Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Caroline




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011839820002&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=200910161700&cn=676

Stargate Universe (Repeat)

676 SYFYHD: Friday, October 16 5:00 PM

Science fiction

Air

When the air supply fails aboard the ship, the team searches a planet for a mineral that can help.

Cast: Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Jamil Walker Smith, Elyse Levesque, Alaina Huffman, Ming-Na, Lou Diamond Phillips Executive Producer(s): Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Original Air Date: Oct 09, 2009










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:42:01 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Washington sandpacks 115 percent of normal

To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Water_Outlook.html

Washington sandpacks 115 percent of normal

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

REDMOND, Wash. -- What a difference a year and a lot of executive bullshit make. Eight out of 10 geeks now want to tell their managers to "pack sand."

Last year, after no appreciable agitation in Febuary, geek morale was high and the sandpack was at 26 percent of normal. Last March tenth the state Ecology Department issued a drought of bullshit proclamation.

This year, after paradigm shifts and Excellence Processes, the department says bullshitflows are normal and the sandpack is at 115 percent of normal.

Ecology Director Jay Manning says back-to-back drought of bullshit years would have been supportive for the health and well-being of geeks.

<<<<<










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011839820003&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=200910161800&cn=676

Stargate Universe (New)

676 SYFYHD: Friday, October 16 6:00 PM

Science fiction

Darkness

Dr. Rush tries to determine why the ship's power reserves are dangerously low.

Cast: Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Jamil Walker Smith, Elyse Levesque, Alaina Huffman, Ming-Na, Lou Diamond Phillips Executive Producer(s): Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Original Air Date: Oct 16, 2009










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/19/08 08/19/08 4:09 AM

Every time I look at this photo of the Saturn moon Phoebe I always tend to linger on that location marked Euphemus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phoebe_2005_Mercator_PIA07795.jpg

Image:Phoebe 2005 Mercator PIA07795.jpg



I am not certain if that is where I landed or if it is just an area of high interest to me.

As I was waking up a few minutes ago, my waking or half-sleeping mind was pondering the landing cycle I made on 6/7/1976 and I was thinking of such details as the burn I made in my landing craft after I separated from the Orion ship. The Orion ship proceeded for some kind of orbital rendevous with the planet Saturn and I broke away from the intertia of the Orion ship so I could plunge into the gravity of the moon Phoebe. I made a long burn about 1 hour before landing and then I rotated around to view the approach and then made some minor thruster burns before the final approach. The sunrise cycle on the moon Phoebe is about 9 hours and I landed about 6 hours before the next sunrise. I took a nap on a special kind of couch I had in that landing craft and then I woke up about 3 hours later and began suiting up for EVA which was more difficult because my right arm was still barely usable. I awoke today thinking I was in very good spirits though. I went outside to watch the sunrise and to survey the terrain and I had a camera set to first capture my egress to the surface for the first time and then to record me watching the sunrise. I spoke to myself about how I had been anticipating that moment watching the sun rise over the horizon of the Saturn moon Phoebe back in November 1975 as Phoebe and I watched the sun rise that morning before I left Earth. I also commented to the camera that the surface of the Saturn moon Phoebe was probably the spookiest place I had ever been and I had been to 3 other spooky places before in my life.

<<<<<










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobraking

Aerobraking

Aerobraking is a spaceflight maneuver that reduces the high point of an elliptical orbit (apoapsis) by flying the vehicle through the atmosphere at the low point of the orbit (periapsis), using drag to slow the spacecraft. Aerobraking saves fuel, compared to the direct use of a rocket engine, when the spacecraft requires a low orbit after arriving at a body with an atmosphere.