Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tombstone (1993)




http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Tombstone (1993)


Wyatt Earp: I spent my whole life not knowing what I want out of it, just chasing my tail. Now for the first time I know exactly what I want and who... that's the damnable misery of it.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


The front door is now surrounded with flowers and wreaths. Once again the doorbell rings, and Marge answers it.

Marge: A tombstone?!

Patty: It came with the burial plot, but that's not important: the important thing is, Homer's dead.

Selma: We've been saving for this since your wedding day.

Marge: Get out of here, you ghouls! [shuts door] Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi. [the power goes off] Huh? [Marge goes to window, sees a man cutting the lines] Uh, excuse me! Sir? I think there's been a mistake.

Workman: Oh, no, no mistake. Your electricity's in the name of Homer J. Simpson, deceased. The juice stays off until you get a job or a generator. Oh, and, uh, my deepest sympathies. [Marge shuts the window and grunts]

Marge: Homer?

Homer: [walking in] That's my name.

Marge: When I asked you if that dummy was to fake your own death, you told me no. You go downtown first thing in the morning and straighten this out.

Lisa: {Mom! Dad! Bart ran into a doorframe and bit his tongue.}

Bart: {[lisping] What the hell's going on heah?}

-- It's just Homer faking his own death again, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes off to the Springfield Hall of Records to talk to the bureaucrats.

Homer: Listen here: my name is Homer J. Simpson. You guys think I'm dead, but I'm not. Now I want you to straighten this out without a lot of your bureaucratic red tape and mumbo-jumbo!

Bureaucrat: [typing] OK, Mr. Simpson, I'll just make the change here... and you're all set.

Homer: I don't like your attitude, you water-cooler dictator. What do you have in that secret government file anyway? I have a right to read it.

Bureaucrat: [spinning monitor around] You sure do.

Homer: [reading] "Wife: Marjorie. Children: Bartholomew, Lisa" -- aha! See? This thing is all screwed up! Who the heck is Margaret Simpson?

Bureaucrat: Uh, your youngest daughter.

Homer: [mocking] "Uh, your youngest daughter". Well how about this? This thing says my mother's still alive; she died when I was a kid! [goes to window] See that stone angel up there? That's my mother's grave. My dad points it out every time we drive by.

Bureaucrat: Mr. Simpson, uh...maybe you should actually go up there.

-- A new idea, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes up and brushes the foliage out of the way of the inscription on the tombstone.

Homer: Mom, I'm sorry I never come to see you. I'm just not a cemetery person. "Here lies" -- Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! [kicking grave] I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman!










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Toy Soldiers"

February 18, 1996

Episode 16 DVD:

00:27:12


Private West: Sir, there's been no prior intelligence mission in this area.

2LT James Herrick: I know. We're it. We're just adding a little initiative.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119925/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Postman (1997)


The Postman: Tell me something: how much mail can a dead Postman deliver?










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Tombstone (1993)


Doc Holliday: What do you want Wyatt?

Wyatt Earp: Just to live a normal life.

Doc Holliday: There is no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life, ya live it.

Wyatt Earp: I don't know how.

Doc Holliday: Sure ya do, say goodbye to me, go grab that spirited actress and make her your own. Take that spirit from her and don't look back. Live every second, live right on through to the end. Live Wyatt, live for me. Wyatt, if you were ever my friend... if ya ever had even the slightest of feelin' for me, leave now, leave now... please.

Wyatt Earp: Thanks for always being there, Doc.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chevron

chevron


a pattern consisting of adjoining vertical rows of slanting lines, any two contiguous lines forming either a V or an inverted V










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 3:57 AM

How long have you called me "Buster"?

I find it rather endearing, actually, if it is something you have done for a long time.

{{{{{



}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 9:54 AM

It just makes no sense to me why we have to spend another lousy minute apart.

{{{{{










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster

Buster

Buster may refer to:


Buster, a fighter pilot brevity code signaling an aircraft to use maximum continuous power