Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stargate Atlantis - This Mortal Coil - 07 December 2007




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:12 AM
I read those lines and I think to myself that I did it all right with Phoebe from day one, as though I was able to go backwards in time, knowing what I had to do to make her love me as much as I loved her.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:18 AM
I'm not certain if Phoebe would understand this, but what has been happening is expected. It is expected in the context of my activities of 1976.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:20 AM
That does not mean that we have to tolerate this extreme disruption to our lives, but I did anticipate this contingency because I understand human behavior very well, primarily because I was a cop.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:47 AM
damn. After 12 beers and I have no more, I could use 6 more.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:49 AM
that thought hit me ahaint that I would be besdevatated to find out i was not actally married to Phoebe Cates. That would be dsivating to me.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 1:58 AM
If I was a civilian, then that wouldn ot matter.

But i guess that is why they won't let me be a civilian.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 7:51 AM
I wake up just now and think to myself I must have dreamed a lot about Phoebe. I think I was actually visualizing true memories of her but I can't remember the context of those memories so I can't articulate very much about them. There was motion to the memories. I might have also been dreaming of us at the beach, possibly in 1981 and when she and I were married. In other dreams, she was in my office and someone else was waiting for me for my next meeting but I didn't want Phoebe to leave. After Phoebe and I were through with our meeting, I walked her to the elevator and stood there until the doors closed. We rarely showed any affection in public but I hugged her and told her I would see her at home later that night.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/transcripts/408.shtml

GateWorld


THE SEER

EPISODE NUMBER - 408

DVD DISC - Season 4, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.16.07


GATEROOM. Woolsey pulls his small suitcase behind him as he walks to the Stargate, which is open ready for him to leave. Sam stands nearby. He stops and turns to her.

WOOLSEY: Well. This is awkward.

CARTER (nodding): Yes.

WOOLSEY: For the record, I thought I was making the right call.

CARTER: It was a difficult situation for everyone.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 6:00 PM
By the time Phoebe and I started dating, I was ready for marriage and I knew she was the best woman I would ever find.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 6:05 PM
This time apart for us, including me having my long-term memory turned into a crossword puzzle, was never part of the original plan for revealing my mission to the comet. Rather, it is the criminal conspiracy to pirate my identity, and all the death and destruction associated with that criminal conspiracy, that has resulted in even more sacrifice by me and my wife.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 6:13 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Shag-Phoebe-Cates/dp/B000059TGD/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2746496-1331935?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1197079899&sr=8-1

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com
It's not too surprising that Shag flopped on its 1989 release but found a devoted cult following on cable TV and home video. This featherweight comedy looked like a waste of space on the big screen, but it plays very cozily on the tube, where it lends itself to popcorn breaks and pajama parties. (The lousy title must have had something to do with the movie's initial failure, a problem worsened by the film being marketed as Shag: The Movie, a truly dumb idea.) Shag is in the tradition of Spring Break pictures, a thoroughly formulaic stroll through the conventions of the minigenre: beachside romance, a wild party, one tender deflowering, and lots of rock & roll. The time is 1963, as three gal friends trick their soon-to-be-married pal (Phoebe Cates)


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 9:25 PM
I wonder if I actually just had a true memory of Phoebe there for a fraction of a second.

I find myself thinking I should explore those sensations, despite that I am left with nothing in my conscious awareness from it. I just think it means something and maybe if I at least think to myself that something just happened in my mind, I will gradually gain more insight into whatever it was.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 9:48 PM
That sensation I wrote of a few minutes ago is something differently than I have written of before. While I sometimes see flashes of images of Phoebe, from sources unknown to my conscious mind, this sensation is something different than what I describe as possible true memories returning. It is something more like a new type of perception, I think is how I want to describe it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/transcripts/410.shtml

GateWorld


THIS MORTAL COIL

EPISODE NUMBER - 410

DVD DISC - Season 4, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 12.07.07


LATER. RODNEY'S LAB. Rodney and Radek are again working on two separate laptops. The probe is standing in between the two computers and is wired into them. Rodney takes a bite out of a sandwich as he stares at his screen.

ZELENKA: This is pointless. Even though the object survived re-entry physically intact, its internal systems are shot. These are just incomprehensible readings.

McKAY (through a mouthful of sandwich): By design.

(Radek sighs.)

ZELENKA: There's no design here, Rodney – just meaningless data.

McKAY (his mouth still full of food): But my instincts tell me that's because they're running an advanced masking programme, to fool us. They're good – I'm better.










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/this-mortal-coil-1-1034089/

tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Episode 10

This Mortal Coil (1)


When a mysterious probe crashes into the city the team is convinced the Replicators have found them.


AIRED: 12/7/07



http://www.tv.com/shows/kojak/siege-of-terror-40459/

tv.com


Kojak Season 1 Episode 1

Siege of Terror


Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 24, 1973 on CBS


AIRED: 10/24/73



http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/medals/pow

Department of Defense

United States of America

DPMO

Defense Prisoner of War

Missing Personnel Office


Prisoner of War Medal










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/transcripts/410.shtml

GateWorld


THIS MORTAL COIL

EPISODE NUMBER - 410

DVD DISC - Season 4, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 12.07.07


KELLER: I'm sorry it's come to this.

WEIR: Listen to me. You have probed our minds. You know everything there is to know about us. You should know, we will never accept this. No matter how many times you wipe our memories, we'll always figure it out.

SHEPPARD: She's right. We're genetically pre-disposed to being ... stubborn, really pesky.

WEIR: You want to understand what it means to be human, right? You wanna know what qualities might eventually lead to ascension? You can start with compassion.

(Jennifer's eyes fill with tears.)

KELLER: I understand what you're saying, and under different circumstances I might even agree with you. Unfortunately, it's too late.

SHEPPARD: What are you talking about?

KELLER: The other Replicators have found us.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 6:15 PM
There is something else that goes along with how that movie is set in the same time as Phoebe was actually born. There are some obvious reasons why that could have been explained away, considering that she is the star of the movie, but there is something else that I cannot yet remember, other than what I have described so far. Just something else that associates Phoebe and me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/07/07 6:18 PM
She's my baby.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 December 2007 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/transcripts/410.shtml

GateWorld


THIS MORTAL COIL

EPISODE NUMBER - 410

DVD DISC - Season 4, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 12.07.07


WEIR: You think by studying us, you'll discover the secret ingredient?

KELLER: You're all fully human. You have the same minds as your original selves, the same thoughts, the same emotions. More importantly, you have something that's always eluded us, something that kept your kind apart from the very beginning and made you special in the eyes of our creators. You would call it a soul. It is that "secret ingredient" you referred to – the key to ascension.

WEIR: That is not something you can learn to acquire simply by studying us.

KELLER: Why not? The human brain is just an electro-chemical machine – biologically created, but a machine nonetheless. Everything is quantifiable.

WEIR: Now you sound like Oberoth.

KELLER: The others have given up on ascension. They're destroying human populations throughout the galaxy as a tactic in their war with the Wraith. They're consumed with hatred and revenge. We believe there is another path.

WEIR: Why are you telling me all this?

KELLER: You're open-minded, and it's important that we gauge your reactions.

WEIR: Why?

KELLER (smiling): So we can avoid the same mistakes next time.

BRIG. Elizabeth has been returned to the cell.

WEIR: They're gonna wipe our memories and then start again on another planet. That probe was sent by Oberoth and the other Replicators. Our friends out there tried to destroy it, but they only managed to disable it.

McKAY: If that thing hadn't crashed into the city, who knows how long this could have gone on?

WEIR: Yeah, but the point is, this position's been compromised. Once the other Replicators find this city, they'll destroy it.

SHEPPARD: Oh, yeah, and us too.

TEYLA: Is that any worse than having our memories erased and starting this whole process again?

DEX: We've gotta find a way out of here.

(Jennifer comes in and walks over to the cell.)

KELLER: I'm sorry it's come to this.

WEIR: Listen to me. You have probed our minds. You know everything there is to know about us. You should know, we will never accept this. No matter how many times you wipe our memories, we'll always figure it out.

SHEPPARD: She's right. We're genetically pre-disposed to being ... stubborn, really pesky.

WEIR: You want to understand what it means to be human, right? You wanna know what qualities might eventually lead to ascension? You can start with compassion.










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/transcripts/410.shtml

GateWorld


THIS MORTAL COIL

EPISODE NUMBER - 410

DVD DISC - Season 4, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 12.07.07


ROOM IN THE OUTER CITY. Rodney glares at Jennifer.

McKAY: You're Replicators.

KELLER: That's right. Until you began making changes to our base code, we were forbidden from assuming the form of any living human, but now we can take any form we like.

(Her outward appearance melts into a silver sheen, then morphs into the form of a dark-haired woman. She holds that form for a few seconds, then melts back into silver before re-taking the form of Jennifer Keller.)

McKAY: You couldn't have replaced everyone on the base. It's impossible!

KELLER: Only because you believe this is the real Atlantis, and that you're the real Doctor McKay.

INFIRMARY.

TEYLA (to Lorne): So you're saying that we're also Replicators?

LORNE: No. You are flesh and blood – ordinary humans in every way except that you were manufactured from the inside out by nanites, some of which remain in your system, effecting repairs as necessary.

SHEPPARD: I'm not buying it.

LORNE: All that you are – your thoughts, your memories – everything was taken from the real John Sheppard and his team when their minds were probed over a year ago.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:45 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 20 November 2013