Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You've no idea.




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Armageddon (1998)


Harry Stamper: What's your contingency plan?

Truman: Contingency plan?

Harry Stamper: Your backup plan. You gotta have some kind of backup plan, right?

Truman: No, we don't have a back up plan, this is, uh...

Harry Stamper: And this is the best that you c - that the government, the *U.S. government* could come up with? I mean, you're NASA for crying out loud, you put a man on the moon, you're geniuses! You're the guys that're thinking shit up! I'm sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking shit up and somebody backing them up! You're telling me you don't have a backup plan, that these eight boy scouts right here, that is the world's hope, that's what you're telling me?

Truman: Yeah.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, February 9, 2006 6:40:42 PM
Subject: Re: With imaginary friends like this


Oh yeah, it's the isolation that gets to me. The isolation of my cage. The spectators gawking at me. "Shhh...he's about to say something...."


Kerry Burgess wrote:
It's funny, why do I feel so lonely when I have so many imaginary friends?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 9 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, March 3, 2006 3:22:01 PM

Subject: Rise Above


This was a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed though when I first saw them that they were preparing to leave. I think this is the one at the link below. I love these ships. Who needs a parade when you can watch a U.S. Navy warship getting underway? If I could choose any ship I wanted for a personal yacht, it would be a Burke-class destroyer.

http://www.momsen.navy.mil/


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 March 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1-01 - 33 (Pilot) 10/18/04


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-101.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X01 - 33

Original Airdate: January 14, 2005 (USA)


Starbuck: Why are we arguing about this?

Apollo: I have no idea.

Starbuck: Neither do I. You're the CAG, act like one.

Apollo: What the hell does that mean?

Starbuck: It means that you're still acting like you're everyone's best friend.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/10/09 11:17 PM
I think I have written more than once about the sense in my mind after I started being treated at the VA in the summer of 2005. I guess it could have started before but I tend to associate a specific sense in my mind with that period in the VA. I was pondering over it in great detail a few days or weeks ago before I watched "Mission To Mars" on television recently and I write of it now in that context of time because of certain details that I have noted for that film "Mission To Mars." As I was pondering again in great detail a few weeks ago I guess it was I was thinking about how after I started treatment at the VA I was seeing something when I closed my eyes that I thought of as the circuit patterns on printed electronic circuit boards. I mentioned it to my doctor at the VA but I cannot remember if I mentioned specifically what I was seeing. I remember him saying something but it was not anything specific that I can recall. I think it was just some off-hand remark similar to when I told the nurse that I wanted to take the medication in the different tablet form because the one type was a bitter pill and she said something about how she was sure it was.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/24/07 9:16 AM
Great. I just noticed I've got another one of those blood spots in my eye. This time it is the left eye. Must be a burst blood vessel, probably from high blood pressure from having to live in this cage and not getting any exercise. Or I was poisoned again.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 April 2007 excerpt ends]










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:03:55


Alice: Karen...

Karen: He'll be hungry. He - he'll be hungry when he gets back. He'll want something to eat.

Jacob: Here we go again.

Woman: Jacob, no.

Jacob: Let me tell you something, sweetheart. It's been five days since your boyfriend run out on us. If he's still breathing - which I doubt - it won't be the pasta he's interested in.

Woman: Jacob!

Jacob: It'll be your neck!

Karen: Don't - don't say that!

Don: Out of order, Jacob.

Jacob: Why? We all know it's true. The sooner she faces it, the better. There are no survivors. It's just us in here and them out there.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-217.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X17 - THE CAPTAIN'S HAND

Original Airdate (SciFi): 17/FEB/2006


Raptor

Red Devil: Pegasus, Red Devil. I'm nearing the last coordinates where our raptors went missing.

Buster(?): (lots of static) emergency...distress.

Red Devil: Buster, is that you? Buster, this is Red Devil, man. Is that you, buddy? Come back to me.

Shark(?): Power failure...oxygen's almost out...help us. For love of the gods, help.

Pegases - CIC

Apollo: Sir! one of our search raptors just picked up a possible distress signal from near where Pegasus lost communications with Buster's ship.

Garner: Finally.

Apollo: Possible distress signal. There's a theory that Buster himself might have jumped away to run down a phony distress call. It could be a trap.

Garner: A theory? Is this your theory, Major? This is Captain Thrace's theory, is it not? Mr. Thornton. Can you give us a fix on where this distress signal is coming from?

Thorton: Yes, sir, it's long range, over 40 SU away.

Garner: Then spin up the ftl drive, and prepare to jump the ship.

Thorton: Yes, sir.

Apollo: Sir! This isn't just Captain Thrace's theory. I think this is a cylon trap, and--

Garner: And I disagree. Now get Admiral Adama on the line. I'm going to get our men.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


the worst time is seeing the plane flying over and waiting..........


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Galactica - Brig

Boomer: This guy's probably died and been reborn a dozen times. You may have faced him before.

Starbuck: So what, raiders reincarnate? Just like you?

Boomer: Yeah, just like me.

Starbuck: Great. What a frakkin' world.

Boomer: A raider's much like a trained animal, with the basic consciousness and survival instinct. But with the destruction of the resurrection ship, when they die, they're really dead. So, they're not gonna mount mass attacks where they could have major casualties.

Starbuck: Raiders reincarnate?

Boomer: Makes sense, doesn't it? It takes months for you to train a nugget into an effective viper pilot. And then they get killed. And their experience, their knowledge, their skill sets. They're all lost forever. So, if you could bring 'em back and put 'em in a brand new body, wouldn't you do it? 'Cause death then becomes a learning experience. How, uh-- how many pilots have we lost? I mean, have you lost?

Starbuck: You know, there are times when I look at you and I forget what you are. All I see is that kid that pooched her landings day after day. The kid that was frakkin' the chief and thinking she was getting away with it.

Boomer: Yeah, I remember. [Crying] You were like a big sister to--

Boomer reaches out to touch Starbuck on the leg. The marines promptly cock and raise their rifles to stop her.

Boomer: Kara, um-- be careful of Scar, okay? He's filled with rage.

Starbuck: About what?

Boomer: Dying's a painful and traumatic experience. Every time he's reborn, he's filled with more bitter memories. Scar hates you every bit as much as you hate him.