Monday, October 11, 2010

The Skeleton Key (2005)




I wouldn't even be watching this if not for the dialog in the 9/27/2010 episode of "Hawaii Five-0" that mentions a "skeleton key" and while that could mean anything, it makes me think of that parallel or alternate reality or whatever it could be called that I have written of. I note this now because there is a plot element in this film about how the mirrors are gone and that is a consistent element of the alternate reality that I have been thinking was, so far, unique to Kerry Burgess.

I was thinking about that again just about a day ago. I was imagining that Kerry Burgess was describing to Tom and Phoebe of his experience in that world when he returned to life after being gunshot in 1993. In his world, which I have thought of several times in the past, there were no clocks or mirrors. I was thinking of that extensively about a day ago.





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001606180000&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=201010110700&cn=676

excite

The Skeleton Key (2005)

676 SYFYHD: Monday, October 11 7:00 AM

2005, PG-13, **1/2, 01:44, Color, English, United States,

A woman (Kate Hudson) takes a job as a hospice nurse for a couple (Gena Rowlands, John Hurt) who live in a New Orleans house with a troublesome history.

Cast: Kate Hudson, Gena Rowlands, John Hurt, Peter Sarsgaard, Joy Bryant, Maxine Barnett, Tom Uskali, Jen Apgar, Forrest Landis, Jamie Lee Redmon, Ronald McCall, Jeryl Prescott Sales, Isaach De BankolĂ˝, Andreas Beckett, Ann Dalrymple, Justin Groetsch, David Jensen, Mark Krasnoff, Natalie McNeil Director(s): Iain Softley Producer(s): Daniel Bobker, Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher Executive Producer(s): Clayton Townsend, Holly Bario, Scott Stuber





"I admire you."





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397101/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Skeleton Key (2005)

Country Date

UK 29 July 2005
USA 2 August 2005 (Universal City, California) (premiere)





That is relevant. I was in the VA hospital about that time. That guy dies at the beginning and the dialog establishes about how no one cares and there there are those boxes of personal effects in the garbage container.

I was looking back to see if I recently mentioned the element of the mirrors in that alternate reality and I see that on 8/26/10 I was referring to Aerosmith and the wiki date 11/9/1985 album "Done With Mirrors."

On 2/25/10 I did record in my journal about that alternate world where there are no mirrors.

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable. Tom made it out on his fourth time in a record 38 years. Phoebe was only in there for a year a half. Kerry Burgess, in the only time I know about, because he has not returned from his second trip, was in there for a time I later presumed because of his astronomical readings in the sky, of which I assumed was accurate in this real world. He had no clocks so he spent almost all his time, which was probably more than fifty years, trying to find a way to measure time. There was no people in that world but sometimes he would see mannequins positioned around and sometimes that mannequins would be positioned around where he had been trying to measure time, such as by chiseling marks into rock, which the mannequins were then standing in front of that had been sabotaged.

As I was thinking yesterday, Tom and Kerry actually found themselves in the same room together the instant the Stargazer aircraft crashed and that was the basis for the final scenes of the 2000 film "Mission to Mars," as well as the scenes of the 1994 film "Stargate" where they travel through the "stargate." Tom had never seen Mother before, but as her shadow appeared in that stellar cartography room, he "knew it." She then pointed Tom to one door in one side of the room and Kerry to the other side of the room. Tom emerged 38 years later back to the real world, which was later determined, had elapsed two full days after the 6/27/1994 crash and he was over two thousand miles away on a remote island of the Pacific Ocean where a US Navy P-3 Orion aircraft was just passing by and saw his signal fire and he had only been there for less than an hour. The theory until that point was that, while the existence would seem to last decades in the alternate world, the transition would last an instant relative to this time reference frame. Kerry Burgess never did emerge and in the past day I have been seeing Tom and Kerry. In that sense of imagination, there are three of us. I am talking to Tom and Kerry and Tom is Tom and the original Kerry Burgess is now Henry Reagan and I am now Kerry Burgess for the duration.