This Is What I Think.

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Today is 08/29/2024, Post #2





The Stand

"The Dreams"

Quotes

Tom Cullen: M-O-O-N; that spells X!









Fail-Safe (1964)

(from internet transcript)

What you're seeing, gentlemen,
is an unidentified flying object...
picked up by our radar.
Until we get positive identification,
we regard it as hostile.
What do you do about it?
We've gone to Condition Blue,
which is our lowest form of readiness.
At the same time, we've informed
those Vindicator bombers...
that you saw in the air before.
They will now start to fly
toward their fail-safe points.
"Fail-safe"?
Fixed points in the sky
on the perimeter of the Soviet Union...
which are changed from day to day.
The planes will fly to those points
and orbit...
until they get
a positive order to go in.
And if they don't get that order?
They return to their normal patrols.
In short, we can't go to war
except on an express order.
How do they get that order,
by radio?
Yes, and through a box we call
the fail-safe box aboard each plane...









FUTURAMA

Episode 102

"THE SERIES HAS LANDED"

BENDER
That's her, officers! Uh, that's the woman who programmed me for evil!










1328768 futurama s1e2









From 5/31/1940 ( ) To 3/28/1999 ( premiere USA TV series "Futurama"::series premiere "Space Pilot 3000" ) is 21485 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/29/2024 ( Today - Thursday ) is 21485 days



From 5/9/1994 ( premiere USA TV miniseries episode "The Stand"::"The Dreams" ) To 8/29/2024 ( ) is 11070 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/23/1996 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Straight and Narrow" ) is 11070 days



From 12/8/2003 ( premiere USA TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 8/29/2024 ( ) is 7570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/25/1986 ( premiere USA film "Maximum Overdrive" ) is 7570 days



From 2/8/1991 ( premiere USA film "Sleeping with the Enemy" ) To 8/29/2024 ( ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere USA film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 8/29/2024 ( ) is 10146 days

10146 = 5073 + 5073

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/23/1979 ( premiere USA TV series "Trapper John, M.D." ) is 5073 days










1979-09-23_0 .jpg, by me, draft, old version









http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166511/releaseinfo

IMDb

Boobs in the Woods (1940)

Release Info

USA 31 May 1940



Daffy Duck disguises himself as an old mountain man, as a sheriff, as an executioner, and as Pocahontas to heckle Porky Pig, who has come to what he thought was a secluded woodland to paint pictures of the scenery.









IMDb

The Outer Limits

Straight and Narrow

Quotes

Control Voice: It's said the road to hell is paved with good intentions, it is with these same good intentions that we blindlyplace our trust in those with power, the architects of our future and all too often the manipulators of our ultimate fate.









IMDb

The Stand

The Dreams (1994)

Quotes

Stu Redman: [on surprising Glen] I'm a friend.

Glen Bateman: [eying Stu's M16] I certainly hope so.










stephen-kings-the-stand_disc-1_02h05m38s
stephen-kings-the-stand_disc-1_02h05m45s
stephen-kings-the-stand_disc-1_02h05m54s










stephen-kings-the-stand_s1e2-1994_00h-38m-17s
stephen-kings-the-stand_s1e2-1994_00h-38m-21s
stephen-kings-the-stand_s1e2-1994_00h-38m-23s










2006-05-09_1









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









IMDb

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

Quotes

Wanda June: You can't! WE MADE YOU!









IMDb

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

Quotes

Bill Robinson: It isn't the comet. It's a broom. Imagine you're a race of aliens, right? And, you're looking for a new place to live. Say you're looking for a planet like you and I looking for a new place to live. A new house. So here's Earth. Only it's like this big old house. And, it's kind of polluted, dirty, and smoky. Grease on the walls, soot in the chimney. So, they send in their interstellar housecleaners. Send in their broom. Sweep us all up. That's what this it is, it's a broom. Using our own machines to sweep us right off.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 8:37 PM Pacific-timezone USA Thursday 08/29/2024