Sunday, October 19, 2008

Catchphrase : Lampshade




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:37 AM
It might be because I knew Phoebe Cates, but I can't remember.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:40 AM
So it would follow that there is a 3-3-3 connection with Phoebe Cates and me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:44 AM
She was 3 years, 3 months, 30 days, old on 11/15/1966.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/27/07 12:47 pm
I wrote earlier about how that track "New Moon On Monday" makes me think it reflects the final flight to Earth's Moon with Apollo 17. Apollo 17 landed on the Moon on 12/11/1972, which was a Monday. But it also made me think of 6/7/1976. That is the day I recognize as when I landed on the Saturn moon Phoebe. I have been thinking that "New Moon On Monday" was Apollo 17 because that was a new trip to the Earth's Moon. But 6/7/1976 was a visit to a different moon, and during that mission, was the first visit I made to any moon. My first stop was at Mars, which is a planet. And then the Jupiter moon Callisto was the next moon after Phoebe. Those lyrics and sound effects make me think the song represents several trips and that it includes Apollo 17 and the Jupiter moon Phoebe.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/27/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/31/08 7:24 PM
From 7/16/1981 ( my wife ) to 5/1/2007 ( release date North America Feist album "The Reminder" ) is: 9420 days

9420 = 4710 + 4710

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe ) is: 4710 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reminder

Released April 23, 2007 (worldwide)
May 1, 2007 (North America)

The Reminder is the third full-length album by indie rock artist Feist.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:20 AM
The are sound effects in Duran Duran's "New Moon On Monday" that seems familiar. One part sounds like mortar rounds exploding in the distance. After I thought of that, I started thinking that some other sounds sound like machine gun fire, but not quite. The mortar round effect seems more realistic while the machine gun fire isn't as realistic.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:24 AM
There is one "thumping" sound at 3 minutes, 4 seconds, that seems the most realistic.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:24 AM
Could those sound effects be from recordings I made during the Falklands War? I even hear what sounds like jets streaking over head. The machine gun was probably heavily modified so it would be so recognizable.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:33 AM
I wonder if this song could represent my thoughts of being in ground combat while the Moon is in the overhead sky, reminding me I was once out there on its surface, and wondering about the point of this fight.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 12:00 PM
I forgot I was listening to the "Greatest" album from Duran Duran for the "New Moon On Monday." I thought I was listening to "Rio." That "New Moon On Monday" could reflect something about the Falklands or maybe even the Osirak strike the earlier year. Or maybe it is about Vietnam, but I think the one of the former.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_and_the_Ragged_Tiger

Seven and the Ragged Tiger is Duran Duran's third studio album, released globally in November, 1983. It would prove to be the last studio album for the band's original lineup until 2004's Astronaut.

Simon Le Bon said the album "is an adventure story about a little commando team. The Seven is for us -- the five band members and the two managers -- And The Ragged Tiger is success. Seven people running after success. It's ambition. That's what it's about."

Released 21 November 1983










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/13/07 2:30 PM
Apollo 17 landed on the Moon on a Monday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_17




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/newmoononmonday.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"New Moon On Monday"

...
Last time La Luna
[CHORUS]
I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, April 12, 2007


Who watches the watchers?

Released 21 November 1983

Seven and the Ragged Tiger is Duran Duran's third studio album, released globally in November, 1983. It would prove to be the last studio album for the band's original lineup until 2004's Astronaut.

Simon Le Bon said the album "is an adventure story about a little commando team. The Seven is for us -- the five band members and the two managers -- And The Ragged Tiger is success. Seven people running after success. It's ambition. That's what it's about."


I woke up the other morning thinking about the song “New Moon On Monday” from that Duran Duran album, “Seven and the Ragged Tiger.” I was thinking over and over that there was some sounds in that song that sounded like mortar rounds exploding, which led me to thoughts of the Vietnam War. So I listened to the track a few times and I decided that it is the sound of jets flying over someone and then sounds of anti-aircraft machine guns, and then the sounds of explosions, possibly from bombs dropped from the jets. At 03:04 on my player during the song, there is a distinct sound of what sounds like an explosion and I associate that with a bomb being dropped from one of those jets. I wonder if those are sound I recorded from the ground during the Falklands War, which was the year before that album released. Or maybe I was in Afghanistan fighting with our allies there. I am quite certain I was fighting with the mujahdeen in Afghanistan as my U.S. military assignment, but I can’t remember a lot of details yet. The sounds on that “New Moon On Monday” track aren’t too realistic, but they are recognizable, and I wonder if I modified the real sounds I recorded to make them less recognizable, or they were sounds I reproduced with instruments. I have been wondering if this represents me standing there at night with the Moon overhead, knowing I had been out there, and pondering the absurdity of war as a battle raged around me. I would ponder many times of how there are important fights, but I would also wonder……..I can’t remember how I want to finish that sentence.















From 7/16/1981 ( formal recognition of my wife by my paternal grandmother Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II ) to 5/1/2007 ( Feist album "The Reminder" ) is: 9420 days

9420 = 4710 + 4710

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) is: 4710 days



From 2/5/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 5/1/2007 ( Feist album "The Reminder" ) is: 13234 days

13234 = 6617 + 6617

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 6617 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reminder

The Reminder

Released
May 1, 2007

The Reminder is the third full-length album by indie rock artist Feist.


Track listing

3. "My Moon My Man"