what it's like, just sitting around waiting for news?

Maj. Mark Baird: You mind if I suggest a remedy? It's an old one , but it usually works. Find something else to occupy your mind. Do you have a job?

Joyce Manning: I write copy for an advertising agency .

Maj. Mark Baird: Now that should help you forget your troubles.

Joyce Manning: I can imagine myself going back to write all those tired old adjectives: "Tremendous," "Gigantic," "Colossal!" You know what they'd mean to me now, don't you? Glenn! A colossal freak, Major, and he's my brother!









War of the Colossal Beast (1958)

(from internet transcript)

AS YOU SEE, HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME.

(drugged, flashback scenes to first movie:)

COLONEL MANNING!

[GROWLING]

COLONEL MANNING!

[GROWLING]

COLONEL MANNING!

[GROWLING]

Man: COLONEL MANNING. THIS IS GENERAL NELSON. I ORDER YOU TO RETURN TO YOUR TRENCH.









by me, Kerry Burgess - 27 February 2015

Among the myriad sleeping dreams I tossed and turned through trying to sleep last night was one that stayed with me through the night, seeming to resurface more than once as I tried to sleep. From the perspective of my eyes, I saw myself hit the ground among a large group of people. Then I was butchering them after they attacked me. One after another I killed with it all starting with me seeing a large procession of the enemy and I was screaming "I *am* the stargate!"









War of the Colossal Beast (1958)

(from internet transcript)

THE CITY COUNCIL'S
UP IN ARMS ABOUT THIS.
PUBLIC HAS A RIGHT
TO PROTECTION, YOU KNOW.
WE UNDERSTAND
YOUR POSITION,
MR. MAYOR.
I CAME OUT
FROM WASHINGTON
FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE
OF STRAIGHTENING
THIS THING OUT.
NOW, WE'RE HERE
TO DECIDE WHAT'S
TO BE DONE WITH IT.
HE'S SAFE NOW,
IS HE?
WELL, HE'S TOO WEAK
TO BREAK LOOSE,
AT THE MOMENT.
[SNORING]
HE LOST
CONSIDERABLE BLOOD
IN HIS ATTEMPT
TO ESCAPE.
BESIDES THAT,
WE'VE TAKEN
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS
WITH HIM.
LET ME SHOW YOU.
WE KEEP A WATCH ON
HIM NIGHT AND DAY.
THOSE MANACLES WERE
SPECIALLY WROUGHT
TO STAND 10 TIMES
HIS ESTIMATED
STRENGTH.
WE HAVE THEM
ANCHORED IN CEMENT
WEIGHING 2 TONS
AND SOME 12 FEET
IN THE EARTH.
GUARDS HAVE BEEN
DOUBLED, AND WE KEEP
A RESERVE FORCE
ON STANDBY DUTY.
AND THERE'S NOT MUCH
CHANCE HE'LL GIVE US
ANY MORE TROUBLE
FOR THE TIME BEING.
WELL, YOU CERTAINLY
HAVE TAKEN MEASURES,
BUT YOU CAN'T EXPECT
TO KEEP HIM HERE FOR LIFE.
HAVE YOU ANY IDEA
WHAT'LL HAPPEN
TO HIM EVENTUALLY?
WELL, THAT DEPENDS.
YOU SEE ANY HOPE
THAT HE'LL EVER IMPROVE?



WELL, I'D RATHER
HAVE YOU ASK
DR. CARMICHAEL.
DR. CARMICHAEL.
DR. CARMICHAEL,
THE MAYOR.
HOW DO YOU DO?
AND GENERAL NELSON.
HOW DO YOU DO,
GENERAL?
WHAT CAN
YOU TELL THEM
ABOUT YOUR PATIENT,
DOCTOR?
WELL, THE BIG
QUESTION NOW IS
HIS MIND.
HE MAY BE SUFFERING
FROM AMNESIA,
SHELL-SHOCK,
LOSS OF MEMORY,
WHATEVER YOU WANT
TO CALL IT.
IN THAT CASE,
WE HAVE TECHNIQUES NOW
THAT WILL BRING
HIM OUT OF IT.
ON THE OTHER HAND,
IF HIS BRAIN TISSUE
HAS SUFFERED INJURY,
HE'LL BE
A PSYCHOPATHIC CASE
AND A MENACE
UNTIL HE DIES.
IS THERE ANY WAY
OF TELLING?
AN EXAMINATION
WOULD DO THAT.
HOW SOON CAN YOU
PROCEED WITH IT?
[TELEPHONE RINGS]
ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:27 PM Pacific-timezone USA Saturday 08/31/2024