Friday, September 17, 2010

Still surrounded at Fort Apocalypse.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: /09 7:54 PM
Having only my laptop to work on is seriously impeding my productivity.

I told the fire department employee, who I guess was a fireman, who came to investigate yesterday the fire alarm in my building that they should turn off the power to the building considering that the water flooding my floor by the broken water main on the


story was about to cover the electrical outlet strip on my floor but he was confident the circuit breaker would prevent anyone, including me, from getting electrocuted but I had no such confidence in a circuit breaker I had not even looked at and as far as I know that neither had he. They never did turn off the power.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Die Hard (1988)


[Hans' radio turns on]

Hans Gruber: I thought I told all of you, I want radio silence until further-

John McClane: Ooooh, I'm very sorry Hans. I didn't get that message. Maybe you should've put it on the bulletin board. I figured since I've waxed Tony and Marco and his friend here, I figured you and Karl and Franco might be a little lonely, so I wanted to give you a call.

Karl: How does he know so much about th-

Hans Gruber: [silences Karl him with a gesture] That's very kind of you. I assume you are our mysterious party crasher. You are most troublesome, for a security guard.

John McClane: Eeeh! Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?





http://www.cswap.com/1988/Die_Hard/cap/en/25fps/a/01_37

Die Hard


1:37:29
They're ordering the others
to cut the building's power.

1:37:33
Regular as clockwork.

1:37:36
Or a time lock.

1:37:38
Precisely.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 2:48 PM
I wonder if my brain was so scrambled after that missile shattered the canopy that I started communicating to the carrier in Spanish?!!

That would make a whole lot of sense that it happened like that!!!!

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 2:49 PM
I think that I am fluent in Spanish and my brain was so rattled that I couldn't remember how to speak English for a little while.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 March 2007 excerpt ends]