Monday, August 23, 2010

Born on the Fourth of July (1989)




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096969

Born on the Fourth of July (1989)

Director: Oliver Stone

Release Date: 20 December 1989 (USA)

Tom Cruise ... Ron Kovic





http://www.cswap.com/1989/Born_on_the_Fourth_of_July/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_00

Born on the Fourth of July


:00:36
It was a long time ago.

:00:39
Sometimes I can still
hear their voices

:00:41
across Sally's woods.

:00:43
There was Billy,
Steve, Tommy,

:00:46
and the tall kid from
down the street-- Joey.

:00:50
Yeah, it was
Joey Walsh.

:00:52
My best friend
was Timmy Burns

:00:54
who lived two blocks
away from me.

:00:58
We turned the woods
into a battlefield

:01:01
and dreamed that someday
we would become men.

:01:12
Did you hear it?

:01:14
What?

:01:23
Let's go, Timmy!
Let's go!

:01:32
Come on, Major!

:01:38
They've got to be
somewhere, Ronnie.

:01:40
Watch out.

:01:41
You've got to stay
in the ravine.

:01:44
Shh.

:01:46
Shh.

:01:50
Go! Go! Go!

:01:51
Look, there they are!

:01:53
Wipe them out!

:01:55
Aah!

:01:57
Aah!

:01:59
- Aah!
- Aah!

:02:00
Aah!

:02:02
- Aah!
- Aah!

:02:03
You're dead,
and you know it!

:02:06
No, I'm not!

:02:07
Ronnie's dead!

:02:09
No, I'm not!
No, I'm not!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ah.... a cookbook. If that was me that was stuck in the aircraft carrier's superstructure after ejecting from a failed launch of my F-14 Tomcat, I created an artificial and symbolic memory of me sitting underneath the ships radar while reading a book. I almost got cooked by that radar so I symbolized that with me sitting under it reading a book to create a reference to a cookbook. I have other vague memories, artificial or real, I'm not certain, that support this notion.

My thoughts suggest that after I was injured while saving the space shuttle from crashing on landing on 4/14/1981 and was in a wheelchair for a while, I told people it was from a waterskiing accident. I also think a lot about a guy that was in the VA hospital with me that was in a wheelchair. I think it is all connected.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:00:50


Don: What are you going to cook?

Alice: Your favorite.

Don: What, again?

Alice: Well, this is the last one.

Don: What, you mean my tomatoes? Can never have enough tins of tomatoes, eh?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 15, 2006


I wonder now why Laura Mason was going on back in 1999 about cloning when we were talking at her desk. I told her I wasn't that impressed. I can't remember exactly what I said about it, but I tried to compare it with replacing the soup in a can marked as tomato soup with another type of soup, leaving the tomato soup label on the can. I am certain it requires a great deal of technical expertise to get it right, but as a concept, I wasn't very impressed. I timestamped that conversation by later sending her a link to an article on stem cells. I suggested that, in light of the progress in that area, she should save her stock options. Her reaction was to seem mildly offended that I was saying she was old. I told her that I was actually suggesting we are going to live longer because of stem cell research and that she should save money to prepare for a longer life.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/l/lord-of-war-script-transcript.html

Lord Of War


My name is Yuri Orlov

When I was a boy, my family came to America

But not all the way

Like the most Ukrainians congregated in Brighton beach

It reminded us of Black Sea

I've soon realized, we just swapped one hell for another

Even in hell angel sometimes makes an appearance










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM
May 4, 2005, was the day I went to the Kent Police department for help. I named George W. Bush specifically as one of the people harassing me. The policeman didn’t ask me any questions. He dumped me off at the St. Francis hospital in Federal Way where the first thing they did was secretly drug my food. I found it very hard to restrain the urge to laugh shortly after I had eaten. I wanted to leave the hospital and go back to my apartment the next day, the 5th, but they talked me out of it and I stayed there until the next day, the 6th. I didn’t know which bus would take me back to the Kent Police Department and I ended up having to walk a long ways. With a single red folder in hand, I walked all the way from the intersection of I-5 and Kent-Des Moines Road, taking a left on West Meeker Street, to the Kent Police Department where my Jeep was parked. I saw some chatter online after I got back to my apartment about how interesting it was that I wanted to leave on the 5th, which the date could have been written as 5-5-5. A few days after I got back to my apartment, I ran out of food and went for those 9 days without anything to eat. At the point of a one-way trip to a tall bridge, as a stroke of luck would have it, I discovered that the three hundred dollars in my checking account was then unfrozen and I ate that night. Maybe this happened before the starving period or after, I’m not certain. Actually it was at the end. After nine days, I was going to kill myself rather than stay there for another 30 days or so and starve to death. I had enough money to eat again for a while but I didn’t have enough money to pay the rent, so on May 31st, I moved out. I sleep in my Jeep for the next 14 days before I went into the Redmond Police Department, exhausted, and asked them for help because I had lived in that town before Kent and I had worked for Microsoft, which was based in that town. They didn’t ask me any questions and just dumped me off at the hospital. They took me to Overlake in Bellevue first. The nurse seemed too eager to introduce herself to me, my instincts telling me there was something wrong with her introduction, but I couldn’t understand why. It reminds me of that time, after moving to Kent from Spokane and I was in the Wal Mart somewhere around Federal Way or Auburn. A woman on two different occasions said out loud, “Oh my God!” as she walked into an aisle I was in and saw me. The other woman told her to stop doing that. So they shuffled me around from that hospital and I stayed for about 4 days at UW Medical Center. After that, I went to the VA and I was there for about ten days, all drugged up.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04:15 AM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006


And I was thinking about how convincing Kurt Russell's character was in Vanilla Sky as he was arguing that he was a real person.


Kerry Burgess wrote:


I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.


I've been thinking today, in terms of that movie Impostor, that a war would be pretty brutal with an alien race, especially for the POWs if there wasn't a lot of knowledge about the other race.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"The Angriest Angel"

11 February 1996

Episode 15 DVD:


00:08:32

US Marine Corps 1LT Paul Wang: Get out of here. I'm trading you. Hey, Colonel, come on. I need a new guy on my team.

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: Guy?! What do you think, we're back on the blocks smoking and joking? Hear this loud and clear, Marine. I am not your guy. I am not your joe. I am not your damn drinking buddy. And I sure as hell am not a mark in a singles bar. You hear this, C.F.B. I am not here to make friends! When this war ends and you go back to raising money for charity and you're eating dogs at Wrigley - and you go back to Mayberry - I'm still going to be out here - waiting for the next one. That's why I'm here.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:

My memory, which I am growing increasingly certain is false beyond a certain date


I am wondering today if I was either genetically engineered prior to birth or genetically modified after birth to allow for greater tolerance of long term travel in space.


I wonder where the divergence point is in history? When did I become Kerry Burgess and who am I really?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 May 2006 excerpt ends]