Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Space: Above And Beyond" "...Tell Our Moms We Done Our Best" (1996)




"Space: Above And Beyond"

"...Tell Our Moms We Done Our Best"

June 2, 1996

Episode 23 DVD:

00:17:25


Commodore Ross: Colonel, the lab coats tell me because of this cold my attendance at the peace talks could potentially endanger the enemy. My request of Admiral Stenner, who remains furious, is that you attend as representative of the Saratoga. He acquiesced, pending your physical and a green light from the docs.

Lt. Colonel T.C. McQueen: I'd be proud, sir.

Commodore Ross: My whole life, I have dreamed of being a part of such an historic occasion and now, to be sidelined because of a damn cold.

Lt. Colonel T.C. McQueen: Get some rest, sir.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cake/shortskirtlongjacket.html

CAKE LYRICS

"Short Skirt / Long Jacket"

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
Who's fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's playing with her jewelry
She's putting up her hair
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who used a machette to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation
I want a girl with good dividends
And at the city bank we will meet accidentally
We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen

She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest
She wants a car that will get her there
She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen
She's trading her MG for a white Chrysler La Baron

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_Eagle

Comfort Eagle

Studio album by CAKE

Released July 24, 2001

Track listing

1."Opera Singer"
2."Meanwhile, Rick James..."
3."Shadow Stabbing"
4."Short Skirt/Long Jacket"
5."Commissioning a Symphony in C"
6."Arco Arena"
7."Comfort Eagle"
8."Long Line of Cars"
9."Love You Madly"
10."Pretty Pink Ribbon"
11."World of Two"










From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut entering orbit of planet Earth ) to 9/19/1994 ( premiere US TV series "ER" ) is: 9474 days

9474 = 4737 + 4737

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 4737 days



From 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) to 9/19/1994 ( premiere US TV series "ER" ) is: 4524 days

4524 = 2262 + 2262

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator and U.S. Astronaut ) is: 2262 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295222/

"ER"

24 Hours (1994)

Original Air Date: 19 September 1994 (Season 1, Episode 1)

Plot Summary: Pilot for the popular TV series is set during 24 frantic hours in the lives a group of doctors