Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Winter 2016




Until just a short while ago as I started working non-contigously on this note ( and before finishing a significant portion of it ) did I suddenly recall the last sleeping dream I had while sleeping last night. Of the many I recall waking from the one I woke from and got out of bed stuck in my mind for a while.

And even then, not until sometime later, as I was in the shower, did I think of the import of certain key details in the dream.

Many of the details are now too vague in my mind to describe. But several important details remain.

One of the details that is lost is about the beginning of the dream. I think I remember most of it but I also feel something has faded from my mind. That's beside the memory from several hours ago where I was playing over that sleeping dream in my mind and I was trying to remember the details from before the point the sleeping dream became active to my conscious mind. That part seemed to have faded, I was thinking, because I remember thinking about that, but also there are some other details I was aware of after waking but that I do not now this evening recall.

What I remember clearly is I was in a medical environment.

I remember clearly a man, who seemed to be a medical doctor, stuck a needle into my arm. I could feel the pain. I could see the needle puncture the skin of my upper-forearm on my right side and I could see blood around the needle.

I heard the doctor say something about how he could no longer detect a heartbeat. At that point there was dialog that seemed to be from me and I was looking at a stethoscope hanging on the wall and suggesting he use that. That was the part that seemed more profound to me sometime later today when I was in the shower after waking.

The parts next I remember clearly and I can visualize a lot but not enough to describe. I was seeing equipment that I can't describe. The doctor was monitoring the numbers and readouts on the consoles of the equipment. He was checking my blood. I saw the numbers organizing on the console. The doctor knew right away that my blood matched. My blood match Ronald Reagan the former president of the United States of America. He knew we were closely related biologically according to my blood.

The rest of the dream I can remember now is me reading the documents the computer system created. The documents detailed my maternal and paternal biological relations. There were several pages that had codes and whatever it else was that I didn't understand. The printer didn't work properly for many of pages but holding the page up to the light I could read what was supposed to have printed in ink on the pages.










http://www.tv.com/shows/halt-and-catch-fire/and-she-was-3412915/

tv.com


Halt and Catch Fire Season 3 Episode 6

And She Was

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 20, 2016 on AMC

AIRED: 9/20/16



http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=halt-and-catch-fire-2014&episode=s03e06

Springfield! Springfield!


Halt and Catch Fire

And She Was


What can I say? Me and Puccini go way back.










https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Snowstorm_(Tolstoy)/I.

Wikisource


The Snowstorm (Tolstoy)/I.


The Snowstorm by Leo Tolstoy, translated by R. Nesbit Bain


I.

At seven o'clock in the evening, after drinking tea I departed from a post-station, the name of which I don't remember, but I recollect it was somewhere in the military district of the Don, near Novochirkask. It was already dark when, wrapped up in my furs, I sat down with Alec in the sledge. In the shelter of the post-station it seemed warm and still. Although there was no snow above us, not a single tiny star was visible above our heads, and the sky appeared to be extraordinarily low and black in comparison with the pure snowy plain stretching out before us.

We had scarce passed the dark figures of the mills — one of which was clumsily waving one of its huge wings — and got clear of the station when I observed that the road was heavier and more obstructed, and the wind began to blow upon my left side more violently and beat upon the flank, tail, and mane of the horse and regularly raise and carry away the snow torn up by the curved shafts of the sledge and the hoofs of the horses. The little sledge-bell began to be silent, a current of cold air began to flow from some opening into my sleeve and down my back, and the advice of the inspector not to go at all, lest I should wander about the whole night and be frozen to death on the road, at once occurred to me.

"Haven't we lost our way?" I said to the driver; and receiving no answer, I repeated the question in a still plainer form: " Do you think we shall reach the post-station, driver, or shall we lose our way?"

"God knows!" he replied, without turning his head, "it's only human to go astray, and the road is nowhere visible, my little master!"

"Will you tell me whether you think we shall get to the post-station or not?" I continued to ask. "Shall we get there, I say?"

"We ought to get there," said the driver, and he murmured something else which I could not quite catch because of the wind.

I didn't want to turn back, but to wander about all night in the frost and snow in the absolutely barren steppe as this part of the military district of the Don really is, was also not a very pleasant prospect to contemplate. Moreover, although I was unable to examine him very well in the darkness, my driver, somehow or other, did not please me, nor did he inspire me with confidence. He sat squarely instead of sideways; his body was too big; his voice had too much of a drawl; his hat, somehow or other, was not a driver's hat — it was too big and bulgy; he did not urge on the horses as he should have done; he held the reins in both hands as a lacquey does who sits on the box behind the coachman and, above all, I did not believe in him because his ears were tied round with a cloth. In a word, I did not like the look of him, and that serious hunched back of his bobbing up and down before me boded no good.

"In my opinion it would be better to turn back," said Alec; "it is no joke to get lost."

"My little master, you see what sort of driving it is: no road to be seen, and your eyes all bunged up!" growled the driver.

We hadn't gone a quarter of an hour when the driver stopped the horses, gave the reins to Alec, clumsily disengaged his legs from their sitting position and, trampling over the snow in his big boots, went to try and find the road.

"I say, where are you?" I cried, "have we gone astray, or what?"

But the driver did not answer, me and turning his face in the opposite direction to that in which the wind was blowing — it had cut him in the very eyes — went away from the sledge.

"Well, what is it?" I asked when he had turned back again.

"Nothing at all," said he with sudden impatience and anger, as if it was my fault that he had lost the road, and slowly thrusting his big boots into the front part of the sledge again, he slowly grasped the reins together with his frozen mittens.

"What shall we do?" I asked when we had again moved forward.

"Do? Why, go whither God allows us!" And on we went at the same jig-trot, obviously across country, sometimes over snow piled op bushels high, sometimes over brittle, naked ice.

Notwithstanding the cold, the snow on our collars thawed very quickly ; the snow drift below increased continually, and fine dry flakes began to fall from above.

It was plain we were going God only knew whither, for after going along for another quarter of an hour we did not see a angle verst post.[1]

"What do you think, eh?" I said again to the driver; "do you think we shall get to the station?"

"To which station? We may get back, if the horses take it into their heads to try, they'll take us right enough, but as to reaching the other station, scarcely, we might perish, that's all."

"Then turn back by all means," said I, "at any rate. . ."

"Turn the horses round, do you mean?"

"Yes, turn 'em round!"

The driver let go the reins. The horses began to run more quickly, and although I observed that we had turned round, yet the wind had changed too, and soon, through the snow the windmills were visible. The driver took heart again and began to be loquacious.

"The Anudiuses got into the drifts and turned back just in the same way when they came from this station," said he, "and passed the night by the haystacks; they only got in by morning. They were only too thankful for the shelter of the haystacks; they might have easily frozen to death. It was cold, and one of them did have his legs frostbitten, so that he died of it three weeks later."

"But now you see it is not so cold, and it has grown quieter; might not we drive on now, eh?"

"It's fairly warm, warm, oh yes! and the snow's coming down. Now we'll turn back, as it seems easier going and the snow comes down thicker. You might drive if you had a courier, but you'll do it at your own risk. Are you joking? Why, you'd be frozen! And what should I say who am responsible for your honour?"










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0633434/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Metropolitan Opera Presents (TV Series)

La bohème (1977)

Release Info

USA 15 March 1977

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0633434/

IMDb


The Metropolitan Opera Presents (1977– )

La bohème

2h 3min Music Episode aired 15 March 1977

Season 1 Episode 1

Release Date: 15 March 1977 (USA)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:25 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 04 November 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/11/visitation.html


http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/nov/03/freeze-expected-tonight-in-inland-nw/

The Spokesman-Review


November 3, 2015 in City

Freeze expected tonight in Inland NW

Mike Prager The Spokesman-Review

You've read 5 premium articles

An influx of colder dry air from Canada today is expected to set the stage for the first widespread freeze of the fall season in the Spokane region.

A mild autumn has been responsible for bringing a first freeze that is at least three weeks later than average in the Spokane area.

Outlying locations and some spots in the city have already seen their first frosts.

The National Weather Service is calling for lows of about 29 in Spokane and Coeur d’Alene tonight with lows near 30 to 32 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Highs should be in the low to middle 40s for the next several days, which is a little below normal for this time of year.

A weak cold front is going to bring a small chance of snow showers early Thursday, but any showers would change to rain after 10 a.m.

More stormy weather is in the forecast for the region this weekend.

Also in the weather, several locales in the Inland Northwest broke all-time records for a warm October.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 November 2015 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:25 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 04 November 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/11/visitation.html


http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


Shortly afterwards, with a blanket around him, Caine walks onto the Observation Deck with Tamara. He gazes in awe at the F.T.L. vortex ahead of him.

CAINE: Wow.

(The two of them walk to the front bench and sit down on it.)

CAINE: I forgot how beautiful this view was.

JOHANSEN: Maybe they were just giving you the chance to see it one more time, or to say goodbye to all of us.

CAINE: This isn't me - at least, not the man I was. That's what Doctor Rush was trying to tell me in his own way. I just didn't believe him.

(He shudders repeatedly, unable to get warm.)

CAINE: This body's nothing but a shadow - not reborn but reanimated, and not by God but by beings who can rebuild a man's body ... but not his soul.

(He gazes out at the vortex.)

CAINE: Maybe that's what you and Colonel Young were sensing.

(He pulls the blanket tighter around him as T.J. smiles a little and looks at him.)

JOHANSEN: I don't feel that way now.

(Shivering, he looks across at her.)

CAINE: It's kind of you to say. But even though I have his thoughts, and some of his memories, I'm not the Robert Caine that God made.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 November 2015 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:30 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 21 September 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/09/equinox.html


http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/nov/04/photo-first-frost/

The Spokesman-Review


LOCAL NEWS


Frost forms on the edges of a maple leaf at the Dwight Merkel Sports Complex in north Spokane on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015.


WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4, 2015, 1:27 P.M.

Photo: First frost


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2016 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078199/quotes

IMDb


Same Time, Next Year (1978)

Quotes


Doris: See, I got pregnant when I was just 18. So I've never really had any time to just think. You know, I mean about... well, what I think about. Never mind. I don't know what I am trying to say. Some times I think I am crazy.












accuweather_version-2016September21_october-2016-a.jpg







accuweather_version-2016September21_october-2016-b.jpg





http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/veradale-wa/99037/october-weather/41848_pc?monyr=10/1/2016&view=table

AccuWeather


Month Forecast [ Retrieved 7:45 PM Wednesday 21 September 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

October 2016










From 3/16/2013 ( --- ) To 10/20/2016 is 1314 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 6/8/1969 ( premiere US film "That Cold Day in the Park" ) is 1314 days



From 6/9/2005 To 10/20/2016 is 4151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/15/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Live from the Metropolitan Opera" ) is 4151 days



From 6/9/2005 To 10/20/2016 is 4151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/15/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Westside Medical" ) is 4151 days



From 6/9/2005 To 10/20/2016 is 4151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/15/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Eight Is Enough" ) is 4151 days



From 6/9/2005 To 10/20/2016 is 4151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/15/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Three's Company" ) is 4151 days



From 12/6/1959 ( Satoru Iwata ) To 11/23/2010 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Universe"::"Visitation" ) is 18615 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 10/20/2016 is 18615 days



From 2/22/1932 ( the George Washington Memorial Bridge dedication Seattle Washington State ) To 10/20/2016 is 30922 days

30922 = 15461 + 15461

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/2/2008 is 15461 days



From 1/4/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Adam-12"::"Log 81 - The Long Walk" ) To 10/20/2016 is 17456 days

17456 = 8728 + 8728

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/25/1989 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"Evolution" ) is 8728 days



From 9/17/2012 ( premiere US TV series "Revolution" ) To 10/20/2016 is 1494 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/5/1969 ( Princess Alice of Battenberg deceased ) is 1494 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:35 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 07 June 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/06/every-minute-i-keep-finding.html


"Every minute I keep finding"



In recent days I have been trying to recall specific dates about events I recall from this time a decade ago.

In the past day I decided today is the day a decade ago I made a very long walk one night. As I worked to finish this note though the best I can figure is that is the day tomorrow.

I have attributed that burst of craziness to the medication the psych. doctor prescribed to me after they secretly drugged me at St. Francis hospital in Federal Way Washington State where I was taken after I took the initiative to go to the police where I lived in the town of Kent Washington State on 04 May 2005.

I don't recall the precise day that is the topic of this note but I recall certain facts I detailed before here in my journal.

I noted here the identification card I still have and that I referred to in my notes about the Downtown Emergency Services Center, which I think is the correct name but haven't looked it up again to verify. I remember vividly that place. The location is directly across 3rd Avenue from King County Superior Court and the sheriff's office. Back in year 2007 I was living at the apartment I had at the Vermont in downtown Seattle and I walked a few blocks back down there one day. I remember standing there on the sidewalk for a while in front of that homeless shelter and I was looking across the street up at the windows of the King Court Superior Court building there.

So anyway, that I.D. card is date stamped 6/11/05 and I backtracked the events I recall of those earlier days to figure out the specific day that is the reason for this note.

Here's how I remember those events. I woke up in my Jeep Wrangler one morning and I was sitting in the parking lot of Marymoor Park in Redmond Washington State.

That was the morning I wrote about of how I had stumbled back to my Jeep Wrangler after almost 24 hours of shuffling along the Burke-Gilman and Sammamish Trail between Redmond and Seattle around Lake Washington.

I knew that area well because since the year 1999 I had jogged and cycled countless miles out there while training for Ironman Utah and Ironman Coeur d'Alene and other triathlon and marathon and cycling activities.

The route from Redmond's Marymoor Park, I knew all too well, to Seattle's Gas Works Park measured exactly 25 miles on my bicycle on one way from point to point.

I decided one day to walk there and I parked my Jeep Wrangler in Marymoor Park in early evening and set off for Seattle on foot which began with traveling north towards the northern extent of the east side of Lake Washington before turning south on the west side of Lake Washington for Seattle.

So I wrote I returned along that same route early in the morning before falling asleep for a while in my Jeep Wrangler and then going to the Redmond police to complain.

So if I returned to my Jeep in the very early morning hours of June 11th and since I wrote about how I had stumbled along for almost 24 hours after leaving Gas Works Park then that jogs the memory of how I started walking away from Gas Works Parks about 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. and that day must have been June 10th.

And then I remember that I wrote I had sat there in that Gas Works Parks on the northern edge of Seattle and sat there staring at the skyline and that bridge over the canal and I was there for 24 hours.

So if I left there on June 10th and sat there for 24 hours before that then I must have arrived there June 9th.

That reminds me why I decided to wait 24 hours.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 June 2015 excerpt ends]













https://www.google.com/maps/@47.645728,-122.3340834,3a,75y,179.77h,100.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3Zx2VhZNvaNJumyiVAojog!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


Gas Works Park

Seattle Washington State USA










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries [ Monday 08 December 2003 USA ]


Adama: What about this place?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/27/08 10:44 PM
For the rest of my life, I will remember that chilly night a few years ago I sat in Gas Works Park and seeing the U.S. flag flying strongly in the wind atop one of the taller skyscrapers of the Seattle skyline. I looked it up one time and I think I decided that I was looking at the Columbia tower. I was sitting there on that bench on top of the highest point at Gas Works and I wrote something on the bench that I don't remember now and I feel annoyed that I cannot now remeber what it was. Something about "When will this be over?" or something similar to that. There was also something about the lighting of the city I could not articulate as I sat there shivering from the cold.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/27/08 10:53 PM
When Does This End.

I think that was it. I would something write the intials as WDTE, although I might have been writing something else that was similar in notion.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 June 2008 excerpt ends]










http://nypost.com/2005/06/10/opera-mans-shady-lady-no-stranger-to-intrigue-and-lawsuits/

NEW YORK POST


OPERA MAN’S SHADY LADY NO STRANGER TO INTRIGUE – AND LAWSUITS

By Jeane MacIntosh June 10, 2005 4:00am

She’s an eccentric widow who strolls the streets of Chinatown dressed in a long black coat, a colorful Mickey Mouse tote bag slung over her shoulder – big enough to carry home any treasures she finds in her never-ending search for expensive jewelry.

She enjoys the hunt – and making a killing.

That’s why she also likes to invest.


She is Lily Cates










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065086/releaseinfo

IMDb


That Cold Day in the Park (1969)

Release Info

USA 8 June 1969



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065086/plotsummary

IMDb


That Cold Day in the Park (1969)

Plot Summary


A rich but lonely woman, Frances Austen, one day invites a boy from a nearby park to her apartment and offers to let him live there.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


RIKER: Bizet?

PICARD: Berlioz.










https://www.britannica.com/biography/Satoru-Iwata

Encyclopædia Britannica


Satoru Iwata

JAPANESE BUSINESS EXECUTIVE

Satoru Iwata, (born Dec. 6, 1959, Sapporo, Japan—died July 11, 2015, Kyoto, Japan) (born Dec. 6, 1959, Sapporo, Japan—died July 11, 2015, Kyoto, Japan) Japanese business executive who was from 2002 the CEO of the electronic-games company Nintendo Co. He successfully sought to expand the market for gaming, and during his tenure the company released the innovative and popular handheld gaming system Nintendo DS and motion-detecting Nintendo Wii console. Iwata graduated in computer science from the Tokyo Institute of Technology and then began programming for the HAL Laboratory, which developed games for Nintendo platforms. He became HAL’s coordinator of software production (1983) and president (1993). Iwata had a hand in HAL’s development of some of Nintendo’s most-popular electronic games, including Super Smash Bros., Balloon Fight, Earthbound, and the Kirby series of games, beginning with Kirby’s Dream Land. He also helped develop Pokémon games for Nintendo consoles, including the Game Boy and the Nintendo 64. In 2000 he became the head of corporate planning for Nintendo, and two years later he was named CEO when Hiroshi Yamauchi retired after more than 50 years at the company’s helm; Iwata was the first Nintendo CEO from outside the Yamauchi family. Iwata, who said that he remained a gamer at heart, communicated with his customers through a section of the Nintendo Web site called “Iwata Asks,” in which he interviewed Nintendo’s game developers. Though critics suggested that Iwata was slow to respond to the challenge posed by smartphone-based games, in 2014 Nintendo introduced Amiibos—a series of toy figurines based on classic game characters intended to work interactively with games—and also announced that the first Nintendo game for smartphones was scheduled to be released in 2015.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s2/transcripts/209.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

VISITATION

EPISODE NUMBER - 209

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.23.10


DESTINY. In the bar, Nicholas Rush has his laptop open and is showing a group of the crew - including Doctor Morrison and Vanessa James - the footage of the background radiation and the structure buried inside it. Morrison looks at it, unimpressed.

MORRISON: Hmm. Not much to look at, is it?

RUSH: Well ... well, it depends what you see. I see a sign of intelligence that cannot possibly have been there by any current description of the universe - and yet there it is. I see the greatest mystery of all time.

JAMES: Really?

(Morrison is far more interested in the fact that Adam Brody, standing behind the bar near the still, is now pouring some alcohol into a mug.)

MORRISON: Look, if you can't fix that thing, I don't know what we're doin' here!

BRODY: Keep your pants on.

(He takes a drink from the mug.)

BRODY: OK, I got it this time.

(As he starts to pour more drinks, Morrison hurries over to the bar. Nicholas closes the lid of his laptop, shaking his head in exasperation.)

MORRISON: What?

RUSH: Nothing. Cheers.

(He stomps out of the room.)

Everett Young is in his quarters sorting through paperwork as a shimmer envelops the ship. He picks up his radio and activates it.

YOUNG: Brody, looks like we just came out of F.T.L. What's going on?

VOLKER (over radio): Uh, this is Volker.

(Dale Volker is sitting alone on the Bridge.)

VOLKER (into radio): Brody had to fix the still, so we switched shifts.

(He grimaces apologetically.)

VOLKER: I know you hate that.

YOUNG: I don't care. Speak.

VOLKER: OK. Well, we've got a couple of Gate addresses popping up ... Holy cow, do you see that?

(Suddenly there is the sound of engines outside Young's window. He turns and sees a familiar - and impossible - vessel flying alongside Destiny.)

YOUNG (into radio): Yeah, I do.

(Dale runs to another window to get a better view.)

VOLKER (into radio): That looks like our shuttle.

YOUNG (into radio): Yes, it does. Rush, this is Young. Meet me on the Bridge, now.

(As the shuttle continues to fly alongside, Young hurries to the Bridge.)

YOUNG: What's it doing?

VOLKER: Nothing. It's just matching our velocity off the right side.

YOUNG: Where did that thing come from?

VOLKER: I don't know! I mean, one minute it wasn't there, the next minute it was.

(Nicholas comes onto the Bridge, followed by Adam.)

RUSH: What's happened?

(Young points out of the window.)

YOUNG: Just came out of nowhere.

BRODY: Is that the shuttle?!

YOUNG: Yeah, seems like it.

(He looks round at Adam pointedly.)

BRODY: Uh, no, I wasn't drinking, I was fixing it.

(A man's voice comes over the comms.)

VOICE: Hello? Can anyone hear me? Hello?

(The men stare in amazement.)

RUSH: That sounds like Caine!

VOLKER: Caine's more monotone than that.

YOUNG: Yeah, he's also in another galaxy.

VOICE (sounding uncertain and bewildered): Hello? This is Robert Caine. Um, we can see the Destiny. What should we do?

YOUNG (to his crew): How?!

(Nicholas shakes his head. Young walks over to the central command chair and activates the comms.)

YOUNG: This is Colonel Young. As far as we know, Doctor Caine and a number of other people are on a planet thousands of light years away.

CAINE: And as far as we remember, Colonel, that is where we still were when we went to sleep last night.

(Nicholas walks closer to the chair so that his voice can be heard over the comms.)

RUSH: Look, the shuttle we left you wasn't capable of leaving the atmosphere, let alone fly between galaxies.

CAINE: We understand that, Doctor Rush, but here we are.

YOUNG: The others are with you?

CAINE: Yes, all of us.

YOUNG: Which brings me back to "how?"










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/02/08 5:50 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120844/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)


Data: I seem to be missing several memory engrams.

[Geordi shows him several microchips he is holding in his hand]

Data: There they are.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 March 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/revolution-2012/pilot-2544469/

tv.com


Revolution Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 17, 2012 on NBC

AIRED: Sep 17, 2012










http://www.online-literature.com/tolstoy/resurrection/1/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » Leo Tolstoy » Resurrection » Chapter I. Maslova in Prison.


Resurrection

Leo Tolstoy


Chapter I. Maslova in Prison.

Though hundreds of thousands had done their very best to disfigure the small piece of land on which they were crowded together, by paying the ground with stones, scraping away every vestige of vegetation, cutting down the trees, turning away birds and beasts, and filling the air with the smoke of naphtha and coal, still spring was spring, even in the town.

The sun shone warm, the air was balmy; everywhere, where it did not get scraped away, the grass revived and sprang up between the paving-stones as well as on the narrow strips of lawn on the boulevards. The birches, the poplars, and the wild cherry unfolded their gummy and fragrant leaves, the limes were expanding their opening buds; crows, sparrows, and pigeons, filled with the joy of spring, were getting their nests ready; the flies were buzzing along the walls, warmed by the sunshine. All were glad, the plants, the birds, the insects, and the children. But men, grown-up men and women, did not leave off cheating and tormenting themselves and each other. It was not this spring morning men thought sacred and worthy of consideration not the beauty of God's world, given for a joy to all creatures, this beauty which inclines the heart to peace, to harmony, and to love, but only their own devices for enslaving one another.

Thus, in the prison office of the Government town, it was not the fact that men and animals had received the grace and gladness of spring that was considered sacred and important, but that a notice, numbered and with a superscription, had come the day before, ordering that on this 28th day of April, at 9 a.m., three prisoners at present detained in the prison, a man and two women (one of these women, as the chief criminal, to be conducted separately), had to appear at Court. So now, on the 28th of April, at 8 o'clock, a jailer and soon after him a woman warder with curly grey hair, dressed in a jacket with sleeves trimmed with gold, with a blue-edged belt round her waist, and having a look of suffering on her face, came into the corridor.

"You want Maslova?" she asked, coming up to the cell with the jailer who was on duty.

The jailer, rattling the iron padlock, opened the door of the cell, from which there came a whiff of air fouler even than that in the corridor, and called out, "Maslova! to the Court," and closed the door again.

Even into the prison yard the breeze had brought the fresh vivifying air from the fields. But in the corridor the air was laden with the germs of typhoid, the smell of sewage, putrefaction, and tar; every newcomer felt sad and dejected in it. The woman warder felt this, though she was used to bad air. She had just come in from outside, and entering the corridor, she at once became sleepy.

From inside the cell came the sound of bustle and women's voices, and the patter of bare feet on the floor.

"Now, then, hurry up, Maslova, I say!" called out the jailer, and in a minute or two a small young woman with a very full bust came briskly out of the door and went up to the jailer. She had on a grey cloak over a white jacket and petticoat. On her feet she wore linen stockings and prison shoes, and round her head was tied a white kerchief, from under which a few locks of black hair were brushed over the forehead with evident intent. The face of the woman was of that whiteness peculiar to people who have lived long in confinement, and which puts one in mind of shoots of potatoes that spring up in a cellar. Her small broad hands and full neck, which showed from under the broad collar of her cloak, were of the same hue. Her black, sparkling eyes, one with a slight squint, appeared in striking contrast to the dull pallor of her face.

She carried herself very straight, expanding her full bosom.

With her head slightly thrown back, she stood in the corridor, looking straight into the eyes of the jailer, ready to comply with any order.

The jailer was about to lock the door when a wrinkled and severe-looking old woman put out her grey head and began speaking to Maslova. But the jailer closed the door, pushing the old woman's head with it. A woman's laughter was heard from the cell, and Maslova smiled, turning to the little grated opening in the cell door. The old woman pressed her face to the grating from the other side, and said, in a hoarse voice:

"Now mind, and when they begin questioning you, just repeat over the same thing, and stick to it; tell nothing that is not wanted."

"Well, it could not be worse than it is now, anyhow; I only wish it was settled one way or another."

"Of course, it will be settled one way or another," said the jailer, with a superior's self-assured witticism. "Now, then, get along! Take your places!"

The old woman's eyes vanished from the grating, and Maslova stepped out into the middle of the corridor. The warder in front, they descended the stone stairs, past the still fouler, noisy cells of the men's ward, where they were followed by eyes looking out of every one of the gratings in the doors, and entered the office, where two soldiers were waiting to escort her. A clerk who was sitting there gave one of the soldiers a paper reeking of tobacco, and pointing to the prisoner, remarked, "Take her."

The soldier, a peasant from Nijni Novgorod, with a red, pock-marked face, put the paper into the sleeve of his coat, winked to his companion, a broad-shouldered Tchouvash, and then the prisoner and the soldiers went to the front entrance, out of the prison yard, and through the town up the middle of the roughly-paved street.

Isvostchiks [cabmen], tradespeople, cooks, workmen, and government clerks, stopped and looked curiously at the prisoner; some shook their heads and thought, "This is what evil conduct, conduct unlike ours, leads to." The children stopped and gazed at the robber with frightened looks; but the thought that the soldiers were preventing her from doing more harm quieted their fears. A peasant, who had sold his charcoal, and had had some tea in the town, came up, and, after crossing himself, gave her a copeck. The prisoner blushed and muttered something; she noticed that she was attracting everybody's attention, and that pleased her. The comparatively fresh air also gladdened her, but it was painful to step on the rough stones with the ill-made prison shoes on her feet, which had become unused to walking. Passing by a corn-dealer's shop, in front of which a few pigeons were strutting about, unmolested by any one, the prisoner almost touched a grey-blue bird with her foot; it fluttered up and flew close to her car, fanning her with its wings. She smiled, then sighed deeply as she remembered her present position.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:34 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 21 September 2016