Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crumbly




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_(Stargate_Universe)

Air (Stargate Universe)

Air" is the three-part opening episode of the military science fiction television series Stargate Universe.


Part 3

On the desert planet, the search begins for a suitable source of calcite to filter the air on Destiny. The sand itself does not have a high enough concentration to be useful, so the team starts looking for a dry lake bed, which should have heavy deposits of limestone.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/09/09 7:00 PM
Weeks ago, my line of thought shifted to the line of thought that I would only need to reach out and touch the portal in the last seconds before it disappeared because I began thinking that if I jumped up and stepped into the range or whatever of the portal at the last second and I was only partially within range of the portal then part of my body would be cut off. So I started thinking that I would only need to touch the portal before the final second elapsed. The ending of this episode reminds me a lot of that train of thought.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011839820002&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=200910091800&cn=676

Stargate Universe (New)

676 SYFYHD: Friday, October 9 6:00 PM

Science fiction

Air

When the air supply fails aboard the ship, the team searches a planet for a mineral that can help.

Cast: Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Jamil Walker Smith, Elyse Levesque, Alaina Huffman, Ming-Na, Lou Diamond Phillips Executive Producer(s): Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Original Air Date: Oct 09, 2009

<<<<<










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/04/09 3:52 PM
As I watch this now on television, there are two details that remind me of thoughts I had several weeks ago as I was one day trying to fall asleep. The two details are specifically about a portal that appeared in my room which is one detail and the other detail was that there was some kind of voice alert from the portal informing me that the portal would disappear after a few seconds. I wonder now as I write this whether that line of thought happened more than once over a span of more than one day but I am not certain and it might have been just that one time as I was trying to fall asleep. The notion of the portal comes to mind a lot but this particular time seems the most relevant to this scene from the 1988 film "They Live" and that seems important in itself. The reason I wonder if it happened on more than that one time is because I remember a variation occurring as I pondered over it. So anyway, the last time I remember thinking about it was with that variation and the variation was simply that I had maybe 2 seconds to jump up out of bed and I only had to touch the portal instead of the original line of thought of where I had to have my body physically within the boundaries of the portal.

<<<<<