Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Elaine Robinson"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/quotes

Memorable quotes for
The Graduate (1967)


[first lines]
Pilot: Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to begin our descent into Los Angeles. The sound you just heard is the landing gear locking into place. Los Angeles weather is clear; temperature is 72. We expect to make our 4 hour and 18 minute flight on schedule. We have enjoyed having you on board, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.



From 5/1/1967 to 12/21/1967 is: 33 weeks, 3 days

3-3-3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/releaseinfo

Release dates for
The Graduate (1967)

USA 21 December 1967 (New York City, New York) (premiere)






From 7/16/1963 to 7/16/1979 is: 16 years

From 1/29/1940 ("Elaine") to 7/16/1979 is: 14413 days

1-4413

From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 4 years, 4 months, 13 days

4-4-1-3

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001684/

Katharine Ross (I)
Date of Birth: 29 January 1940

The Graduate (1967) .... Elaine Robinson
The Final Countdown (1980) .... Laurel Scott
Secrets of a Mother and Daughter (1983) (TV) .... Ava Pryce






http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/plotsummary

Plot summary for
The Graduate (1967)

Ben has recently graduated college, with his parents now expecting great things from him. At his "Homecoming" party, Mrs. Robinson, the wife of his father's business partner, has Ben drive her home, which leads to an affair between the two. The affair eventually ends, but comes back to haunt him when he finds himself falling for Elaine, Mrs. Robinson's daughter.


The action is mainly seen through the eyes of Benjamin Braddock, a confused twenty-one year old, who is worried about his future but who does not simply want to follow the commercial path of his affluent family and their friends. His life becomes complicated when he is embroiled in an affair with an older woman, Mrs. Robinson, the wife of his father's business partner. It becomes impossible when he falls in love with Mrs. Robinson's daughter, Elaine.







From 7/16/1963 to 7/16/1979 is: 16 years

From 9/17/1931 to 7/16/1979 is: 17469 days
17469 * 0.33459 = 5844 days
From 7/16/1963 to 7/16/1979 is: 5844 days

334-59

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000843/

Anne Bancroft (I)
Date of Birth: 17 September 1931
The Graduate (1967) .... Mrs. Robinson





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/quotes

Memorable quotes for
The Graduate (1967)


[Mrs. Robinson comes into Elaine's room, naked, and locks the door with Benjamin inside with her]

Benjamin: Oh God. Oh, let me out.

Mrs. Robinson: Don't be nervous.

Benjamin: Get away from that door.

Mrs. Robinson: I want to say something first.

Benjamin: Jesus Christ.

Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin, I want you to know that I'm available to you, and if you won't sleep with me this time...

Benjamin: Oh, my Christ.

Mrs. Robinson: If you won't sleep with me this time I want you to know that you can call me up anytime you want and we'll make some kind of arrangement.

Benjamin: Oh...

Mrs. Robinson: Do you understand what I...

Benjamin: Let me out.

Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin, do you understand what I just said?

Benjamin: Yes! Yes. Let me out!

Mrs. Robinson: I find you very attractive.







JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/08/07 8:22 PM

Now that was just the best dream I just woke up from. Describing it just won't do it justice but I probably will later.

05/08/07 9:12 PM
The part that almost makes it impossible to describe that dream as I want to is that there seemed to be a lot of nuance and emotion that I cannot even begin to articulate. The great part about the dream was that at the end, I realized the source of those great emotions was my wife. The character who represented her was someone that had been earlier riding in a car with me. There was some activity I was involved in that I can still see, but I don't understand what it means, and I don't feel like writing about it even though it probably all meant something. As for Phoebe, I walked into a room that looked almost like a restraunt because she and another woman were sitting at a booth-style table. In a nearby booth was a hologram of Marilyn Monroe and the two women giggled when the hologram effected a friendly demeanor as I approached and said "Hello, Elaine." That was funny to them but I don't really get it. Slightly before that, I was walking up to the woman, with feeling associated that I was seeing my girlfriend and I was going up to talk to her, and the closest person I can remember from my "memory" that she resembled was Tracey Grabski. She was wearing a U.S. Navy enlisted shirt that was white and short-sleeved. I want to say we were both in the Navy. I saw her rating badge on her sleeve and I made a comment about how I didn't know she was striking to be a Fire Controlman, as she had the rating badge of a FCSN, or E-3 Fire Controlman, on her shirt. She gave me a very endearing sideways look and said it wasn't her shirt. But there is a lot more detail and nuance than I can describe. It wasn't until the end of the dream I realized it was my shirt. And I am not sure if she actually spoke those words or whether she was lip-synching those words and I heard someone else speak those words. The next part I remember is that she was standing in front of me and I think she was going to kiss me but that was the woman who currently portrays the "Starbuck" character. There was some other stuff there at the end but it was more feelings than anything and it was about me getting to see my wife again sometime soon