Monday, September 19, 2016

Wow. I really know how to pick 'em.




Never before seen this episode. Never watched this television series when it broadcast new. Never followed it as re-broadcasts. My conscious memory tells me.

Became aware of this specific episode a few days ago. Only through programmatic means with my code did I become aware of the premiere date and because I was specifically looking to see what happened on the specific day this episode premiered on television.

The calendar date itself was interesting enough from the very basic work I have done on it so far planning to research in depth later.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/6.11_%22Prometheus%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


6.11 "Prometheus"


[ Opening scenes ]


FADE IN TO CURRENT EPISODE

EXT—OUTSIDE A MODERN BUILDING, DAY

[Carter is leaving a building and walking to her car as a woman approaches her holding a microphone, accompanied by a camerman.]

DONOVAN
Major Carter, my name's Julia Donovan. I'm with Inside Access. I was wondering if we can have a few minutes of your time.

CARTER
I'm a little busy right now.

[She puts her briefcase in the back seat of her car.]

DONOVAN
Actually, your name came up in connection with a story I have been working on. Over the past two years several billion dollars of taxpayers' money has been funneled into a secret government project called 'Prometheus'. In fact, it is so secret, the government appropriated the money without the usual congressional oversight, which I think my viewers might find rather interesting.

CARTER
I'm sure they would.

[She gets into her car.]

DONOVAN
Actually, I thought you might find this particularly interesting.

[She holdes up a small vile with something in it.]

DONOVAN
It is a metal alloy called Trinium. Supposedly it's being used in connection with 'Prometheus'. I had my experts analyze it. They said it's unlike anything they've ever seen before; at least on this planet. Sure you wouldn't care to comment now?

CARTER
I'm sure.

[Carter drives away.]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/6.11_%22Prometheus%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


6.11 "Prometheus"


OPENING CREDITS

INT—HAMMOND'S OFFICE

CARTER
(to Hammond)
To tell you the truth, sir, I didn't know what to say. She caught me completely off guard.

HAMMOND
You did the right thing, Major. Our official policy is to deny everything.

CARTER
Unfortunately, in this case I don't think it's going to be good enough.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/6.11_%22Prometheus%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


6.11 "Prometheus"


HAMMOND
The Pentagon has already initiated an investigation. We have tapped Ms. Donovan's phone and e-mail accounts and we're tracking her movements.

CARTER
Where is she now?

HAMMOND
She left Colorado Springs at 0930 this morning. She changed planes in Denver en route to JFK. I am sending Major Davis over from Washington to talk to her.

CARTER
Do we know when this report is scheduled to air?

HAMMOND
In four days.

EXT—NEW YORK CITY STREET, NIGHT

[A stretch limo turns a corner.]

DONOVAN
(inside limo, talking on her cell phone)
No, Tuesday's no good, I've got an interview with the Chinese Ambassador. And then on Wednesday I fly out for the G-8 Summit. I'll call you back.
(to limo driver)
Why are we stopping?

[Major Davis enters the limo.]

DAVIS
Good evening.

DONOVAN
What is this?

DAVIS
Major Paul Davis, United States Air Force.

DONOVAN
If you came to intimidate me out of running my story, it's not going to work. Just the fact that you're here tells me it's too important to let go.












12237312_530647977098278_752564411_n julia










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/6.11_%22Prometheus%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


6.11 "Prometheus"

DAVIS
Oh, it's more important than you know.

DONOVAN
Here comes the national security speech.

DAVIS
No, no speech. Just a simple fact: you run that story, you endanger people's lives.

DONOVAN
All right, you tell me what 'Prometheus' is and I will reconsider.

DAVIS
I don't think so.

DONOVAN
I'm serious. I have unconfirmed reports that it's some kind of fusion reactor. They are building it out in the desert.

DAVIS
Where'd you hear that?

DONOVAN
I'm not ready to reveal my source.

DAVIS
Ms. Donovan, by revealing classified information, your source is violating about 17 federal laws.

DONOVAN
Is that a confirmation?

DAVIS
It's a warning.

DONOVAN
You should know, Major, I've made arrangements. If anything happens to me, the report gets released.

DAVIS
Have a good evening, Ms. Donovan.

[Davis puts on his hat and exits the limo.]

EXT—CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN, DAY

INT—SGC CORRIDOR

[Davis and Hammond are walking down the corridor and enter Hammond's office.]

DAVIS
She's stubborn, Sir.

HAMMOND
Do we know where the leak came from?

DAVIS
We're working on it, but so far we've got nothing. It could be anything from a technician working on the project to Senator Kinsey.

HAMMOND
How much does she know?












2016_Nk20_DSCN3822.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:56 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 19 September 2016