Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Let's get in some target practice.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/21/10 4:20 AM
I think Bill Paxton's character is supposed to have some kind of bearing on the real Kerry Burgess in the 1990 film "Navy Seals." His character is an MM2 while Kerry Burgess left the US Navy as an FC2 but, if I am not mistaken, Kevin Burgess was a nuclear-qualified Machinist Mate during his time in the USN. Don't know what his final rank was.

I think there is also something humorous about how Bill Paxton is a sniper considering my "memory" of Kerry Burgess is that he was not a very good marksman, although that could have changed because he was later trained on marksmanship.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/21/10 4:24 AM
I was also going to note that, while the ribbons are different, I think that is same number, as he is wearing in the bar scene at 01:14, as a photo I remember of Kerry Burgess in his dress blue uniform.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 June 2010 excerpt ends]