Thursday, September 23, 2010

HMS Paradise




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011583610025&sid=20290&sn=KIRODT&st=201009212100&cn=107

excite

NCIS: Los Angeles (New)

107 KIRODT: Tuesday, September 21 9:00 PM

Crime drama, Action, Adventure, Mystery

Human Traffic

A member of the team disappears while under cover; the team works alongside LAPD on a human-trafficking case that involves money laundering and drugs.

Cast: Chris O'Donnell, LL Cool J, Linda Hunt, Barrett Foa, Peter Cambor, Daniela Ruah, Eric Christian Olsen Director(s): James Whitmore Jr. Executive Producer(s): Shane Brennan, R. Scott Gemmill

Original Air Date: Sep 21, 2010










2003 film "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" DVD video:

00:23:14


HMS Paradise officer: Mister Calamy. There's something that might interest you here. Look. The captain carved that. When he was a mid, no more than your age. He's known this ship man and boy. He says there's enough of his blood in the woodwork for the ship almost to be a relation.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt ends]










That scene made me feel so lonely the woman in the seat in front of me turned around to look at me and it was Russell Crowe's performance that reminded me I was not where I should be.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/18/2006 10:32 PM


I was probably flying with the Blue Angels when I was a Midshipman, as I have written, and I might have been the Commanding Officer at some point. As I was writing that, I thought about some thoughts I have been having lately about a plot element to Russell Crowe’s “Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World.” There was something about how he had served on that ship in his younger days and then came back to command the ship. I have been wondering what ship that could be for me, but I just had the thought maybe it was the Blue Angels. I went to see that movie some time in February 2004 after I quit Microsoft and before I moved to Spokane and I sensed it had something to do with me but I couldn’t explain what it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_and_Commander:_The_Far_Side_of_the_World
Release date(s) November 14, 2003

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World is a 2003 film

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/J/Jaws_(25th_Anniversary_Collectors_Edition).html

Jaws


All I want to know....
I just want to know one simple thing: When do I get to become an Islander?
Ellen, never. Never.
You're not born here, you're not an Islander. That's it.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan

Manhattan

Manhattan is one of the five boroughs of New York City. Located primarily on Manhattan Island at the mouth of the Hudson River, the boundaries of the borough are identical to those of New York County, an original county of the state of New York.










http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html#a=search&s=DN-ST-84-05144&chk=6efe0&dsb=01%2F05%2F1984&n=90&guid=5cf03d78efb5b555e9a792b00e162b492298b331

DefenseImagery.mil

DN-ST-84-05144

An air-to-air left side view of two F-14 Tomcat from the aircraft carrier USS AMERICA (CV 66) as they fly over an unidentified island.

Photographer's Name: W. M. WELCH

Location: unknown

Date Shot: 3/1/1983