Friday, July 10, 2009

Volume




http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/volume

volume

the degree of sound intensity or audibility; loudness: to turn up the volume on a radio.

The amplitude or loudness of a sound.










http://www.cswap.com/1980/The_Final_Countdown/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_22

The Final Countdown


:22:27
Is this the last known position
of our destroyers before the storm?

:22:30
- Yes, sir, Captain.
- Skipper.

:22:32
Dan, go down and check out
the Threat Board.

:22:36
- Keep me posted.
- Right.

:22:40
- Get [ CAG ] up here.
- Yes, sir.

:22:42
I want to talk
to CINPAC Fleet.

:22:44
Captain, we're down across the board.
Antennas check out, but we're off the air.

:22:48
- Any word from our destroyers?
- We aren't getting anything

:22:50
except some code transmissions
in the 200-meter band.

:22:53
Otherwise, we're dead
as a doornail.

:22:55
- Ops, what's our radar picture?
- Radar shows us clear, sir.

:22:58
Clear? Can't you see
that Russian trawler?

:23:01
I have the signal officer
on deck, but no visual sighting, sir.

:23:03
Keep me advised.
Navigator, what's our posi?

:23:06
270, Captain.
280 miles west of Pearl Harbor.

:23:10
Oh, Dick. Launch a Hawkeye
to check ship's communications

:23:14
a Crusader to make a photo run over
Pearl and put two Tomcats on ready alert.

:23:18
- Aye, aye, sir.
- Captain! Captain!

:23:21
Hey, what happened?

:23:23
Frankly, I don't know.

:23:26
Lieutenant, have the heads
of all departments

:23:30
meet me at C.V.I.C.
immediately after the launch.

:23:31
Aye, aye, sir.

:23:32
- Mr. Lasky, I want you to stay with me.
- Captain's off the Bridge.

:23:36
It's a code.

:23:39
Can you break it,
Chief?

:23:41
- I think someone's putting us on.
- Why?

:23:44
Because I learned this code
at Great Lakes. It's ancient.

:23:48
Thanks, Chief.

:23:51
Stand clear at 012.
Hawkeye rotating.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:33:28 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Damn, I thought after writing all these notes to myself today, this is going to turn in to the Great Lakes based on the volume. Every single detail I remember to my artificial life means something else, it is some metaphor for something else. All this stuff I see in the movies and television was put there to help me find my way back. It lets me remember, especially the pain and grief, on easier terms, instead of having it slap me in the face all at one time.

From my notes earlier today, I was commenting to myself that something is wrong or off with the timeline. That may be because I am older than I think I am, maybe several years. I can remember some clues over the past few years, of what I considered to be real memories and not implanted memories, that support this theory that I am older.

<<<<<