Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mother's day.




}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, March 3, 2006 3:22:01 PM

Subject: Rise Above


This was a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed though when I first saw them that they were preparing to leave. I think this is the one at the link below. I love these ships. Who needs a parade when you can watch a U.S. Navy warship getting underway? If I could choose any ship I wanted for a personal yacht, it would be a Burke-class destroyer.

http://www.momsen.navy.mil/

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:58:17 PM

Subject: Re: Mother's Day


I think it was the day after Mother's Day in 1984 when I left for the Navy.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1988/042688c.htm

Proclamation 5801 -- Mother's Day, 1988

April 26, 1988

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Maternal love is the first tangible bond any human being knows. It is a tie at once physical, emotional, psychological, and mystical. With all of the words that have been written about motherhood, all of the poems of tribute and gratitude that have been penned through the ages, all of the portraits of a mother and child that have been painted down the centuries, none has come close to expressing in full the thankfulness and joy owing to mothers.

The mark of motherhood, as the story of Solomon and the disputed infant in the first Book of Kings shows, is a devotion to the well-being of the child so total that it overlooks itself and its own preferences and needs. It is a love that risks all, bears all, braves all. As it heals and strengthens and inspires in its objects an understanding of self-sacrifice and devotion, it is the parent of many another love as well.

The arms of a mother are the newborn's first cradle and the injured child's first refuge. The hands of a mother are the hands of care for the child who is near and of prayer for the one who is far away. The eyes of a mother are the eyes of fond surprise at baby's first step, the eyes of unspoken worry at the young adult's first voyage from home, the eyes of gladness at every call or visit that says she is honored and remembered. The heart of a mother is a heart that is always full.

Generation after generation has measured love by the work and wonder of motherhood. For these gifts, ever ancient and ever new, we cannot pause too often to give thanks to mothers. As inadequate as our homage may be and as short as a single day is to express it -- ``What possible comparison was there,'' a great saint wrote of his mother, ``between the honor I showed her and the service she had rendered me?'' -- Mother's Day affords us an opportunity to meet one of life's happiest duties.

In recognition of the contributions of mothers to their families and to our Nation, the Congress, by a joint resolution approved May 8, 1914 (38 Stat. 770), has designated the second Sunday in May each year as Mother's Day and requested the President to call for its appropriate observance.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby request that Sunday, May 8, 1988, be observed as Mother's Day. I urge all Americans to express their love and respect for their mothers and to reflect on the importance of motherhood to the well-being of our country. I direct government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Federal government buildings, and I urge all citizens to display the flag at their homes and other suitable places on that day.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-sixth day of April, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-eight, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twelfth.

Ronald Reagan

[Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 2:34 p.m., April 27, 1988]

{{{{{










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Grandma: You awful, awful man! Get out of my son's grave.

Homer: I hate to rain on your parade, Lady, but this is _my_ grave -- hey, wait a minute. Mom?

Grandma: Homer?

[they look at each other]

Homer: I thought you were dead!

Grandma: I thought _you_ were dead!










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.



In this dream last night though, there is something about my nieces. One of them has bought the house and will live there now. This is one of ten houses that one of ten nieces is getting. Not sure what that means, I only have two nieces. So anyway, I have two cars parked outside. One is that Mazda RX-7, and just like re-discovering the house in the prior dreams, this car is suddenly mine again and I am very happy to see it. I faced a dilemma though about how to get two cars back to my place, whereever that was. There is a lot of food in one car and I am transferring it from one to the RX-7. It was dark. Then I found myself at what seemed to be my own place in the country, the grass was very high. Never seen this place before, but there seems to be something slightly familiar about it. Next image I remember is my Jeep blocking the entrace of my driveway. But the postman has driven around it and is delivering the mail. He has a lot to deliver. At one point, he walks up to the house, or the garage, but I do not talk with him. Before this, I had been walking around the property and there are a lot of other buildings with purposes I don't know but they have a lot of objects, tools and such, cluttered around. I am standing on the porch about to go in and a woman throws open a hatch on the porch and starts climbing up from under the porch. She is carrying a fishing tackle box and something else I don't recognize. She is a scientist or something. She is on some kind of expedition to go out and cause frogs, I think it was, to contract the "mumps." I don't know why she was doing it, but she said they weren't doing it themselves. I woke up at this point and I could hear some loud-mouth in another room on this floor talking loudly next to his window about how he never contracted the mumps when he was a kid even though he had actually tried to contract it by getting into bed with someone that had the mumps.



I'm not sure if this dream happened after I went back to sleep or it had occured earlier, but I was in that unfamilar house there in the country and I was trying to get ready. I was meeting some family members in town for lunch but I kept getting interrupted. At one point, the clock read 1:38 pm but I had to be there at 2pm and I had not even showered or shaved yet. I didn't know how to get in touch with them to let them know I would be late.



The other dream I had was about fighting some kind of aliens. I'm not sure if this dream happened before the one I wrote about above or if it happened later. In this dream, I am still in the Navy, but I am wearing some kind of camoflauge uniform, maybe army or marines. These aliens have invaded a subway and there are a lot of travelers around in danger. I am about to drop from exhaustion after 36 hours of fighting, we have been retreating and I am separated from the other soldiers. I am carrying two heavy packs, trying to find another unit to group up with, with passengers stream through the facility, they are even getting on the trains as some of them are still coming through. I have lost my rifle somewhere. I still have plenty of ammo, but I can't find a rifle. A woman at a coffee kisok says something to me that I don't remember, she has dried blood on her hands as she is preparing coffee. Then I am outside and I have found an armory where I get another rifle. I start heading back to the subway. A woman drives up in a car and asks me if I am who she thinks I am. But I can't remember seeing her actually in the car, all I can remember is seeing her buried in the dirt with only her talking face exposed. That is all I remember.

{{{{{










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:55:07


Klaatu: This is it. Stop here.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 09/17/08 4:44 PM
I pondered over that dream for a while because I wondered about that broken telephone. I wondered why the broken electrical leads were so clear to me in that dream. I cannot remember what happened to the telephone but it was an old style, or so it seemed because of details I cannot remember, although I am not certain it was a rotary dial, but I remember something about how I was talking on it to someone named Tom and I think it fell off the wall or perhaps a table and it broke into several pieces. I was looking down at it on the floor and I noted the two electrical leads that were exposed and I wondered why I noted that in the dream. The phone still seemed to work though and I could hear the other person talking but I don't think the conversation was of any real consequence.

At some point, I looked outside the window of the house and along with other observations during what seemed to be the end of the dream, I saw green grass on a small rise of the ground of the yard.

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/07/09 10:02 AM
The room I was in resembled my memory of the spare bedroom I had in that apartment


But yet, the flashes of light reflecting off the wall are consistent

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 09/19/09 12:10 PM
Spooky. At least it is to me, I guess. I looked through a window a few days ago and I thought to myself that it reminded me, in terms of the layout of the ground, of that dream I wrote about. I wrote of how I saw a very bright flash on the wall of my apartment through the window which was followed by another very bright light. I looked through the window and I could see a small hill directly outside my window that had green grass on it

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256303/

"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"

Collateral Damage (2008)

Original Air Date: 11 November 2008 (Season 6, Episode 7)

Plot: A bank at Quantico is robbed. As the team investigates they find that money may not have been the main objective. They must determine what the robbers were really after. Gibbs is asked to evaluate a new agent by the Director.

Rey Valentin ... Dwayne Wilson



http://www.tv.com/ncis/collateral-damage/episode/1235871/trivia.html

NCIS

Season 6, Episode 7

Collateral Damage

Air Date

Tuesday November 11, 2008

Quotes

Tony: So why an NCIS agent?

Wilson: To protect and serve my country.

(Tony laughs)

Tony: Come on. Dwayne, I'm trained in the art of extracting the truth. You can't snow me.

Wilson: I can't?

Tony: No. You can't.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Release Date: 12 December 2008 (USA)










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:01:12


Klaatu: I need to get back to the city.

Dr. Helen Benson: Not until you tell me what's going on.

Jacob Benson: Did you do that?

Klaatu: Yes.

Dr. Helen Benson: Jacob, get in the car.

Jacob Benson: He's one of them.

Dr. Helen Benson: Please, get in the car.

Klaatu: Get in the car.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:44:53


Dr. Helen Benson [telephone]: Hello?

Transit police officer: Dr. Helen Benson?

Dr. Helen Benson: Yes.

Transit police officer: I'm calling from Newark Penn Station. We've got your patient here.

Dr. Helen Benson: Oh. Um, sorry. I think there's been a mistake. Um, I'm not that kind of doctor.

Transit police officer: Hold - hold on for a second. He says you got his medicine.










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Toy Soldiers"

February 18, 1996

Episode 16 DVD:

00:27:12


Private West: Sir, there's been no prior intelligence mission in this area.

2LT James Herrick: I know. We're it. We're just adding a little initiative.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


The front door is now surrounded with flowers and wreaths. Once again the doorbell rings, and Marge answers it.

Marge: A tombstone?!

Patty: It came with the burial plot, but that's not important: the important thing is, Homer's dead.

Selma: We've been saving for this since your wedding day.

Marge: Get out of here, you ghouls! [shuts door] Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi. [the power goes off] Huh? [Marge goes to window, sees a man cutting the lines] Uh, excuse me! Sir? I think there's been a mistake.

Workman: Oh, no, no mistake. Your electricity's in the name of Homer J. Simpson, deceased. The juice stays off until you get a job or a generator. Oh, and, uh, my deepest sympathies. [Marge shuts the window and grunts]

Marge: Homer?

Homer: [walking in] That's my name.

Marge: When I asked you if that dummy was to fake your own death, you told me no. You go downtown first thing in the morning and straighten this out.

Lisa: {Mom! Dad! Bart ran into a doorframe and bit his tongue.}

Bart: {[lisping] What the hell's going on heah?}

-- It's just Homer faking his own death again, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes off to the Springfield Hall of Records to talk to the bureaucrats.

Homer: Listen here: my name is Homer J. Simpson. You guys think I'm dead, but I'm not. Now I want you to straighten this out without a lot of your bureaucratic red tape and mumbo-jumbo!

Bureaucrat: [typing] OK, Mr. Simpson, I'll just make the change here... and you're all set.

Homer: I don't like your attitude, you water-cooler dictator. What do you have in that secret government file anyway? I have a right to read it.

Bureaucrat: [spinning monitor around] You sure do.

Homer: [reading] "Wife: Marjorie. Children: Bartholomew, Lisa" -- aha! See? This thing is all screwed up! Who the heck is Margaret Simpson?

Bureaucrat: Uh, your youngest daughter.

Homer: [mocking] "Uh, your youngest daughter". Well how about this? This thing says my mother's still alive; she died when I was a kid! [goes to window] See that stone angel up there? That's my mother's grave. My dad points it out every time we drive by.

Bureaucrat: Mr. Simpson, uh...maybe you should actually go up there.

-- A new idea, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes up and brushes the foliage out of the way of the inscription on the tombstone.

Homer: Mom, I'm sorry I never come to see you. I'm just not a cemetery person. "Here lies" -- Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! [kicking grave] I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman!