Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In our own backyards.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011583610027&sid=20290&sn=KIRODT&st=201009282100&cn=107

excite

NCIS: Los Angeles (New)

107 KIRODT: Tuesday, September 28 9:00 PM

Crime drama, Action, Adventure, Mystery

Borderline

Kensi and Deeks search for three Marines who go missing after an ambush; Nate returns from his mysterious assignment.

Cast: Chris O'Donnell, LL Cool J, Linda Hunt, Barrett Foa, Peter Cambor, Daniela Ruah, Eric Christian Olsen Director(s): Terrence O'Hara Executive Producer(s): Shane Brennan, R. Scott Gemmill

Original Air Date: Sep 28, 2010










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/18/10 12:35 AM
Watching again now on DVD the 2008 film "The Day The Earth Stood Still" the scene of the sphere in the desert with the scorpion crawling towards the sphere reminds me of a recent dream where I saw one or more than one scorpion crawling along the embankment of a dirt road I was traveling on. I think that was the dream I had just before I awoke the last time in the past day and the scene with the scorpion(s) would have been towards the end of the dream. I am not certain why the detail would be important but I think of the dream again now as I watch this DVD. I puzzled over that dream because I could not understand why the road ended, which seemed to be the actual point when I awoke. If I had written down what I remembered of the dream when I woke up then I probably would have noted why I was on that dirt road, or least more details about why I was there can I can now recall. I seemed to be alone but there also seemed to be some dialog between me and someone else that is never visible or identified and there relevant details I remember now is that the nearest gas station was six miles down a dirt road that I was pushing what seemed to be a four-wheel all-terrain vehicle towards. I heard the detail about six miles and then I was pushing that four-wheeler and I was lamenting something to myself when I saw that the road curved upwards and I could see the crest of two hills nearby that I was going to have to push the four-wheeler up and over. That work did not seem that difficult though and then the puzzling part is that the dirt road, which had been wide and well-graded, was now just a narrow rut that got narrower and to the point that I would never get that four-wheeler through there and there was something about how this all was on the side of a steep hill or mountain. That was about the point I saw the scorpion(s). The dreamed seemed to end when I was contemplating climing over the ridge of the embankment to my left and I am not really certain what I saw at the point but I think I did crawl over it. After I had been awake for a while I wonder if I was at that point on the other side of an embankment that was to the right of that original dirt road I had been on.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/18/10 12:50 AM
I had the strongest sense when I started watching the DVD that I was due to have some new and profound information imparted to me as I watch it but I do not know what that could. One thought that occured to me is that I will soon know the precise day when I override the fleet ballistic missile submarine from destroying Seattle, and while I could soon remember that day, I am thinking that is not the new and profound information I will get from this particular review of this DVD.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 June 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/18/10 9:24 PM
When I first started trying to remember now, I decided the event was between 1/1/1995 and 5/1/1995. After I started reviewing the list, I decided the event occurred after the 4/19/1995 Oklahoma City bombing and I still think the event was before 5/1/1995.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/18/10 9:37 PM
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=51299

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Proclamation 6794 - Loyalty Day, 1995

April 29, 1995

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Our country's rich diversity of peoples and cultures has been called "the noble experiment." From its beginnings, our great democracy has guaranteed its citizens the blessings of freedom and the right of self-determination. Each year, with the coming of spring and the rebirth of nature, we pause to consider the progress of our Nation and to reaffirm our allegiance to the American experiment.

Two hundred and twenty years ago in Lexington, Massachusetts, a ragged group of colonial Americans faced a column of British soldiers. As the smoke cleared from the "shot heard round the world," eight American "Minutemen" lay dead—their blood spilled along the path to a new Nation on this soil. Their gift of freedom is held sacred to this day.

All Americans can be proud of the heritage of courage and sacrifice that has extended unbroken through generations of our citizens. The success of the United States today is seen both in our continued prosperity and strength and in our role as an international beacon of liberty. As we recall those who gave their lives for our freedom, we see our Nation's history reflected in their ranks—from the tireless "Minutemen" in Lexington to the brave men and women who fought in the Persian Gulf. These fine citizens, along with their families and those who have served on the home front, deserve our profound respect and gratitude. Let history forever record our loyalty to their legacy.

The Congress, by Public Law 85-529, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." We spend this day in celebration of our Constitution and our precious Bill of Rights and in honor of the sacrifices that have enabled this great charter to endure.

Now, Therefore, I, William J. Clinton, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 1995, as Loyalty Day. I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities, including public recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States. I also call upon government officials to display the flag on all government buildings and grounds on this day.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-ninth day of April, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and ninety-five, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and nineteenth.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/18/10 11:37 PM
I just suddenly, with a moderate sense of certainty, of just how quiet everything is right here at this moment.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 June 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/20/10 9:02 AM


I am synchronized though. I can only go as fast as the overall process.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 June 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/22/10 6:44 AM
There might be some kind of two-day event that has been planned to start today and end tomorrow, probably with the bang happening tomorrow.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 June 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/23/10 6:59 AM
Yesterday sometime around 1 PM, sometime not long after I made that blog post as a general post about the caves on the Moon and about caves on Mars, I heard someone talking loudly somewhere outside my apartment.


seemed to be pretending to talk to a cat


was instigated somehow because that person


or whoever she was talking to, is under criminal investigation and there is some kind of treachery going on around me.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 June 2010 excerpt ends]