Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Squirrels




}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sat, May 27, 2006 6:24:22 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006


That day I remember getting into the middle of a swamp with snakes dropping out of trees all around me must be from some battle. They were everywhere. I had seen plenty of snakes in my day, usally lying right in front of my path, but this one day was just insane. This one place I used to go squirrel, down in this heavily wooded creek in a valley was just crazy with snakes, but the squirrel hunting was the best around. I figured that was probably why the hunting was so good, because no one wanted to get in there with the snakes. Anyway, there at the end of that really bad day, I had to cross over this submerged wooden bridge. I couldn't even see the bridge because the water was so dark. I could just see myself dropping through the bridge into the water below, where it was writhing with snakes. The snakes represent either, or both, AAA flak or missiles. Marginally, there is some symbolism with Sidewinders, but these were cottonmouths. Maybe that is the distinction, they were just as deadly as Sidewinders, but were a different type.

There was good hunting in the front yard, they were red squirrels and I enjoyed those the most, but there wasn't many of them and that section of woods wasn't very expansive. In the back yard, with the creek and valley, there was a lot of room to explore, but there was only gray squirrels back there.

It was in the woods in front of the house that I figured out that if I swept away the leaves from a small area where my feet which be, I wouldn't have to wait as long for the red squirrels to start moving again. Before that, they always heard my feet rustling the leaves and wouldn't move.

Sometimes I would see a squirrel, gray I think, hopping around the tree in our front yard, but they usually stayed away.

We used to go to Sonic every day for lunch when I was in high school.

Damn. I killed a lot of squirrels. And I mean a LOT. Countless. I remember bringing home one day 6 of those red squirrels and there is something else in my memory that I just can't quite remember. The word 'special' comes to mind but I don't want to use it.


That memory of kissing Becky in my truck. There was one maybe two smoke trails rising up behind the truck and I was annoyed seeing the smoke. I can still see that in my mind, but I can almost see something else too, I can almost see the reality. They replaced my memories of reality with other images with the same symmetry.

{{{{{










}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE: (undated)

I was standing there at my assigned spot listening to the dogs barking, knowing that something was going to happen in front of me. Micheal was off to my left a pretty good ways. I remember worrying a lot about that later because I remember thinking how stupid we were for not establishing rules on what to do if a deer jumped out in between us which was very likely. We were on that underground natural gas pipeline and I wasn't too far from where I got my red Ford stuck that time, although that incident happened much later I think. That corridor through the trees represents a specific place or maybe it symbolizes certain conditions or circumstances. Anyway, the 9 point glided in to my view from the right and then just stopped in front of me. I fired three times at it but missed. I'm not sure if those missed rounds actually represent misses or if it represents lack of discipline during combat. For the fourth round, I gave up on using the scope, which was unnecessary really, and switched to iron sights and nailed it. It jumped up slightly into the air and then dropped, shifted, a little bit to my left. Denzil commented on what a good shot it had been.

I think deers represent anything I got up close and personal too. In that case, unlike a lot of others, the deer just stood there and looked at me. That means it was probably something stationary. The other targets had legs that they used as soon as they saw my gun up close. The squirrels, thinking of first impressions, represent distance targets, not unlike distant aircraft, that are small, fast, elusive. There was also something about their eyes, as in they had better peripheral vision. They could see something just as well out of the corner of their eyes as I could see something staring directly at it.

Damn, the foot pedals. There was that time I was building foot pedals to operate aircraft games on my Commodore.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/24/08 12:40 AM
I was just dreaming about a television movie about the 9/11/2001 attacks that featured Hal Holbrook as one of the actors. I wish I could remember everything I was thinking about as I was watching that movie in my dream, although I do not actually remember a lot of detail about the movie. I remember there was a lot of scenes about the U.S. Navy. I also remember that a lot of the scenes were filmed in locations that I remember from my locations during that timeframe, such as the Burke-Gilman Trail, which were just trivial details, or so it would seem to the casual viewer. But to me, it meaned something else that was important. There was something else in that dream that I just remembered as I was writing this and I am not certain if it was related to that movie I was dreaming of, which by the way is strange because I just looked up the credits for Hal Holbrook and I do not see any credits for anything on 9/11. Anyway, I was the pilot of an F-14 Tomcat and I can visualize certain details about flying at night and I was searching for two other fighter jets that turned out to be hostile. I can visualize communicating with my RIO and of the tactics I was using to find the other fighter jets. There was something about how the Hawkeye radar aircraft was silent because the enemy fighters were after it so I had to use my own radar as something as a flashlight

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_11

Flight of the Intruder


:11:36
You need any help,
Mr. Grafton?

:11:37
We thought you might want
to talk or something.

:11:38
Oh, I'm fine.
Thanks, Chief.

:11:39
So Jake, how'd you guys do?

:11:41
I mean, you know,
before it happened.

:11:43
Trees.