Sunday, September 25, 2016

Civilization






civilization-6_10212016.jpg










From 8/9/2009 to 3/16/2013 ( --- ) is 1315 days

From 3/16/2013 ( --- ) to 10/21/2016 is 1315 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/09/09 9:11 PM
goddamnit my back is killing me. that must be why my leg is aching. I spend almost every goddamned waking minute sitting in this goddamned broken chair hunched over this back-breaking crappy desk I have set up and it is killing me


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 August 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/09/09 5:14 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa%27uld_technology_in_Stargate

Goa'uld technology in Stargate

This is a list of Goa'uld technologies in the Stargate franchise. The Goa'uld are the main adversaries for most of the run of Stargate SG-1. They scavenged or conquered most of their advanced technologies from other races. However, there are innovators amongst the Goa'uld; Anubis and Ba'al in particular have been depicted with a great deal of technological ingenuity. Rather than being designed as practical, many Goa'uld devices, such as the staff weapon, are designed to have higher visual impact, meant to intimidate and reinforce their position as gods to their followers. Some pieces of Goa'uld technology, such as the hand device and the healing device, respond only to mental commands and require naqahdah in the bloodstream of the user to operate.



Sarcophagus – A coffin-like chamber capable of vastly extending life, healing almost any illness, repairing grievous injuries, and even reviving the recently dead. However, frequent use of the sarcophagus becomes addictive and has a deleterious effect on the mind; This is a main factor in why the Goa'uld are evil, and why the Tok'ra refuse to use the sarcophagus. Sarcophagi are sometimes used to preserve individuals for thousands of years, although there is a limit to how long a sarcophagus can extend a person's life. The first sarcophagus was created by the Goa'uld Telchak, using a less potent version of the energy emitted by an Ancient healing device.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 August 2009 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/114.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

HUMAN

EPISODE NUMBER - 114

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 04.23.10


RUSH'S MIND. Nicholas is back in the classroom and has written a string of calculations in Ancient on the blackboard. Daniel Jackson is at the back of the room watching as Nicholas addresses his class.

RUSH: Every code that's ever been cracked, every cipher in the last two millennia has been based on those who came before them. (He gestures to the blackboard.) This code, however, is so old, there may be no known predecessor.

(The boy who spoke during the last class stares at him in shock.)

STUDENT: You're talking about a proto-encryption.

RUSH: Exactly, right.

STUDENT: Wh... How do we attack it with no basis, then?

(Nicholas looks round at his students, waiting for a moment to see if anyone else will offer anything.)

RUSH: None of you. Nothing. None of you see any pattern in this?

(He glares at them angrily.)

RUSH: So what good are you lot, then? Why are you here?

STUDENT (indignantly): There's symbols up there I've never even seen before!

RUSH: Yes you have! Yes you have, because I have, and you are all me!

(The students look round at each other nervously.)

SECOND STUDENT: What's he talking about?

(Nicholas glares at them all for a long moment, then loses his temper.)

RUSH: Get out! All of you - just get out!

(Murmuring indignantly to each other, the students gather their books and start to leave the room. At the back of the room, Daniel stands aside as they leave.)

JACKSON: It's not their fault.

(Nicholas sighs as the last of the students exits the room.)

RUSH: Yeah, I know.

(He sits down in one of the seats as Daniel comes to join him. They both look at the blackboard.)

RUSH: I'm the one who can't solve it, despite the fact it's right in front of me.

JACKSON: Have you given any thought to what we talked about?

RUSH: Oh yeah. (He snorts, then looks down sadly.) I'm gonna fail at that, too.

JACKSON: I'm sorry?

RUSH: Solving the issues of dialling the ninth chevron. I'll devote two and a half years of my life to that. Meanwhile my wife is gonna spend her dying days alone while I'm off, out, trying to solve that little problem.

(Daniel frowns as if he can't understand how Nicholas knows the future. Nick's voice becomes increasingly bitter.)

RUSH: And then some kid - some big child - with no meaningful education is gonna jump in at the last moment ... (he clicks his fingers angrily) ... and solve it just like that. No sense of ambition; spends most of his time playing ridiculous games, yet he's the genius I'll never be. He's the one that should be here now, seeing what I'm seeing.

(Daniel walks over to Nicholas' desk and sits down on it so that he can face him.)

JACKSON: Look, obviously you're not yourself right now. I do understand what it is you're going through.

RUSH (sarcastically): Yeah, I know.

JACKSON: I lost my wife. There was nothing I could do to save her. It's a terrible helpless feeling.

(Nicholas looks at him more sympathetically for a moment, then shakes his head.)

RUSH: Yeah, my wife's not the answer. Data does come quicker when I'm with her, but quick isn't gonna help me if I can't interpret.

(Standing up and putting his glasses on, he walks closer to the blackboard.)

RUSH: There's patterns I'm just not seeing.

JACKSON: I'm just saying: if you need time, take it. Be with her. That's more important right now. That's more important than anything.

RUSH (dismissively): Yes, thanks. You've been really helpful.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:28 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 25 September 2016