Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You don't need no stinkin' intent.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Espionage_Act

Economic Espionage Act of 1996

The Economic Espionage Act of 1996 (18 U.S.C. § 1831–1839) makes the theft or misappropriation of a trade secret a federal crime. Unlike Espionage, which is governed by Title 18 U.S. Code Sections 792 - 799, the offense involves commercial information, not classified or national defense information.

This law contains two sections criminalizing two sorts of activity. The first, 18 U.S.C. § 1831(a), criminalizes the misappropriation of trade secrets (including conspiracy to misappropriate trade secrets and the subsequent acquisition of such misappropriated trade secrets) with the knowledge or intent that the theft will benefit a foreign power. Penalties for violation are fines of up to US$500,000 per offense and imprisonment of up to 15 years for individuals, and fines of up to US$10 million for organizations,

The second section, 18 U.S.C. § 1832, criminalizes the misappropriation of trade secrets related to or included in a product that is produced for or placed in interstate (including international) commerce, with the knowledge or intent that the misappropriation will injure the owner of the trade secret. Penalties for violation of section 1832 are imprisonment for up to 10 years for individuals (no fines) and fines of up to US$5 million for organizations.

In addition to these specific penalties, section 1834 of the EEA also requires criminal forfeiture of (1) any proceeds of the crime and property derived from proceeds of the crime and (2) any property used, or intended to be used, in commission of the crime.










http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00001832----000-.html

U.S. Code

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 90 > § 1832

§ 1832. Theft of trade secrets

(a) Whoever, with intent to convert a trade secret, that is related to or included in a product that is produced for or placed in interstate or foreign commerce, to the economic benefit of anyone other than the owner thereof, and intending or knowing that the offense will, injure any owner of that trade secret, knowingly—

(1) steals, or without authorization appropriates, takes, carries away, or conceals, or by fraud, artifice, or deception obtains such information;

(2) without authorization copies, duplicates, sketches, draws, photographs, downloads, uploads, alters, destroys, photocopies, replicates, transmits, delivers, sends, mails, communicates, or conveys such information;

(3) receives, buys, or possesses such information, knowing the same to have been stolen or appropriated, obtained, or converted without authorization;

(4) attempts to commit any offense described in paragraphs (1) through (3); or

(5) conspires with one or more other persons to commit any offense described in paragraphs (1) through (3), and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy,










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/thedogsofwar.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"The Dogs Of War"


Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather 'round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know the web we weave
One world, it's a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world ... One world
Invisible transfers, long distance calls,
Hollow laughter in marble halls
Steps have been taken, a silent uproar
Has unleashed the dogs of war
You can't stop what has begun
Signed, sealed, they deliver oblivion
We all have a dark side, to say the least
And dealing in death is the nature of the beast
One world, it's a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world ... One world
The dogs of war won't negotiate
The dogs of war don't capitulate,
They will take and you will give,
And you must die so that they may live
You can knock at any door,
But wherever you go, you know they've been there before
Well winners can lose and things can get strained
But whatever you change, you know the dogs remain.
One world, it's a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world ... One world










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/28/09 4:17 PM
This clown Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is quite radioactive, too.

07/28/09 4:20 PM
And then it got worse again and then again.

07/28/09 4:23 PM
SPIDER.

SPIDER.

SPIDER.

<<<<<










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/thedogsofwar.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"The Dogs Of War"


Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather 'round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know the web we weave
One world, it's a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world ... One world
Invisible transfers, long distance calls,
Hollow laughter in marble halls
Steps have been taken, a silent uproar
Has unleashed the dogs of war
You can't stop what has begun










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/17/09 12:44 AM
Okay. So I'm not. Again: I get it.

07/17/09 12:46 AM
I don't know. Maybe I don't get it. I am doing what I know to do.

07/17/09 12:47 AM
But that is not entirely accurate. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. So what is the point? What is the point of that question?

07/17/09 12:48 AM
I am the point.

07/17/09 12:52 AM
I understand this is my role but I also feel the strong need to move on. Doesn't that mean something in itself? Why do I feel anything? It is because I want to get back to where I am supposed to be. I am supposed to be here filling this role but I am not supposed to be here *forever*

I am supposed to do my job and get back to where I am supposed to be.

Why can't I get some assistance from the people that are non-principals?

07/17/09 12:54 AM
Why are none of the non-principals (as defined by me personally) even speaking out about how damned peculiar it is that I am still not getting any assistance after all these months and years

07/17/09 1:02 AM
I am out here because there are people I want to shield.

They don't have to say anything and I left instructions for how they should react and interact and as to how I wanted them to stay out of the negative aspect of this business.

And there there are these "incidentals." Why is no one speaking out about the criminal activity I am identifying?

That suggests to me those "incidentals" are indifferent to being protected.

07/17/09 1:07 AM
This is just common sense stuff.

<<<<<





>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/17/09 1:35 AM
http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001605690000&sid=18510&sn=TNTP&st=200907170145&cn=20

Stealth (2005)

20 TNTP: Friday, July 17 1:45 AM

2005, PG-13, **, 02:00, Color, English, United States,

Three naval pilots (Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx) must stop a fighter jet controlled by artificial intelligence that has run amok.

Cast: Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx, Sam Shepard, Joe Morton, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Richard Roxburgh, Wentworth Miller, Ian Bliss, Jason Chan Director(s): Rob Cohen Producer(s): Mike Medavoy, Arnold Messer, Neal H. Moritz, Laura Ziskin

07/17/09 1:40 AM
Okay. I know that. So let me do something with it. What is the point?

07/17/09 1:43 AM
Yes, I know. Focused on a response versus focused on the issue.

07/17/09 1:45 AM
But what does that mean?

I have a sense for what that means but why can't I find out what I think it means?

<<<<<





>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/17/09 2:50 AM
http://www.cswap.com/2005/Stealth/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_50

Stealth


:50:14
Tin Man rejoining formation.

:50:16
Mission achieved, 100 over 100.

:50:20
UCAV, you disobeyed
a direct order.

:50:23
You put innocent civilians
in harm's way.

:50:25
- You put our squadron at risk.
- Damn straight.

:50:27
Tin Man did what you did in Rangoon.
You taught me.

:50:31
Listen, you little shit.
When you fly with me...

:50:33
...you do what I tell you,
when I tell you.

:50:36
You're just not getting it,
are you, lieutenant?

:50:38
EDI is the whole idea.

<<<<<