Thursday, November 21, 2013

I can see right in front of me walking outside what I'd like to have for Christmas.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/06/ashdown.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:59 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 29 June 2013


Ashdown



I was wondering why Tom Withem's Facebook page referenced the USS Enterprise CVN 65. Apparently Lesa Jewell Withem's son, Cole Withem, has served in the US Navy since 2007 and is a nuclear-specialized Machinist's Mate assigned to that ship.

What will they think of next, Colonel Taylor.

Looking around I started looking at Mary Marchand's Facebook page, as I followed the links of the friends that are listed on a Facebook page for Lesa Jewell Withem that is still active.

I saw what seems to be class reunion from 2004 for the Class of 1984. I was just thinking about that again a couple days ago.

Only in recent months did the notion suddenly dawn on me that I completely forgot about the possibility of a twenty year reunion, presumably in the year 2004.

So that got me thinking in recent days that I was using my microsoft.com email address to communicate with Lesa Jewell Withem back before I quit working at Microsoft.

If she had tried to email me about the reunion after I quit working there on 06 February 2004 then I wouldn't have got the message. I also never even thought to check with anybody about it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 June 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274991/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Trip to Bountiful (1953 TV Movie)

Release Info


USA 1 March 1953










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045702/releaseinfo

IMDb


Down Among the Sheltering Palms (1953)

Release Info


USA 1 March 1953



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045702/fullcredits

IMDb


Down Among the Sheltering Palms (1953)

Full Cast & Crew


William Lundigan ... Capt. W.W. 'Bill' Willoby
Jane Greer ... Diana Forrester



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045702/plotsummary

IMDb


Down Among the Sheltering Palms (1953)

Plot Summary


World War II is over but Captain Willoby and his men must "occupy" remote Midi Island. The men are disgusted at not going home...until they meet the friendly island women. Unfortunately, Willoby has been ordered to prohibit his men from "fraternizing." This task, already frustrating, is made worse by the presence of missionary's niece Diana and the arrival of gorgeous journalist Angela.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/E/Elvis_Has_Left_The_Building_2004.html


Elvis Has Left The Building


He's an advertising executive?
You know, I thought there's|come a point in my life
when I'd meet someone
and everything would just happen.
Finally, when he's standing right|in front of me what happens?
He never shows.
Vanished.
Vaporized.
Discontinued product line.
Don't worry, honey.|You'll find this man.
But I hadn't told you...
Harmony.
Harmony! You found me.
I'm right here!
Shit!
It's not funny.|I could be in a lot of trouble.
Maybe I shouId hand myseIf over?
I love this.
My best friend is going around|killing Elvis impersonators.










From 6/30/1966 ( Lesa Lynnette Jewell Withem ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 13938 days

13938 = 6969 + 6969

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/1/1984 ( the United States Navy warship USS Taylor FFG 50 commissioned into United States Navy battle force fleet active service - departing in 1986 as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 3rd Class my first United States Navy fleet assignment beginning 19 December 1984 ) is 6969 days



From 6/30/1966 ( Mike Tyson ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 13938 days

13938 = 6969 + 6969

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/1/1984 ( the United States Navy warship USS Taylor FFG 50 commissioned into United States Navy battle force fleet active service - departing in 1986 as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 3rd Class my first United States Navy fleet assignment beginning 19 December 1984 ) is 6969 days



From 6/30/1966 ( the National Organization for Women founded ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 13938 days

13938 = 6969 + 6969

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/1/1984 ( the United States Navy warship USS Taylor FFG 50 commissioned into United States Navy battle force fleet active service - departing in 1986 as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 3rd Class my first United States Navy fleet assignment beginning 19 December 1984 ) is 6969 days



From 7/14/1995 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory" ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 3332 days

3332 = 1666 + 1666

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/1970 ( premiere US film "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" ) is 1666 days



From 3/1/1953 ( premiere US film "The Trip to Bountiful" ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 3/1/1953 ( premiere US film "Down Among the Sheltering Palms" ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 3594 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/5/1975 ( Lynette Alice Fromme attempts to shoot Gerald Ford ) is 3594 days



From 12/31/1955 ( premiere US film "It Happened to You" ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 3/27/1954 ( the United States Castle Romeo thermonuclear bomb test at Bikini Atoll ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 5/21/1952 ( Mr. T ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 3/30/1944 ( premiere US film "America's Hidden Weapon" ) To 1/23/1983 ( premiere US TV series "The A-Team" ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 5518 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/11/1980 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US TV series "Magnum, P.I." ) is 5518 days



From 2/25/1956 ( Nikita Khrushchev - The Secret Speech On the Cult of Personality ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 10/30/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Walking Distance" ) To 8/24/1998 ( the Kevin Warwick microchip test ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the world famous actress and the medical doctor and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 5/10/2002 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US TV series episode "Jeremiah"::"Thieves' Honor" & the Robert Hanssen sentencing as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



From 3/24/1952 ( premiere US film "Oklahoma Annie" ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 14178 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/27/2004 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Elvis Has Left the Building" ) is 14178 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/02/stargate-atlantis-underground.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/underground-333978/


tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 1 Episode 8

Underground


Gating to the planet Genii to trade for food, the team discovers what appears to be a simple, farming population. But they are preparing a deadly weapon to attack the Wraith, and when Sheppard and McKay are interrogated it appears the Genii may not make the best of allies.


AIRED: 8/27/04





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377057/releaseinfo

IMDb


Elvis Has Left the Building (2004)

Release Info


UK 27 August 2004
USA 2 August 2005 (DVD premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377057/plotsummary

IMDb


Elvis Has Left the Building (2004)

Plot Summary


The successful Pink Lady cosmetics saleswoman Harmony Jones, who uses lipsticks of her competitor to protect her lips, is very connected to Elvis Presley since she was seven years old and met him. She presently wishes to have a boy-friend and raise a family of her own, being lucky in business and unlucky in love. While traveling nearby Las Vegas, she accidentally kills three Elvis Presley impersonators, and she believes the police is chasing her. Meanwhile, she also meets Miles Taylor, who works in an advertising agency in New York, and is traveling to Las Vegas to finalize his divorce process with his former wife, Belinda. She wants her Elvis Presley clothes back as the final condition to sign the divorce papers. Harmony sees the clothes in Miles' hands and believing he is another Elvis impersonator, she avoids him, afraid of hurting him.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377057/fullcredits

IMDb


Elvis Has Left the Building (2004)

Full Cast & Crew


Kim Basinger ... Harmony Jones
John Corbett ... Miles Taylor
Annie Potts ... Shirl










http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/FFG50.htm

NVR

Naval Vessel Register

USS TAYLOR (FFG 50)
GUIDED MISSILE FRIGATE
Class: FFG 7
Fleet: Atlantic
Status: Active, in commission
Force: Battle Force

Award Date: 05/22/1981
Keel Date: 05/05/1983
Launch Date: 11/05/1983
Commission Date: 12/01/1984










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/E/Elvis_Has_Left_The_Building_2004.html


Elvis Has Left The Building


My best friend is going around|killing Elvis impersonators.
I pity the next person|who steps in front of me
wearing an Elvis outfit.
Baby. I'm going win me|a Cadillac.
My God. He's an Elvis.
It's just Roy.
What Cadillac?
They're giving away a new Cadillac
to the person who most resembles|Elvis at the convention.
Hunka, hunka.
Need I say more?
Oh God.
I don't believe I've seen that|outfit since our wedding night.
Just watch this.
''Well, since my baby left me.|I found a new place to dwell.''
Roy!
Is he dead?
Emergency, how can I help you?
Thank God. Hello.|I'm locked in a trunk of a car.
Location, please?
I don't know where I am exactly,
but I'm at Shirl's house|and it's raining hard.
This is Nevada, sir, and it's not|raining anywhere in the state,
and we don't appreciate|crank calls.
This is...hello?
Emergency, how can I help you?
I am locked in the trunk|of a Cadillac
owned by a Pink Lady lady.|It's raining.
Look, Mr.Pink Lady lady,|I've just about had it with you.
Please, calm down.
I'm not very good|in cramped places.
I have major issues|with very small spaces.
I need some help.
You should old enough|to know better.
Call us when you have|a real emergency.










http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/08/us/the-1994-campaign-vice-president-rebukes-gingrich-for-citing-murder-case.html


The New York Times


THE 1994 CAMPAIGN

THE 1994 CAMPAIGN; Vice President Rebukes Gingrich for Citing Murder Case

Published: November 8, 1994

PEORIA, Ill., Nov. 7— Vice President Al Gore has rebuked Representative Newt Gingrich for discussing in political terms the case of a woman in South Carolina who is accused of killing her two young sons.

Mr. Gingrich, the Georgia Republican who is the House minority whip, said on Saturday in an appearance for his re-election campaign, "The mother killing her two children in South Carolina vividly reminds every American how sick the society is getting and how much we have to have change." He added that "the only way you get change is to vote Republican."

The Vice President called Mr. Gingrich's comments "outrageous" and said that "we should have a bipartisan agreement to stop stirring up hatefulness and bringing something like this into partisan politics." Mr. Gore made his remarks during a campaign appearance for a Democratic Congressional candidate in Illinois.

Mr. Gingrich, who said his remarks had been taken out of context, was referring to the case of Susan V. Smith of Union, S.C., who told the authorities last month that her two young sons had been kidnapped by a carjacker. The police said she confessed last week to drowning the boys by letting her car roll into a lake as they were strapped inside.

The defense lawyer and the prosecutor in the Smith case said they were dismayed by Mr. Gingrich's reference.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/E/Elvis_Has_Left_The_Building_2004.html


Elvis Has Left The Building


You should old enough|to know better.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1510769/releaseinfo

IMDb


It Happened to You (1955)

Release Info


USA 31 December 1955










http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/527129.html

Women who tried to kill Ford still locked up

John M. Glionna and Larry Gordon - Los Angeles Times

Published: Sun, Dec. 31, 2006

They are joined in a strange sisterhood by a pair of unhinged acts: In the autumn of 1975, 17 days apart, each tried to assassinate President Ford, who died this week at age 93.

Today, Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Fromme and Sara Jane Moore are serving life sentences in federal prisons in Texas and California, respectively. The once headline-grabbing names have become historical footnotes who embody the extremism of a tumultuous era.

Three decades ago, Fromme was a slender red-haired flower child from Santa Monica, Calif., a Charles Manson handmaiden who gouged an "X" into her forehead in devotion to the murderer.


Fromme, now 58, was the first woman in history to try to assassinate a U.S. president when on Sept. 5, 1975, she burst through a crowd gathered at the state Capitol, dressed in a nun's robe, with a .45-caliber pistol strapped to her left leg.

She pointed the weapon at Ford from 2 feet away. The gun was loaded, but there was no bullet in the firing chamber. A Secret Service agent disarmed her and slapped her in handcuffs.

At her sentencing, when the federal judge said he believed she would have killed Ford if she could have, Fromme shouted: "You fool! I'm trying to save your life!" She later threw an apple, hitting the federal prosecutor.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044988/releaseinfo

IMDb


Oklahoma Annie (1952)

Release Info


USA 24 March 1952



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044988/

IMDb


Oklahoma Annie (1952)


A storekeeper gets involved in cleaning up corruption in her town, and also hopes to attract the attention of the handsome new sheriff.










See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/07/father-goose.html


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:31 PM FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2007 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2007/07/rio.html


I also pondered over how she is wearing that silver bracelet and I have on that silver identification band that all the racers wore during the event.


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3488&ID=8462793&FROM=photos&BIB=878


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current54.jpg.html


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current05.jpg.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Lovely


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.twilightzonemuseum.com/show/01.php

Twilight Zone Museum


Walking Distance

ORIGINALLY BROADCAST AS EPISODE 005, 30 October 1959


MEMORABLE QUOTATIONS:

MARTIN: Used to live in Homewood. Grew up there as a matter of fact. Haven't been back in 20, 25 years. Twenty, 25 years. Yesterday I just got in the car and drove. I had to get out of New York City. One more board meeting, phone call, report or problem, I would have jumped right out the window. That's walking distance, isn't it?

GAS MAN: Yep, 'bout a mile an' a half.

MARTIN: Yeah, that's walking distance.










http://www.smh.com.au/business/clever-contact-lenses-20091207-kfgo.html


The Sydney Morning Herald


Clever contact lenses

Date December 8, 2009


SMALL is said to be beautiful in the electronics industry, a thought that some take to mean that the age of the bionic person is about to envelop us. But examples of humans carrying embedded microchips are older than you might think.
Kevin Warwick, professor of cybernetics at Reading University in England, earned the title of the world's first (partially) bionic man when, on August 24, 1998, he became the first human to host a microchip. Well, several chips, inside a pearl-sized glass capsule inserted in his left arm.

The job took doctors about 20-minutes and the professor was then able to unlock his laboratory door without having to find the key - at least for nine days before it ran out of battery power.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:05 AM Tuesday, April 12, 2011


Pegasus





Damnit, I know I wrote several times about that woman in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. On 27 June 2004 when I crossed the finish line of that 2.4 mile swim course and 112 mile bicycle course and 26.2 mile running course she was one of two women who were apparently volunteers who were assigned to escort the course finishers away from the finish line and towards the exit area for the course finishers. On the website for the Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2004 triathlon I later watched the video that company, a racketeering organization famously associated with the State of Hawaii, and I could clearly see the video of where she put her hand on my chest. After they escorted me out of the finish line area and directed me to a tent where she told me I could find pizza, which I did but that wasn't as appetizing as it sounded, she made the comment about how she knew I did not want to be there and I responded about how I did want to be there. I was standing there about 11:20 PM in my Nike Pegasus running shoes, after walking much of the marathon course, and the day was 27 June 2004.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 April 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2004_3809963

chron

Houston Chronicle Archives

Rove testifies in CIA leak case / Bush adviser met with grand jury voluntarily for more than 2 hours

Associated Press

SAT 10/16/2004

Houston Chronicle


Rove's testimony in the yearlong investigation comes as the hotly contested presidential race between Bush and Democrat John Kerry enters its final weeks. Democrats wasted no time in turning Rove's appearance into criticism of the president.

Kerry senior adviser Joe Lockhart issued a statement calling on Rove and other aides to "come clean about their role in this insidious act."

"If the president sincerely wanted to get to the bottom of this potential crime, he'd stop the White House foot-dragging and fully cooperate with this investigation," Lockhart said.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry


John Kerry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943) is an American politician


U.S. Senate tenure (1985–2013)


George H. W. Bush administration

On November 15, 1988, at a businessmen's breakfast in East Lynn, Massachusetts, Kerry made a joke about then-President-elect George H. W. Bush and his running mate, saying "if Bush is shot, the Secret Service has orders to shoot Dan Quayle."



http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1988_537336

chron Houston Chronicle Archives

U.S. blasts 5 Iranian targets

Houston Chronicle News Services

MON 04/18/1988 HOUSTON CHRONICLE

MANAMA, Bahrain - The U.S. Navy today destroyed two offshore Iranian oil platforms, sank a defending Iranian patrol boat and bombed two Iranian frigates. Iran attacked oil facilities off Sharjah and fired on at least two U.S. vessels.


One U.S. warship fired missiles at two approaching Iranian jet fighters, but the fighters reversed course; it was unclear whether they were hit, Carlucci said.

He said an Iranian patrol boat fired on the U.S. cruiser Wainwright, which took part in the attack on one of the platforms. The Wainwright was not hit.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1298539/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Battle for Oil (1942)

Country Date

USA 23 March 1942










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry


John Kerry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943) is an American politician


U.S. Senate tenure (1985–2013)


Kerry chaired the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs from 1991 to 1993.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moron

Dictionary.com


moron


a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation










http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2007/apr/26/greatspeeches2

guardian.co.uk

Series: Great speeches of the 20th century

The cult of the individual


Nikita Khrushchev

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 26 April 2007 01.34 BST

Comrades! In the party central committee's report at the 20th congress and in a number of speeches by delegates to the congress a lot has been said about the cult of the individual. After Stalin's death, the central committee began explaining that it is foreign to the spirit of Marxism-Leninism to elevate one person, to transform him into a superman possessing supernatural characteristics, akin to those of a god. Such a man supposedly knows everything, sees everything, thinks for everyone, can do anything, is infallible in his behaviour.

Such a belief about a man, and specifically about Stalin, was cultivated among us for many years. The objective of this report is not a thorough evaluation of Stalin's life and activity. Concerning Stalin's merits, an entirely sufficient number of books, pamphlets and studies had already been written in his lifetime. Stalin's role in the execution of the socialist revolution, in the civil war, and in the construction of socialism is universally known.

At present, we are concerned with how the cult of Stalin has been gradually growing, the cult which became the source of a whole series of exceedingly serious perversions of party principles, of party democracy, of revolutionary legality. The central committee considers it absolutely necessary to make material pertaining to this matter available to the 20th congress.

The great modesty of the genius of the revolution, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, is known. Lenin always stressed the role of the people as the creator of history. Lenin mercilessly stigmatised every manifestation of the cult of the individual. Lenin never imposed his views by force. He tried to convince. He patiently explained his opinions to others.

Lenin detected in Stalin those negative characteristics which resulted later in grave consequences. Fearing the future fate of the of the Soviet nation, Lenin pointed out that it was necessary to consider transferring Stalin from the position of general secretary because Stalin did not have a proper attitude toward his comrades.



http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/21/AR2006022101140.html

The Washington Post


Happy Anniversary, Nikita Khrushchev

By Anne Applebaum

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It is, I admit, an odd thing to celebrate: A long-winded and not entirely honest speech, made behind closed doors, addressed to the stony-faced leaders of a country that no longer exists. Nevertheless, I'm reluctant to let the 50th anniversary of Nikita Khrushchev's famous "secret speech" -- his denunciation of Stalin and Stalinism, delivered to the 20th Congress of the Soviet Communist Party on Feb. 25, 1956 -- pass without notice. We are, after all, at another important historical moment. Condoleezza Rice, the U.S. secretary of state, has just announced that we will spend $75 million promoting democracy and fighting a totalitarian regime in Iran. We have thousands of soldiers in Iraq, trying to pick up the pieces after the collapse of another totalitarian regime there. Since Khrushchev's secret speech was the first step in what turned out to be a very long struggle to end totalitarianism in the Soviet Union, it's worth remembering now what the circumstances that surrounded it actually were.

In essence, Khrushchev's speech (which didn't remain secret very long; Polish communists leaked it to the Israelis, who leaked it to the West) was a piece of theater, a four-hour harangue during which the new Soviet leader denounced the "cult of personality" that had surrounded Stalin, condemned torture and acknowledged that "mass arrests and deportation of thousands and thousands of people" had "created insecurity, fear and even desperation" in his country. But although it was an international sensation -- no Soviet leader had spoken so frankly before -- the speech didn't exactly tell the whole truth. Khrushchev accused Stalin of many crimes, but deftly left out the ones in which he himself had been implicated. As William Taubman, author of "Khrushchev: The Man and His Era," has documented, the Soviet leader had in fact collaborated enthusiastically with Stalinist terror, participating in the very mass arrests he condemned. Khrushchev's speech was intended as much to consolidate his own power and intimidate his party opponents -- all of whom had also collaborated enthusiastically -- as it was to liberate his countrymen.



http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1956khrushchev-secret1.html


Modern History Sourcebook:

Nikita S. Khrushchev:

The Secret Speech - On the Cult of Personality, 1956

Secret Speech Delivered by First Party Secretary at the Twentieth Party Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, February 25, 1956


Comrades, in the report of the Central Committee of the party at the 20th Congress, in a number of speeches by delegates to the Congress, as also formerly during the plenary CC/CPSU sessions, quite a lot has been said about the cult of the individual and about its harmful consequences. . . .

Allow me first of all to remind you bow severely the classics of Marxism-Leninism denounced every manifestation of the cult of the individual. In a letter to the German political worker, Wilhelm Bloss, Marx stated: "From my antipathy to any cult of the individual, I never made public during the existence of the International the numerous addresses from various countries which recognized my merits and which annoyed me. I did not even reply to them, except sometimes to rebuke their authors. Engels and I first joined the secret society of Communists on the condition that everything making for superstitious worship of authority would be deleted from its statute. . . .

The great modesty of the genius of the revolution, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, is known. Lenin had always stressed the role of the people as the creator of history, the directing and organizational role of the party as a living and creative organism, and also the role of the central committee.

Marxism does not negate the role of the leaders of the workers' class in directing the revolutionary liberation movement.

While ascribing great importance to the role of the leaders and organizers of the masses, Lenin at the same time mercilessly stigmatized every manifestation of the cult of the individual, inexorably combated the foreign-to-Marxism views about a "hero" and a "crowd" and countered all efforts to oppose a "hero" to the masses and to the people.

Lenin taught that the party's strength depends on its indissoluble unity with the masses, on the fact that behind the party follow the people - workers, peasants and intelligentsia. "Only lie will win and retain the power," said Lenin, "who believes in the people, who submerges himself in the fountain of the living creativeness of the people.". . .










http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/SecNavInst%201650.1H.pdf


SECNAV INSTRUCTION 1650.1H

From: Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)

Subj: NAVY AND MARINE CORPS AWARDS MANUAL

1. Purpose. To provide guidance and regulations concerning awards available for recognizing individuals and units in the Naval Service.


2. Navy Cross

a. Authorization. 10 U.S.C. S6242.

b. Eligibility Requirements

(1) Awarded to individuals who, while serving in any capacity with the Navy or Marine Corps, distinguish themselves by extraordinary heroism, not justifying the award of the Medal of Honor.

(a) While engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States;

(b) While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or

(c) While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force, in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

(2) To warrant this distinctive decoration, the act or execution of duty must be performed in the presence of great danger, or at great personal risk, and must be performed in such a manner as to set individuals apart from their shipmates or fellow Marines. An accumulation of minor acts of heroism normally does not justify the award. The high standards SECNAVINST 1650.1H demanded must be borne in mind when recommending the award.










http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/photogalleries/coral-pictures/photo4.html

National Geographic


Corals Flourish at ''Nuked'' Atoll


The Castle Romeo Detonation, the third largest atom bomb ever tested by the United States, explodes over the Bikini Atoll on March 27, 1954.

A series of bombs half a century ago annihilated the remote Pacific region, disintegrating nearby islands and shaking others up to 124 miles (200 kilometers) away.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001558/bio

IMDb


Biography for

Mr. T

Date of Birth

21 May 1952, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Birth Name

Lawrence Tureaud










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ultra

Dictionary.com


ultra


a prefix occurring originally in loanwords from Latin, with the basic meaning “on the far side of, beyond.” In relation to the base to which it is prefixed, ultra- has the senses “located beyond, on the far side of”



http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/space

Dictionary.com


space


the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185871/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

America's Hidden Weapon (1944)

Country Date

USA 30 March 1944










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-a-team/mexican-slayride-1-6416/

tv.com


The A-Team Season 1 Episode 1

Mexican Slayride (1)


Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 1983 on NBC


AIRED: 1/23/83










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/E/Elvis_Has_Left_The_Building_2004.html


Elvis Has Left The Building


It's not funny.|I could be in a lot of trouble.
Maybe I should hand myself over?
I love this.
My best friend is going around|killing Elvis impersonators.
I pity the next person|who steps in front of me
wearing an Elvis outfit.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:01 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 21 November 2013