Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"The Simpsons" - "Mother Simpson" (1995)




2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:54:34


United States National Security Agency Task Force FISA warrant surveillance of police radio communications: "Nine One One. What's your emergency?"... "The escaped convict they showed on the news, I just saw the guy at the gas station"... "Can you describe him?"... "He was in a little car"... "Nine One One. What is your emergency"... "I just saw that wanted man over by the McDonalds"... "Can you give me a description of the car?"... "A silver four-door with a woman and a kid"... "I need three units to look for a silver Honda near Ochada orchard"... "Unit One responding"...


00:55:07

Klaatu: This is it. Stop here.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Grandma: You awful, awful man! Get out of my son's grave.

Homer: I hate to rain on your parade, Lady, but this is _my_ grave -- hey, wait a minute. Mom?

Grandma: Homer?

[they look at each other]

Homer: I thought you were dead!

Grandma: I thought _you_ were dead!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256303/

"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"

Collateral Damage (2008)

Original Air Date: 11 November 2008 (Season 6, Episode 7)

Plot: A bank at Quantico is robbed. As the team investigates they find that money may not have been the main objective. They must determine what the robbers were really after. Gibbs is asked to evaluate a new agent by the Director.

Rey Valentin ... Dwayne Wilson



http://www.tv.com/ncis/collateral-damage/episode/1235871/trivia.html

NCIS

Season 6, Episode 7

Collateral Damage

Air Date

Tuesday November 11, 2008

Quotes

Tony: So why an NCIS agent?

Wilson: To protect and serve my country.

(Tony laughs)

Tony: Come on. Dwayne, I'm trained in the art of extracting the truth. You can't snow me.

Wilson: I can't?

Tony: No. You can't.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


The front door is now surrounded with flowers and wreaths. Once again the doorbell rings, and Marge answers it.

Marge: A tombstone?!

Patty: It came with the burial plot, but that's not important: the important thing is, Homer's dead.

Selma: We've been saving for this since your wedding day.

Marge: Get out of here, you ghouls! [shuts door] Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi. [the power goes off] Huh? [Marge goes to window, sees a man cutting the lines] Uh, excuse me! Sir? I think there's been a mistake.

Workman: Oh, no, no mistake. Your electricity's in the name of Homer J. Simpson, deceased. The juice stays off until you get a job or a generator. Oh, and, uh, my deepest sympathies. [Marge shuts the window and grunts]

Marge: Homer?

Homer: [walking in] That's my name.

Marge: When I asked you if that dummy was to fake your own death, you told me no. You go downtown first thing in the morning and straighten this out.

Lisa: {Mom! Dad! Bart ran into a doorframe and bit his tongue.}

Bart: {[lisping] What the hell's going on heah?}

-- It's just Homer faking his own death again, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes off to the Springfield Hall of Records to talk to the bureaucrats.

Homer: Listen here: my name is Homer J. Simpson. You guys think I'm dead, but I'm not. Now I want you to straighten this out without a lot of your bureaucratic red tape and mumbo-jumbo!

Bureaucrat: [typing] OK, Mr. Simpson, I'll just make the change here... and you're all set.

Homer: I don't like your attitude, you water-cooler dictator. What do you have in that secret government file anyway? I have a right to read it.

Bureaucrat: [spinning monitor around] You sure do.

Homer: [reading] "Wife: Marjorie. Children: Bartholomew, Lisa" -- aha! See? This thing is all screwed up! Who the heck is Margaret Simpson?

Bureaucrat: Uh, your youngest daughter.

Homer: [mocking] "Uh, your youngest daughter". Well how about this? This thing says my mother's still alive; she died when I was a kid! [goes to window] See that stone angel up there? That's my mother's grave. My dad points it out every time we drive by.

Bureaucrat: Mr. Simpson, uh...maybe you should actually go up there.

-- A new idea, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes up and brushes the foliage out of the way of the inscription on the tombstone.

Homer: Mom, I'm sorry I never come to see you. I'm just not a cemetery person. "Here lies" -- Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! [kicking grave] I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman!










http://www.lost-tv.com/transcripts/Pilot_Lost.htm

JACK [off camera at first]: We must have been at about 40,000 feet when it happened. Hit an air pocket. Dropped, maybe, 200 feet. The turbulence was: I blacked out.

KATE: I didn't. I saw the whole thing. I knew that the tail was gone, but I couldn't bring myself to look back. And then the, the front of the plane broke off.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Lenny and Carl narrate the action.

Carl: Oh no! He's going over the falls!

Lenny: Oh good. He snagged that tree branch.

Carl: Oh no! The branch broke off!

Lenny: Oh good. He can grab onto them pointy rocks.

Carl: Oh no! Them rocks broke his arms and legs.

Lenny: Oh good. Those helpful beavers are swimming out to save him.

Carl: Oh no! They're biting him, and stealing his pants. [Homer rushes toward a dam with a giant turbine]

Smithers: Good Lord...he'll be sucked into the turbine! [Homer swirls around then gets sucked in] [the workers gasp, then bow their heads]

Burns: [rolling down window] Smithers, who was that corpse?

Smithers: Homer Simpson, Sir. [sniffs] One of the finest, bravest men ever to grace sector 7G. [sobs] [in a normal voice] I'll cross him off the list.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


In Burns' office, Joe Friday and Bill Gannon interview Burns about the incident.

Friday: Are you sure this is the woman you saw in the post office?

Burns: Absolutely! Who could forget such a monstrous visage? She has the sloping brow and cranial bumpage of the career criminal.

Smithers: Uh, Sir? Phrenology was dismissed as quackery 160 years ago.

Burns: Of course you'd say that...you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

Gannon: At any rate, the FBI will track down this mystery woman and put her behind bars. [he and Friday walk out] {How does it happen, Joe?}

Friday: {How does what happen?}

Gannon: {How does a sweet young lady mortgage her future for a bunch of scraggly ideals and greasy-haired promises?}

Friday: {Maybe she thought the war in southeast Asia was so immoral, her end justified the means.}

Gannon: {Gee, Joe, you haven't been the same since your son went crazy in Vietnam.}

Friday: {It's a pain that never ends.}










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:44:53


Dr. Helen Benson [telephone]: Hello?

Transit police officer: Dr. Helen Benson?

Dr. Helen Benson: Yes.

Transit police officer: I'm calling from Newark Penn Station. We've got your patient here.

Dr. Helen Benson: Oh. Um, sorry. I think there's been a mistake. Um, I'm not that kind of doctor.

Transit police officer: Hold - hold on for a second. He says you got his medicine.


00:45:50

Dr. Helen Benson: You know, I took a huge risk back at the hospital. Did I make a mistake? Are you a friend to us?

Klaatu: I'm a friend to the Earth.


00:46:12

Klaatu: Hello.

Jacob Benson: Hi.

Dr. Helen Benson: Okay. Now what?

Klaatu: Drive.


00:47:17

Klaatu: Turn left.










1982 film "First Blood" Ultimate Edition DVD movie:

00:59:04


National Guard soldier: Move in a little closer. Just like Iwo Jima.

Hope Sheriff Will Teasle: I don't believe it. Idiots!

National Guard soldier: Steady. Got it.

National Guard Lieutenant Clinton Morgan: All right, Nick. One more for "Soldier of Fortune."

National Guard soldier #2: "Soldier of Fortune"?

Hope Sheriff Will Teasle: Damnit, what the hell do you think this is, some kind of circus?! Get the hell out of here! Didn't you get the word, Clinton? I told you people to wait until I got up here!

National Guard Lieutenant Clinton Morgan: Well, he was shooting at us, Will. Come on, I wasn't taking any chances!

Hope Sheriff Will Teasle: Christ, what a mess. We're going to have to dig his body out of there right away.

National Guard Lieutenant Clinton Morgan: Well, I mean, you can't get a dozer up here. You're going to have to find somebody to dig him out.

Hope Sheriff Will Teasle: Well, it's your mess, Clinton, you clean it up.

National Guard Lieutenant Clinton Morgan: Will, come on! I got to be back at the drug store tomorrow!

Hope Sheriff Will Teasle: Then you better get started right away, Clinton!










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Mr. Burns mails a letter at another wicket.

Burns: Yes, I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?

Kid: Uh, I better look in the manual.

Burns: [groans] Oh, the ignorance. [sees Homer and Grandma walking out] Wait a minute, I know that woman. But from when? And in what capacity? [spies "Wanted" posted with Grandma's young picture on it] [gasps] It's her. At last!

Kid: This book must be out of date: I don't see "Prussia", "Siam", or "autogyro".

Burns: Well, keep looking! [he turns back, and she's gone]










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Toy Soldiers"

February 18, 1996

Episode 16 DVD:

00:27:12


Private West: Sir, there's been no prior intelligence mission in this area.

2LT James Herrick: I know. We're it. We're just adding a little initiative. Donovan. Eichler. Locate the control box. I'll attach a C670. West. Miller. Stay here. Keep an eye out.

Eichler: There's no control box.

Donovan: There's none over here either. There's got to be electronics.

Eichler: Wait a minute. This thing isn't even operable. It's bogus.

2LT James Herrick: What?

Eichler: You know, it's a dummy like those fake planes the British used during World War 2 to trick the Germans.

Private West: Incoming!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37238&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony for the Presidential Medal of Freedom

May 12th, 1986

The President. Well, thank you all for being here. Nancy and I want to welcome you all to the White House for this happy occasion. On days like this and at lunches like this, I find myself looking up and thinking what a wonderful job I have. We're here today to present the Medal of Freedom to seven Americans. This medal is the highest civilian honor our nation can bestow. And I've always thought it highly significant that we call it not the Medal of Talent or the Medal of Valor or the Medal of Courage or Genius but the Medal of Freedom. I think that says a lot about our values and what we honor and what we love.

Freedom is important to all of us. As someone who spent many years making speeches, I have quoted many definitions of freedom—some very moving and eloquent. But I've always liked George Orwell's blunt and unadorned statement. He said, "Freedom is the right to say no." There's something kind of happily rebellious about that definitions and I thought of it this morning because I decided this year's recipients of the Medal of Freedom are distinguished by this. You're a group of happy rebels. In your careers and in the way you have lived your lives, you've all said no—a most emphatic no—to mediocrity, to averageness, to timidity. You've said no to the rules of the game and the regulations of the day. You've said no to the conventional wisdom, no to the merely adequate, no to the limits and limitations on yourselves and others.

But it's probably true that there is little point to freedom unless it's accompanied by a big yes! And each of you has uttered a resounding Whitmanesque yes to many things—to excellence and risk and reach, to courage and the untried and the supposedly impossible. You've rebelled against the artificial and embraced the authentic. You've achieved a great deal. And your creativity itself has been life-affirming, for creation is a profoundly faithful act, an act that says, "I trust in the future, and I trust in life itself."

You're all originals. You've all made America better—a better place—and you've made it seem a better place in the eyes of the people of the world. And this today is just our way of saying thanks. And without further ado, I'm going to read the citations for the medals now and award them to the recipients.


General Matthew B. Ridgway:

When a soldier rising, sword in hand, reaches to protect an idea—freedom, liberty, human kindness—the world is, for a moment, hushed. Greatness is often born in quiet, in stillness. And so it was that night in June of 1944 when General Matthew B. Ridgway prayed the words God spoke to Joshua.. "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." D-day saved a continent, and so, a world. And Ridgway helped save D-day. Heroes come when they're needed; great men step forward when courage seems in short supply. World War II was such a time. And there was Ridgway.