Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Naval Criminal what?"




"That was really real."










Damnit. I cannot remember another reference I made a while back that I think is the basis for the dialog that I think is referring to that reference and is much of the basis for one of the interns and because he resembles the person I referred.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP006819110172&sid=20290&sn=KIRODT&st=201009282000&cn=107

excite

NCIS (New)

107 KIRODT: Tuesday, September 28 8:00 PM

Crime drama, Action, Adventure, Mystery

Worst Nightmare

A girl's kidnapping turns into something bigger when her grandfather complicates the investigation.

Cast: Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Cote De Pablo, David McCallum, Pauley Perrette, Sean Murray, Rocky Carroll Director(s): Tony Wharmby Executive Producer(s): Donald P. Bellisario

Original Air Date: Sep 28, 2010










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bill Gates: The Worst Of The Worst


http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/0301/058_print.html

Image Enhancement

Bruce Upbin, 03.01.04

Who owns the right to put a famous photo on a Web site? Chances are it's a famous rich guy named Bill Gates

Bill Gates' grand scheme to license the world's art masterpieces and have them flash onto wall monitors in people's living rooms fizzled. But it looks as if he's going to make a pretty penny selling images after all--mostly images used by publishers and advertisers.

In November one of the world's biggest banks kicked off a major ad campaign in Asia, touting its ability to work closely with its richest clients. It wanted photos of famous partners in exploration:the Apollo 11 crew of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins, and Sir Edmund Hillary and his Sherpa guide, Tenzing Norgay. So it turned to Corbis Inc., the world's second-largest image-licensing company, wholly owned by Gates.

Corbis had photos of these notables, which the bank could license for $18,000, but there was a hitch negotiating the celebrities' publicity rights:Armstrong was asking so much extra that the photography cost of the campaign would have been an astronomical $1.5 million. The client was ready to walk away, but Corbis' crafty rights negotiators suggested cropping out Armstrong altogether. That helped knock down the publicity rights fees to $185,000. Done.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 January 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/24/07 1:20 AM


http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/creedence_clearwater_revival/bad_moon_rising.html

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL lyrics - "Bad Moon Rising"

I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.
Chorus:
Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Chorus
All right!

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Chorus
Chorus

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/24/07 3:52 AM
I find myself thinking of some "memories" of when I was assigned to the USS Wainwright. The ship had left port for a short regional deployment and I stayed back because I had a medical appointment on base. Or something like that. Not really sure why I didn't leave with the ship but it was because of some appointment on base. After that appointment, there was a period before the ship was due back when I was assigned to work in an office there on base. I liked the assignment because I had to wear my dress uniform and I liked that because I got to wear all my ribbons. I didn't have any ribbons until we were in the Persian Gulf and so most of my ribbons were from that Operation Praying Mantis combat engagement. There were two other petty officers in the office; they might have been CPO's, but maybe Petty Officer First Class's. They didn't really have any work for me to do in there so they had me crumpling up pages of documents that were going into a burn bag because they were classified. They told me to take my time and pace myself because they didn't have any other work for me but I "remember" that I went through all the documents too soon and then didn't have anything to do. But then I was watching one of them typing up some regular report on a computer and he didn't know how to touch type so I volunteered to type it for him. I think the word processor was Gemstar. He told me I had saved him a lot of time. I had to leave and report back to the Wainwright the next day I think.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/24/07 5:00 PM
I have been thinking that on at least two occasions, I snuck into President Reagan's quarters at Camp David to assess the effectiveness of his U.S. Secret Service protection. I think that experience is reflected in what I wrote about the officer on the Taylor telling me about when he worked at the White House and had to wake up Reagan one night to give him a message. Another clue I wrote about was of coming home to Hicks Road on leave and Thedia telling me I should wake them up when I arrive late at night so they'll know I am there in case of a fire. I think what that represents is that I snuck in the first time and fell asleep on his couch and he woke me up the next morning. I did that to show how long I had been in there without anyone finding me. The next time, I went into their bedroom and woke him up and told him I had got past his protection detail again. He raised hell with the Secret Service and I was certainly not popular with the Secret Service after that.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_B._Cates

Clifton B. Cates

General Clifton Bledsoe Cates (August 31, 1893–June 4, 1970), USMC, was the 19th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps (served January 1, 1948 - December 31, 1951) . He was honored for his heroism during World War I at Belleau Wood and in World War II for inspired combat leadership at Iwo Jima.


World War II

Colonel Cates led the 1st Marine Regiment at Guadalcanal, for which he was awarded the Legion of Merit with Combat “V". He then took command of the 4th Marine Division in the Marianas operation, the Tinian campaign and the seizure of Iwo Jima.










"most telling"










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, October 21, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 2:39 PM


In the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, I can "remember" Tracie Rhodes wanting me to ask her father, Joseph, for permission to marry her. Tracie's birthday, in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, was July 16th. We met when she started working at the First Federal bank in Greenville, although she worked at the branches in Clemson, South Carolina, which is home to the Clemson Tigers. I lived nearby in Central, South Carolina, off Issaqueena Trail, before I moved to Country Club Estates in Greer, South Carolina. Her job was to restock the ATM machines with cash while my job was to repair the machines if they broke down. She would call me out if any repairs were needed. Her mother was named Betty, same as my grandmother. Joseph was also the name of my father


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 October 2007 excerpt ends]










"I have regrets"