Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In flight refueling




That was about the stress of flying aircraft at night. I can still visualize from the dream that the headlights cast light only about two feet, I would guess, ahead of the car on the road and that has got to be memory of my aircraft's anti-collision lights and probably before I shut them off while flying through a cloud.

Last night before falling asleep again I wondered if that dream was memory of me flying right seat in an US Navy EA-6 Prowler and that could be true because I remember there were more than two people in the car but then I decided that was not all of the reason for that dream. The reason I saw the gas station on my right side and then the two women with the coffee pot is because I was sitting in the front seat of a US Navy F-14 Tomcat and the Tomcat's refueling probe is mounted on the right side of the fuselage and then it extends out of the fuselage and out away from the fuselage in order for the pilot to connect to the refueling drogue. That must be the reason for the coffee pot. The coffee pot was the drogue from the refueling aircraft. The two women must have been the crew of the aircraft and the reason they seemed vaguely familiar is because that detail in the dream consisted of an actual memory of me visualising the crew of the refueling aircraft that I was talking to over the radio. I never did visualize those other people in the car with me in the dream and I feel confident they were the crew of other aircraft and probably my crew in the backseat of my aircraft.

I am not certain why I saw my arm extend out of the right side window and pour out the cold coffee because I wondered if that was actually me looking out the right side of my aircraft and looking at one of the wings. That is consistent the detail that I saw my arm extended out the window. More likely though is that I was again seeing the refueling probe of my US Navy F-14 Tomcat as I was refueling.

Seeing the water on either side of the road is probably about me lining up my aircraft to land at night on a US Navy aircraft carrier which can stressful at any time.