Sunday, December 31, 2006

Born of Tempest

I have often puzzled over the town of Hugo, OK, as it is the place that my own birth certificate indicates where my mother, Thedia, was born. I puzzled over how the first name of that "Hurley" character from "Lost " has a first name of "Hugo." I also thought it was curious that Hugo is the name of a hurricane I "remember" hitting Charleston, SC, when I was stationed there in the Navy and it destroyed my red, 1986.5 Nissan XP pickup. Even more curious is that Thedia's birthday, according to my "memory," is September 10th, which is the historical peak of hurricane activity in the Atlantic ocean. Another puzzling detail is that the copies of the birth certificates that I have now, which I ordered a few years ago to apply for a passport, have the date 9/10/2001, at the bottom, which I assume is the date they were copied. My passport, which I recieved the following year, is consistent with other theories about the so-called "birth marks," in the form of the issue date, and in the passport number itself, which I believe reflects my mission to the comet in July 1976.

Today, I was startled to realize something else about Hugo, OK. These lat/long coordinates, of which that point is within 2 miles of downtown Hugo, can't be a coincidence:

Latitude: 33° 59 Min. 59 Sec.
Longitude: -95° 33 Min. 0 Sec.