Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oxygen




"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Who Monitors the Birds?"

January 7, 1996

Episode 12 DVD:

00:00:02


1LT Cooper Hawkes: In the year 2027 the government started the InVitro Program trying to create a new breed of soldier. InVitros are artificially-gestated humans. They call us "Tanks." We're born at 18 years old. My name's Cooper Hawkes. I was born six years ago. Now, it's 2064. Earth is at war with an advanced alien enemy. My squadron is called the Wild Cards - the 58th.










http://www.cswap.com/1980/The_Final_Countdown/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_33

The Final Countdown


:33:37
Let's get some air.

:33:40
Captain's off the Bridge.

:33:44
I don't know.

:33:48
Dan, what's this all about?
What do you make of it?

:33:52
Nostalgia broadcasting
on the Armed Forces band.

:33:55
Broadcasting
after a strike? Nah.

:33:58
Excuse me.

:34:02
Sir, is it possible that this could be
part of some secret naval maneuver?

:34:06
- Course not.
- There are a few people

:34:09
- who'd like to watch us work under pressure.
- What are you saying, Dan?

:34:13
The Department of Defense sent
him out here.

:34:15
Maybe they wanted
to give him something to watch.

:34:17
Now, that makes more sense
than anything else so far.

:34:20
Now, wait a minute, gentlemen. You may
be the victims of some kind of joke.

:34:24
But whether the Pentagon's
behind it

:34:25
or the Kremlin
or some little green men from Mars

:34:28
I promise you, I'm as much
in the dark about it as you are.










http://www.cswap.com/1980/The_Final_Countdown/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_29

The Final Countdown


:29:01
Which, translated
into world terms

:29:04
means a worldwide reduction
of armaments

:29:09
to such a point
and in such a thorough fashion

:29:14
that no nation
will be in a position

:29:18
to commit an act
of physical aggression

:29:20
against any neighbor anywhere

:29:24
in the world.

:29:26
What the hell's the matter with him?

:29:28
He's asking us to trust our enemies,
and he knows better.

:29:30
You're absolutely right.

:29:41
Hey, Laurel,
you finished that very quickly.

:29:43
Well, I hope so. Let's see,
where were we? Uhh...

:29:49
"And there"...Oops.
"And therefore"...Ah, here we are.

:29:52
"So if he does choose
to support my program

:29:55
let Senator Chapman
be assured now

:29:57
that I am fully aware
of those qualities in him

:29:59
which recommend him
as cabinet material."

:30:03
I think that says it exactly.
You agree, Arthur?

:30:06
- Miss Scott, you should've been a diplomat.
- I rather thought I was.

:30:10
Well, you certainly cooked up
a compromise that's gonna make your boss

:30:13
the next vice president
of the United States.










From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 12/11/1997 ( by authority of my discovery by my physical presence at Jupiter moon Callisto in 1976 I approve this date as the official announcement that the Jupiter moon Callisto has oxygen at its surface ) is: 6718 days

6718 = 3359 + 3359

'33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 12/11/1997 ( by authority of my discovery by my physical presence at Jupiter moon Callisto in 1976 I approve this date as the official announcement that the Jupiter moon Callisto has oxygen at its surface ) is: 8075 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 8075 days


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/12/971211074040.htm

Oxygen Discovered At Callisto's Surface, Sulfur Dioxide Sources At Io

ScienceDaily (Dec. 11, 1997) — New data from a University of Colorado at Boulder instrument on board the Galileo spacecraft now at Jupiter indicates one of its four large moons, Callisto, has oxygen on its surface










http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Object=Jup_Callisto

Jupiter: Moons: Callisto

With a diameter of over 4,800 km (2,985 miles), Callisto is the third largest satellite in the solar system and is almost the size of Mercury. Callisto is the outermost of the Galilean satellites, and orbits beyonds Jupiter's main radiation belts.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisto_%28moon%29

Callisto (moon)

Callisto is a moon of the planet Jupiter, discovered in 1610 by Galileo Galilei. It is the third-largest moon in the Solar System and the second largest in the Jovian system, after Ganymede. Callisto has about 99% the diameter of the planet Mercury










http://www.tv.com/stargate-universe/water/episode/1247351/recap.html

tv.com

Stargate Universe

Season 1, Episode 6

Water

Air Date

Friday October 30, 2009


Park checks the suits and explains that they are not in great shape but they're all they have until they get the third one repaired. Scott arrives and Young tells him that they'll be going to the planet. He puts Johansen in command and they open a wormhole to the planet. They have enough air for only eight hours and the ship will depart in 11 hours. Scott and Young go through the Stargate and test the ice around the arrival site, but it's highly toxic.










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_25

Flight of the Intruder


:26:10
But are the girls clean?

:26:12
Clean?

:26:14
You afraid of a few bugs, son?










From 2/22/1976 ( my Orion space ship and I survived a catastrophic collision with a meteor and I decide to continue my mission as planned to divert Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) To 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) is 417 days

From 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) To 6/5/1978 ( premiere US film "Damien: Omen II" ) is 417 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077394/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Damien: Omen II (1978)

USA 5 June 1978 (Chicago, Illinois) (premiere)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077394/taglines

Taglines for

Damien: Omen II (1978)


The first time was only a warning.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111281/

"Star Trek: The Next Generation"

All Good Things... (1994)

Original Air Date: 21 May 1994 (Season 7, Episode 25)

Tagline: The Final Episode

Plot: Capt. Picard finds himself shifting continually into the past, future and present and must use that to discover a threat to humanity's existence.



http://www.tv.com/star-trek-the-next-generation/all-good-things...-1/episode/19163/trivia.html

tv.com

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season 7, Episode 25

All Good Things... (1)

Quotes


Q: Humanity's fate has been sealed. You will be destroyed.

Picard: Q, I do not believe even you are capable of such an act.

Q: 'I'? There you go again always blaming me for everything. Well, this time, I'm not your enemy. I'm not the one that causes the annihilation of mankind. You are.

Picard: Me?

Q: That's right. You're doing it right now. You did it before and you'll do it yet again.

Picard: What sort of meaningless double-talk is this?

Q: He doesn't understand! I have only myself to blame, I suppose. I believed in you. I thought you had potential. May whatever God you believe in have mercy on your souls. This Court stands adjourned.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/lostforwords.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Lost For Words"

I was spending my time in the doldrums
I was caught in the cauldron of hate
I felt persecuted and paralyzed
I thought that everything else would just wait
While you are wasting your time on your enemies
Engulfed in a fever of spite
Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades
Like shadows into the night

To martyr yourself to caution
Is not going to help at all
Because there'll be no safety in numbers
When the Right One walks out of the door










From 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 3/30/1994 ( Pink Floyd "The Division Bell" ) is: 6478 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6478 days



From 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) to 3/30/1994 ( Pink Floyd "The Division Bell" ) is: 4735 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) is: 4735 days



From 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) to 3/30/1994 ( Pink Floyd "The Division Bell" ) is: 6480 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/28/1976 ( I launched from Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is: 6480 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Division_Bell

The Division Bell

Studio album by Pink Floyd

Released

30 March 1994 (UK)
5 April 1994 (U.S.)

The Division Bell is the final studio album by Pink Floyd, released in 1994 (30 March in the United Kingdom and 5 April in the United States)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111281/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Star Trek: The Next Generation"

All Good Things... (1994)


Lt. Cmdr. Data: I think I know what the captain is talking about. If I'm not mistaken, he's describing a paradox.

Capt. Picard: Yes, right, that's it.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)


[as the Nazis are opening the Ark]

Indiana: Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!










From 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) To 12/20/1978 ( premiere US film "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" ) is 3439 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 12/14/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is 3439 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077745/

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Release Date: 20 December 1978 (USA)





1978 film "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" DVD movie:

00:23:57


Elizabeth: I keep seeing these people. All recognizing each other. Something's passing between them all, some secret. It's a conspiracy, and I know it.

Matthew: There can't be a conspiracy.

Elizabeth: Matthew, I'm telling you, something's going on here. Something that scares me. I tried to see Geoffrey today to talk to him. He's always in his office in the morning. It was really weird. Geoffrey was meeting all sorts of strange people. Things were being passed between them.

Matthew: And none of them were people you knew?

Elizabeth: I didn't know any of them.

Matthew: Well, maybe they were patients of Geoffrey's.

Elizabeth: Oh, no, no, Matthew. I know they weren't. I followed him all day from one end of town to the other. And everywhere he went, he had these meetings with strange people. I felt so stupid sneaking around, spying on him, but I can't talk to him. What can I do?

Matthew: Okay. Well, Kibner will be able to explain something.

Elizabeth: I don't need a psychiatrist.

Matthew: Just forget that he's a psychiatrist. Just think of him as a very intelligent man, which is what he is. It's a book party. He's a celebrity. He's very famous. And you'll really like him if you just forget that you think he's a psychiatrist.

Elizabeth: I don't know. I don't know. Matthew, I've lived in this city all my life. But somehow, today, I felt everything had changed. People were different. Not just Geoffrey, but everybody. Yesterday it all seemed normal. Today, everything seemed the same, but it wasn't.










http://www.tv.com/video/21778/The+Outer+Limits%3A+The+Outer+Limits+-+Final+Exam

The Outer Limits

The Outer Limits - Lithia

A man who was cryogenically frozen awakens in a world populated only by women.


00:00:00

Ariel: And it came to pass that the men of the Earth could not make peace among themselves and so took up arms against one another. The fires of hatred rained down upon the land laying waste to all that was good and gentle. Those who survived saw death and destruction all around. And it was called - what? Hmm? Phoebe?

Phoebe: The Great War.


00:04:13

Hera: What is your name?

Major Jason Mercer: Well, that's a good question.

Hera: You don't know your name?

Major Jason Mercer: Well, I'm just a little bit foggy. I've been in deep cryo.

Sarah: You were... frozen?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 9:47:31 PM

Subject: time capsule


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=time%20capsule

time capsule

container for preserving historical records to be discovered at some future time

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111281/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Star Trek: The Next Generation"

All Good Things... (1994)


Capt. Picard: [Q gave Picard the chance to ask ten yes/no questions] Is it part of a Romulan plot? A ploy to start a war?

Q: No and no.

[crowd jeers]

Q: *Five* down!

Capt. Picard: That's only four.

Q: 'Is it a Romulan plot? Is it a ploy to start a war?' Those are *separate* questions.

Capt. Picard: Did you create the anomaly?

Q: No, no, no,

[laughing]

Q: you're going to be so surprised when you realize where it came from...

Q: if you ever figure it out.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519749/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Battlestar Galactica"

Saga of a Star World (1978)


President Adar: How could I have been so completely wrong? I have led the entire human race to ruin.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1394938/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"SGU Stargate Universe"

Time (2009)

Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_evolution

Oxygen evolution

Oxygen evolution is the process of generating molecular oxygen through chemical reaction. Mechanisms of oxygen evolution include the photolysis of water during oxygenic photosynthesis, electrolysis of water into oxygen and hydrogen, and electrocatalytic oxygen evolution from oxides and oxoacids.


Oxygen evolution occurs as a byproduct of hydrogen production via electrolysis of water. While oxygen production is not the main focus of industrial applications of water electrolysis, it becomes essential for life support systems in situations that require the generation of oxygen for air revitalization. Human exploration of regions that lack breathable oxygen, such as the deep sea or outer space, requires means of reliably generating oxygen apart from earth's atmosphere. Submarines and spacecraft utilize either an electrolytic mechanism (water or solid oxide electrolysis) or chemical oxygen generators as part of their life support equipment.










From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 3/13/1978 ( United States Department of the Army Order 31-3 General Of The Armies applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 470 days

From 3/13/1978 ( United States Department of the Army Order 31-3 General Of The Armies applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) to 6/26/1979 ( premiere UK film "Moonraker" ) is: 470 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079574/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Moonraker (1979)

UK 26 June 1979 (London) (premiere)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079574/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Moonraker (1979)


Hugo Drax: Mr. Bond, you persist in defying my efforts to provide an amusing death for you.