Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We have nothing left to prove to each other. I despise your cowardice.




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Capricorn One (1978)


Charles Brubaker: This is really wonderful. If we go along with you and lie our asses off, the world of truth and ideals is, er, protected. But if we don't want to take part in some giant rip-off of yours then somehow or other we're managing to ruin the country. You're pretty good, Jim. I'll give you that.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM
May 4, 2005, was the day I went to the Kent Police department for help. I named George W. Bush specifically as one of the people harassing me. The policeman didn’t ask me any questions. He dumped me off at the St. Francis hospital in Federal Way where the first thing they did was secretly drug my food. I found it very hard to restrain the urge to laugh shortly after I had eaten. I wanted to leave the hospital and go back to my apartment the next day, the 5th, but they talked me out of it and I stayed there until the next day, the 6th. I didn’t know which bus would take me back to the Kent Police Department and I ended up having to walk a long ways. With a single red folder in hand, I walked all the way from the intersection of I-5 and Kent-Des Moines Road, taking a left on West Meeker Street, to the Kent Police Department where my Jeep was parked. I saw some chatter online after I got back to my apartment about how interesting it was that I wanted to leave on the 5th, which the date could have been written as 5-5-5. A few days after I got back to my apartment, I ran out of food and went for those 9 days without anything to eat. At the point of a one-way trip to a tall bridge, as a stroke of luck would have it, I discovered that the three hundred dollars in my checking account was then unfrozen and I ate that night. Maybe this happened before the starving period or after, I’m not certain. Actually it was at the end. After nine days, I was going to kill myself rather than stay there for another 30 days or so and starve to death. I had enough money to eat again for a while but I didn’t have enough money to pay the rent, so on May 31st, I moved out. I sleep in my Jeep for the next 14 days before I went into the Redmond Police Department, exhausted, and asked them for help because I had lived in that town before Kent and I had worked for Microsoft, which was based in that town. They didn’t ask me any questions and just dumped me off at the hospital. They took me to Overlake in Bellevue first. The nurse seemed too eager to introduce herself to me, my instincts telling me there was something wrong with her introduction, but I couldn’t understand why. It reminds me of that time, after moving to Kent from Spokane and I was in the Wal Mart somewhere around Federal Way or Auburn. A woman on two different occasions said out loud, “Oh my God!” as she walked into an aisle I was in and saw me. The other woman told her to stop doing that. So they shuffled me around from that hospital and I stayed for about 4 days at UW Medical Center. After that, I went to the VA and I was there for about ten days, all drugged up.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04:15 AM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:


I've been thinking today, in terms of that movie Impostor, that a war would be pretty brutal with an alien race, especially for the POWs if there wasn't a lot of knowledge about the other race.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 May 2006 excerpt ends]